Make content accessible to all and increase video view time with one simple trick for Instagram and Facebook - Add Subtitles to your videos (aka - closed captions, open captioning, or transcription). MixCaptions can do this for you with the push of a button.
If you vlog, create DIY videos, have a huge international audience etc - adding subtitles will tremendously benefit you and here is why.
Videos have topped social media as the preferred format and most viewers watch video without sound (Instagram and Facebook both auto play video with sound OFF) or may be living with a hearing disability. Subtitles on your video will keep your audience engaged and coming back for more.
Creators use MixCaptions as the final step to complete editing their videos. Simply open MixCaptions, choose your video, generate captions, and the app will automatically do the rest. You can also easily edit captions to your preference.
- Choose a pre-recorded video and transcribe up to 30 minutes long
- Edit speech to text subtitles for accuracy
- Change the display location of captions (top, middle, bottom)
- Supports 23 languages (English, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese)
- Customize font, color, and background of your captions
- Add a text or image watermark (i.e. logo)
- Support most common video ratios including vertical and 16:9, perfect for Instagram, IGTV, Stories, Facebook, Twitter
- Save video with caption baked in the video
Subscribe for Unlimited Access to Pro Features
- Unlock watermark and gain unlimited access to upcoming features
- Subscriptions are billed yearly at the rate selected depending on the subscription plan.
- Subscription auto-renew at the cost of the selected plan, unless cancelled 24-hours in advance prior to the end of the current period. The subscription fee is charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. You may manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Setting after purchase. Per Apple policy, no cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
Have any comments? Want to request a feature? Please Email Team@mixcord.co
- Improvements & bug fixes
Note: If you are experiencing problems please email us at email@example.com so that we can get more details from you. Simply leaving a review does not always give us the information needed to resolve the issue.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Dislike Purchasing Minutes, but Also The Best App I’ve Found
I tried several of the other captioning/subtitling apps from the App Store now and this is the best one I’ve found! I don’t like the whole ordeal with paying for minutes to use for automatic transcriptions, but the app works and is fairly smooth with only some minor changes needed (e.g. can’t have text switch from one line to the next without having a single frame where there’s no text, but if it’s auto generated, there’s no missing frame of text).
I originally mentioned a technical issue (squished videos, which is due to the way your video is encoded) I was having and also emailed the team and they were very responsive! If you’re having the squished video issue like me, I’ve found that the best option is to screen record the clip I want and use that instead, as those always show up normal in the app.
Developer Response ,
Please email us at Team@Mixcord.co so we can take a look at the video ratio issue. Thanks!
A Massive Rip Off
Initially, I was so impressed with this app. I uploaded a video, it captioned it, et voilá! In fact, I use captioned videos for work, and when I moved onto my second video, I paid $4.99 for additional minutes of captioning time and submitted the video. After paying, the video was black, with no sound and only captions. My operating system is up to date, as is my app. However, after paying, the app is no longer able to process my videos. What a scam! Buyer beware. Really too bad, because the freebie video they give you is so expertly captioned, but once you pay the software no longer functions. Just glad I didn’t pay for a higher number of minutes. Will be reporting to Apple.
Developer Response ,
Our team is looking into your issue. We thank you for your patience as we try to figure our a solution for your unique issue. In the meantime, we will provide replenish your credit. Thanks!
Best captioning app!
I tried pretty much all of the apps in the appstore that were free to download, and this is the best all around! It’s easy to use, the speech recognition catches pretty much everything, omits the “um” and “uh”s and is timed on screen in a way that isn’t overwhelming or too slow, and you can keep your video in portrait orientation if need be! The only negatives i’ve experienced so far are: 1. your video has to be in 10minute increments, but it’s easy to use the trim tool to make sure you start and end the video in exact places. 2. you essentially have to pay to collect points, and depending on how long your video is you may need to buy more. i.e. i had a 10min long video to caption and i needed 600points, which is $1.99. not bad! but i think it would be better for people who plan to regularly use it if it there was an option to pay a monthly fee instead.
overall though this is 100% the best app i’ve tried and i highly recommend it!
- Mixcord Inc.
- 45.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Mixcord Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Subtitles for pros $3.99
- 60 minutes $4.99
- 300 minutes $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.