Control one or multiple MoviePro cameras from a single remote app running on iOS device.
Connect wirelessly to MoviePro app running on another iOS device through this app. Control MoviePro camera running on another iOS device with live preview of view finder.
Get full control of MoviePro app from this remote control. Recording live events, recording from devices placed in car mounts, possibilities are endless.
- Connect to MoviePro app running on another iOS device with a tap (make sure that 'Remote' setting in MoviePro app is ON),
- Trigger Record/Pause/Resume/Stop,
- Adjust reticles, lock focus/exposure,
- Manual focus, exposure, WB controls,
- Zoom controls,
- Change settings of MoviePro camera app,
- Switch presets
- Switch lens on devices having multiple lens,
- Live streaming of preview,
- Live image statistics [(iPhone 6s/iPad Pro or later)],
- Focus/Exposure aids -- Focus peaking, Zebras, False Colors, Clipping [iPhone 6s/iPad Pro or later]
- Bug fix for crash when accessing instructions on pre iOS 13.2 versions
Ratings and Reviews
This app would be marvelous if only it worked. Unfortunately this is not the case as the app works only when it wants to and there is no telling when.
My set ups were as follows:
1. iPhone 12 Pro Max loaded with Movie Pro and iPhone 5s loaded with MPRemote. It worked with one or two features disabled. Lag was significant but still acceptable.
2. iPhone 12 Pro Max with Movie Pro and iPhone 12 with MPRemote. Everything worked fine until it stopped working apparently for no reason. After reloading, the apps worked minus manual color correction. The next day they worked fine again until they quit again.
3. iPhone 12 Pro Max with movie Pro and iPhone 6 with MPRemote. This didn’t even start working. We reloaded everything, uninstalled and installed everything again, but to no avail.
In conclusion, the best set up turned out to be two iPhones 12, which is an expensive proposition, but even then a smooth continuous operation cannot be assured. That is really unfortunate because Movie Pro is - at least theoretically - a better app than it’s competition Filmic Pro.
Not live but over 30 second delay
Really disappointing. Touching the reticles seem to have no effect so I can’t control what is in focus and the feed is not live. I’ve found it to be delayed by as much as a minute so it’s not helpful at all. I just saw that an update is coming soon I really hope so, otherwise I’ll bite the bullet and pay for Filmic Pro.
Developer Response ,
This problem has been fixed in latest versions of MoviePro app and remote. Please update and let us know if it works.
Blown away by iPhone system messages
When IOS displays a system message on the iPhone running the matching camera app, such as a 20% battery warning, this remote app fails. If any other IOS or iPadOS device running this app connects to a network where this app is already being used, that first remote control session is blown away and the camera app it was controlling may crash. The design is simply awful.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Deepak Sharma
- 30.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Deepak Sharma
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.