This is the Online Homework app for MLP Chinese curriculum. MLP Chinese curriculum is designed for children of Chinese immigrants who are learning Mandarin Chinese as a heritage language. The online homework component is designed to be a part of a complete curriculum set including textbook, workbooks, and vocab cards, and not as a standalone Chinese learning app.
For more information about MLP Chinese textbooks, please visit: http://www.mlpchinese.com/
马立平《中文》是针对海外华裔儿童学习中文的一套教学书，从学前班至十年级。这个 App 只是网上练习部分，并不能独立教学生中文。另外还须采购一套教材（包括课本，练习册，生字卡，等）。详情请见： http://www.mlpchinese.com/
- Kindergarten speech recognition game.
- Kindergarten hanzi game in open resources.
Ratings and Reviews
Good app! Some glitches though
This is a amazing app! Imagine using an old boring paper to do ur hw. How about using a device? Much more fun, right? and, paper is made from trees, so if you want to live, then save trees! And does this app help save trees? YES!!!
Though, one day when I was doing it, it kicked me out. And....I couldn’t log in again. I still haven’t been able to log in.
Buggy, hard to understand sometimes
This is, well questionable. I haven’t had extreme lag/crash issues, but the app has its fair share of bugs.
1: Different/quiet/unintelligible voices when announcing.
- Different voices reading some of the words
- Very quiet sometimes
- Some slurred text that you need to listen to twice
2. Ridiculous games.
Games are a fun way to practice Chinese while having some fun. I do like how not all game visuals are copy pasted, but the concepts are very if not the same throughout grades.
- Even when you get a VERY high score with no problems wrong, the game will assign you 2.5 stars. This is a very annoying mechanic, say you need 2 games with 3 stars each to progress.
- Some of the games are ridiculously hard, as sometimes with problem 1 combined with games leads to you either needing to get help or spend a long time doing so again.
3. Bugs I have encountered
- When going to home from a game, the app will show a black screen with a white background. This bug happens between versions.
- Levels not loading in when clicked on.
- Very strange character requirement mechanic, sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t.
- Video does not let me adjust time.
4. Some positives
- Good idea, I love the game concept and video concept too.
- Helps you practice your Chinese
Stop, if you want to do your homework, at least you have some fun doing it
First, you don’t have to ask a family member what a word is while reading, it says it for you. Secondly, it’s fun! Think of it this way, if you did not have this, homework would be more bland and hateful. Last, just stop complaining, all the other reviews are already outdated, and now they are actually trying to fix bugs!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Heritage Chinese Center
- 56.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Heritage Chinese Center