Mobile devices are a mainstay in today’s businesses and usage only continues to grow. Employees have traditionally relied on mobile devices to stay connected, but this has always meant that an employee has to distribute a separate phone number to ensure that business associates or customers can reach them when they need to be reach. This also results in management of multiple voice mailboxes which decreases productivity and increases the chances of a message not being heard in a timely manner.
MLC (Multi Line Client) is a NEC proprietary SIP client that registers to your NEC voice platform (UNIVERGE SV9x00 and SV8x00) and enables your smart phone or tablet to act like your office phone. Providing a user friendly interface that NEC customers are accustom to.
Make/Receive calls from your NEC Univerge SV9x00 and SV8x00 voice system over your corporate Wi-Fi network or use a VPN connection on your iPhone or iPad devices to connect over LTE and other Wi-Fi networks.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I have been an NEC technician for 30 years. I personally believe NEC phone systems are the best on the market hands-down. However their mobile app is terrible. The interface is nice setting it up is easy but there are way too many issues. If for some reason it goes off-line for a long period of time it does not come back online it will just say port full and I have to close application and reopen. I’ve seen many voip apps that work 10 times better. NEC you have a great product line just fix the mobile app please
Poor phone app
Whether you connect the app to WiFi or cell network phone conversations between callers are choppy or underwater sounding. The same goes for retrieving the voicemails. It’s embarrassing having conversations with customers with how poor connection is. It also likes to go “offline” without you realizing it frequently. There is no option for mute or hold so there are times you have the awkward times of listening to each other breath if you have to do data entry. There is a hold button on the app, but all it does is disconnect them. I also had a decent amount of times the phone rings once or even a half a ring and then says missed call. This app will also drain phone battery real quick.
Good enough, I guess.
The app does the things you need it to do but it’s not user friendly. A couple of especially irritating things I’ve noticed:
1) If you’re on a call that ends (the other person hangs up, conference line is closed, etc) you’ll get an open line tone on your phone until you open the app up again and “put the phone back on the hook”. There needs to be a quick way to hang up.
2) If you close the app because you don’t want the line to forward to you cell (for example if you’re off work and you don’t want work call to keep coming through) you’ll get a “Log in again” notification every few minutes as long as you’re connected to WiFi.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- NEC CORPORATION OF AMERICA
- 61.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2016 NEC Corporation of America
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.