Easily move and resize windows
Moom allows you to easily move and zoom windows—on one display, or to another display—using either the mouse or the keyboard. Moom lets you...
• Hover over the green button and choose from five preset size/location options in a pop-up palette
• Use a grid to 'draw' a window's desired size and location
• Define custom controls to move and zoom, move to other display, center, resize, and more
• Chain custom controls together to execute complex window management tasks
• Save window layouts to easily recreate a desired window arrangement at any time
• Automatically activate saved window layouts on changes in monitor layout, as in when you disconnect from your work display and then open your laptop at home
• Use keyboard mode to do all of this, and more, without ever touching a mouse
Once you've tried Mooming your windows, you'll never go back to simply moving and zooming them again.
• Fixed an issue when using a third-party screen drawing app with Moom.
• Fixed an issue related to triggering the mouse grid via the keyboard.
• Fixed an issue related to a briefly-flashing Moom logo when using keyboard mode on some Macs.
• Improved compatibility with the latest 14" and 16" MacBook Pros.
Ratings and Reviews
The best window app on the macOS market
I’m a software junkie, an addict, always llong for my next fix of software, even if it is a big upgrade. First thing every morning I launch the App Store app to see what is new or has bveen upgraded. I purchase software i don’t need just becasue it looks good or it has a nice GUI, maybe the developor is a great developer and rarely releases anything not of value. Anyway, I spend most of my day using and trying software.
Peter Maurer happens to be one of those excellent developers he has developed some of the best utlitites for the Mac for many years. Moom happens to be one of those great applications that save a tremendous amount of time. I’ve tried many other window manipulating app’s and always end up back using Moom. It is simple to use but can be configured to be powerful for the pro user. It does most everything most everything every other window manipulating app does and more.
**I highly recommend trying it. He has a free trial on his website. You won’t be sorry!**
One of my Favorite Utilities - Mojave Update
The app is still great. It even works with remote desktops (outside the desktop on the entire session) and remote apps (on the whole app via keystroke only) such as VMware Horizon and Microsoft RDP clients. The only area where I wish it could perform magic is if the app could detect whether I'm in a remote session client app (like Mac's Screen Sharing) and then ignore the keystrokes and pass them through to Moom in the remote Mac OS session. For now I just use the mouse-over on the window's green button in the remote mac sessions. 😊
Still one of my all time favorite utilities. For Mojave, it still works with keystrokes and such, but I no longer get the pop-over when mousing over the green window maximize button.
UPDATE: This was fixed and the app has worked rock solidly for years.
Sierra/High Sierra Review
Definitely one of my favorite Mac utility apps. It makes screen snapping extremelly easy and quick. I love that I can use both keyboard shortcuts and mouseover/mouse movements with this app - especially when I’m on my MacBook vs. iMac or differently when my MacBook is docked with an external screen and keyboard vs. traveling.
My only complaint is the manual change for the hotkeys needed between use modes (docked/traveling) on my MacBook. I prefer using the number pad on my larger keyboard when docked where the MBP built-in keyboard of course doesn’t have that.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. Regarding the pop-up, it isn't a Moom issue, but something related to Mojave's new permissions system. This article in our FAQ has two suggested fixes; the more complex has worked for everyone who has tried it: https://manytricks.com/osticket/kb/faq.php?id=112 ... as for the keyboard issue, I'm not sure how we'd resolve that. Guessing which keyboard you'd want to use would be difficult and prone to error. -rob.
i’ve been waiting for this app for years
i put this in my “to evaluate” list years ago, after hearing about it on a podcast
- but, because i’m a huge procrastinator, didnt try in until a few days ago
i have waisted *so much* time of my life worrying about sizing windows “just right” to fit my eccentric work habits
- my experience told me that no app could *ever* get close to satisfying my obsessive, OCD-like need for pixel-perfect alignment
i’m here to tell you that MooM (i like that spelling) fits my need perfectly, and i’m using only a fraction of its capabilities
if you are meticulous about your window-based working environment, no matter how idiosyncratic, MooM is the app for you
- hurry, give these fine people the pittance they’re asking for the app (or try the demo first, you’ll pay)
i wish i had evaluated this app a long, long time ago
folks, this app represents everything that Mac development is all about:
- great attention to detail
- clean interface
- powerful, yet easy to use
working on my Mac has become even more enjoyable, something i though could not be possible
i dont write eloquent reviews like this one often
- it gives me great joy to pen (type) this one
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Many Tricks
- 5.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011–2022 Many Tricks
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.