Mixcloud is the global community for audio culture.
Explore millions of radio shows, DJ mixes and podcasts made by passionate creators around the world, for free.
The Mixcloud app gives you a free listening experience to enjoy anytime, anywhere.
• Explore a wide range of genres and categories for free
• Follow creators / DJs / radio stations and keep up with their latest shows
• Tune in to radio stations across the Globe
• Keep track of your listening and streaming history
• Listen to what’s trending near you and around the world
• Queue up what you want to listen to later
• Sync your listening experience across your devices
• Upgrade to Mixcloud Select to get more from your most loved creators / DJ channels for a small monthly fee
• Directly support your favourite artists and the music they play in their shows
• Listen to Select creators / DJs / radio stations offline
• Access exclusive shows and posts
• Access the back catalog of your favourite Select creators / DJs / radio stations
• Upgrade to Premium to listen to your favourite creators / DJ channels without ads or play restrictions
• Get access to upfront tracklists
• Access the back catalog of your favourite radio stations without limits
• Are you a creator / DJ / radio host? Upgrade to Pro to get access to the tools you need to grow and monetise your audience
• Get closer to your fans with Mixcloud live
• Allow your fans to show their support by subscribing to your channel
• Grow a real fanbase
What’s new in v.26.1.1:
Watch Live streams using your Mixcloud app!
- You can now watch live streams by your favourite DJs by clicking on the new broadcast icon in the tab navigation
- You can share live streams more easily by tapping on the live stream video where you’ll see a share button
- You can browse live streams sorting by Trending, Popular, Most recent
If you always want the latest version of Mixcloud app, make sure you keep your Updates on.
Have any feedback? Let us know at email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Mixcloud is awesome, the app not so much
Mixcloud as an idea and the execution deserves fully 5 stars: mixes are awesome, DJs are great, it pretty much meets all my music needs; I also have Apple Music, but I probably use it less than 5% of the time, while I’m on Mixcloud all the time.
The app, unfortunately, has probably been outsourced to some cheap outfit, with really poor grasp of even the basics of computer science.
The UX is good and works well, but it’s really the basics these guys lack:
- it loses track of the current mix position most of the times;
- from time to time, after being paused, it cannot reconnect (you need to force restart)
- when paused (eg taking one AirPod out) it won’t restart (sometimes, other times it will)
- reordering tracks in the play queue messes up the UX (so, at best you can reorder one, then close the queue, reopen it, move another one; rinse and repeat - truly idiotic, FFS, it’s an ordered list, how hard can it be?)
All the issues are intermittent and inconsistent: this really means poor coding practices and a fundamental lack of testing.
It would be great if Mixcloud, having completely aced their business dynamics, could be bothered to invest in some decent engineering talent.
I would happily sign up for Select, but I’m not going to put money on something that only works 50% of the time.
Developer Response ,
Hello mm345678, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're re-writing the player mechanism from scratch to give you and all our users a better playback experience. We're aware of these issues and we're addressing them, we've had a lot of tech debt to clear, we're a small but strong team and we're working hard so that you can enjoy listening to your favourite music on Mixcloud. If you want to talk to us you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Same problems keep popping up
The same problems that have plagued this app continue to do so, despite the many developer responses of them being fixed or “we are aware and are working on it.” Pausing a mix will sometimes not lose your place, but most of the time it does. If I hit pause to pump gas, by the time I turn the car back on when I’m finished the app has completely forgotten what I was listening to. Requires a force close and reopening the app, and it might start on the next mix which requires you to start the previous (original) mix from the beginning. Do this two more times and boom, that’s your three ‘plays’ of a mix for this two week period. If you only got to listen to ten minutes of it then too bad.
A new problem that started after one of the recent updates has been the player on the lock screen and control center disappearing on iOS. This requires opening the app back up to pause and skip. Sometimes if you force close the app and open back up it will solve this, but then you get to deal with the app not remembering where you were or the correct mix. Sometimes force closing the app does not fix the disappearing play controls issue though.
It seems like every fix just creates new problems, while not even adequately fixing the original problem. Ugh!
Developer Response ,
Hi there. Thanks for the detailed feedback...and we are still investigating the play position not always being remembered correctly.
Best terrible app out there.
Update: Only cause hopefully the developers will listen to us (doubtful...😡)
The worst app out right now and getting worse all the time. I can’t even listen to an entire mix if my phone rings or I get out of my car. How in the hell can you tell me I can only listen to a mix three times in a matter of a couple weeks if I never get to hear the whole thing once. I listen 20mins into a mix for the first time and God Forbid my phone rings or I get out of my car then the app tells me the mix I was just listening to is unavailable due to rights restrictions. Get THIS FIXED or somebody develop an app where my favorite DJ’s can post live mixes and radio shows that is Not MIXCLOUD!!!!!
Some of the best DJ mixes from all the best DJ’s on the planet. But I hate that my feed is full of what other people I follow listened too. I want to see what people I follow upload. Also I don’t want automatic random suggested mixes in my query. Also this not available in your region problem where mixes you were just listening too are not available in your region anymore after you stop the mix is a real pain. Not happy at all but all the best DJ mixes are all housed here.....
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for getting in touch. Really sorry that you're experiencing this issue. We will get a fix out asap.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.