Mood-Log is designed to help you keep track of your emotions as they change throughout the day and from day to day. You do this by creating new Mood-Log entries, recording any emotions you are currently experiencing and other information about yourself. You can use Mood-Log as a journal to keep track of events in your life and watch for connections between your daily life and the emotions you experience. A summary page and charts show you what’s happening over time. You can send email reports from within Mood-Log and you can set reminders that will prompt you to create a Mood-Log entry at different times in the day.
• iPad support — Mood-Log now fills the screen on your iPad, which means you can see more moods and read more text. Since there’s more space, Mood-Log also displays the Mood and Factors charts in the main list view. iPad support also means you can take advantage of split-screen views, so you can use Mood-Log and another App at the same time
• Privacy Screen — Now you can protect your entries from being viewed by others. Set a 4-digit code and Mood-Log will automatically cover itself when brought to the front. Set a code by tapping the gear icon along the bottom of the main screen. You can also dismiss the Privacy Screen using Face ID or Touch ID (if available) or by typing your device’s passcode
• Text size now adjusts based on your device’s Settings (Settings->Display & Brightness->Text Size or Settings->General->Accessibility->Larger Text). Not all text is changed, but text in the list view and your journal entries adjust based on what you’ve set for your device
• Mood diagram can now be shown as either a Pie chart or a Donut chart. You can change this by tapping the gear icon along the bottom of the screen
• In the Summary screen, you can now cycle through each of the individual Factors (All, Mood, Stress, Energy, Mind, Health, Sleep). Just tap on “Factors” and then tap on “All” to begin cycling through the individual items
• Mood diagrams show in the main list view
• In the Summary Screen, “Pie” and “Bar” have been renamed to “Moods” and “Factors” to better describe what they’re displaying
• Fixed auto-layout issues on iPhone 7/8 Plus (full screen instead of popup window for charts in landscape)
• The control for adjusting timeline date ranges draws correctly now
• Automatically scroll to the end of the Summary chart when changing the date range for entries
• The version number for Mood-Log now shows in the About box
• Other bug fixes, layout improvements and little enhancements here and there
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app!
I am a psychotherapist and use this app with my teenage clients and find it to be incredibly helpful. The app generally has a great concept. It's 2017, so all my clients are on their phones constantly anyway, why not use their phone for something that increases self understanding? I like how you can adjust the amount of feelings to choose from and that there are faces paired with each emotion- it helps build understanding of that feeling within the unsocial. I have them get notifications 3x/day (morning, noon, evening). They are learning to see how moods shift throughout the day, every day, and which times are the easiest/most challenging for them. They are building so much insight and awareness and it's almost effortless!
I have a personality disorder and multiple mental and physical afflictions, I know app I’ve used before has actually led me to more insight about how i’m functioning realistically than this one. I started noticing patterns and was able to try to correct myself consciously. The only thing that gets me down about this app, it’s just the small number of emotions. So please please please please please add more emotions and feelings as options!
Just found this app and I find it extraordinarily well made and thoughtfully attuned to what the user needs. It has just the right amount of detailed options to actually get something useful out of the data the user inputs. 100% recommended.
Barry, please continue to support the app and keep up the great work on this. I’d suggest adding dark mode capability. Thanks!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Barry Langdon-Lassagne
- 20.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2019 Barry Langdon-Lassagne
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.