• Updated to work properly with an upcoming macOS release.
• Resolved an issue that could cause windows to not move or zoom properly after using VoiceOver or Text to Speech.
• Resolved issues with Opera's green button and Moom's pop-up palette.
• Fixed a bug that caused Moom's pop-up palette to appear on full-screen windows.
• Resolved an issue related to Dark Mode and Moom's menu labels.
Ratings and Reviews
The best window app on the macOS market
I’m a software junkie, an addict, always llong for my next fix of software, even if it is a big upgrade. First thing every morning I launch the App Store app to see what is new or has bveen upgraded. I purchase software i don’t need just becasue it looks good or it has a nice GUI, maybe the developor is a great developer and rarely releases anything not of value. Anyway, I spend most of my day using and trying software.
Peter Maurer happens to be one of those excellent developers he has developed some of the best utlitites for the Mac for many years. Moom happens to be one of those great applications that save a tremendous amount of time. I’ve tried many other window manipulating app’s and always end up back using Moom. It is simple to use but can be configured to be powerful for the pro user. It does most everything most everything every other window manipulating app does and more.
**I highly recommend trying it. He has a free trial on his website. You won’t be sorry!**
i’ve been waiting for this app for years
i put this in my “to evaluate” list years ago, after hearing about it on a podcast
- but, because i’m a huge procrastinator, didnt try in until a few days ago
i have waisted *so much* time of my life worrying about sizing windows “just right” to fit my eccentric work habits
- my experience told me that no app could *ever* get close to satisfying my obsessive, OCD-like need for pixel-perfect alignment
i’m here to tell you that MooM (i like that spelling) fits my need perfectly, and i’m using only a fraction of its capabilities
if you are meticulous about your window-based working environment, no matter how idiosyncratic, MooM is the app for you
- hurry, give these fine people the pittance they’re asking for the app (or try the demo first, you’ll pay)
i wish i had evaluated this app a long, long time ago
folks, this app represents everything that Mac development is all about:
- great attention to detail
- clean interface
- powerful, yet easy to use
working on my Mac has become even more enjoyable, something i though could not be possible
i dont write eloquent reviews like this one often
- it gives me great joy to pen (type) this one
Just One Issue for Otherwise Great Utility
One area where macOS falls behind Windows is the type window management that Moom provides: half screen snapping to the left side, right side, top, or bottom of the display; quarter display size windows; centered windows; etc. The one issue I have with Moom is that it is a standalone background application that needs to be invoked to use its functionality instead of a bundle for System Preferences.
If Moom were a fifth category bundle, “Other”, it would appear with other third-party system preferences. Instead of a set-and-forget model where I can configure ⌥🠔 and ⌥🠖 as shortcuts that function in macOS as Win 🠔 and Win 🠖 does in Windows, respectively, I have to first hit a hot key to invoke Moom, and then, use the assigned keyboard shortcut.
Other than that misstep, Moom provides window management that macOS does not.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.