Note: This free version is supported by ads. To remove advertisements, use the in-app purchase to upgrade or buy the paid version, Music Tutor Plus from the App Store.
Learn to read sheet music and improve your sight-reading skills with Music Tutor. Develop your speed and accuracy in reading sheet music by identifying music notes in timed sessions. Choose to practice with notes in treble, bass and alto clefs in timed or untimed sessions. After each test, you can review your mistakes and see your progress.
Other features of Music Tutor include:
• Custom Practice Range - Set your own range of notes that you want to practice with.
• Supports notes up to 4 ledger lines above or below the staff on any of the clefs.
• Notes Reference Charts - For Treble, Bass and Alto clefs.
• MIDI Support - Connect your keyboard or digital piano using Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and respond directly from your instrument.
• Companion Apple Watch app using which you can practice recognising music notes on the go.
• Supports App Clips and Advanced App Clip Experiences - a way to quickly access and experience a practice session with Music Tutor without having to install the complete app. For Advanced App Clip Experiences, an App Clip invocation URL can be configured using the documentation available at https://musictutorapp.com/appclip.
Minor performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, wish it had better progress
Love this app. Truly great practice. I only wish the statistics showed more of what you accomplished. For instance, I started with C3-E3 and practiced until I got:
- three scores of 43 points minimum @ 100% using the piano keys (natural)
- two scores of the same using the note names (natural)
- two more of the same with note names (sharps/flats)
- three more of the same using piano keys (sharps/flats)
This was good for my daily practice
Then I added another note (F3) and did the same thing the next day. By the time I was at A4 I raised my minimum score to 50 points, and I was “leveling up” about twice a day from then on.
I wish this app would show that sort of progress. All it shows is a confusing graph with too many data points. I have no idea what I did on any particular day based on the stats. It would be nice if this allowed me to see that as well as awarding me accomplishments when I master a new note in all variants.
Thank you for the hard work you did on this app. Even without listening to my suggestion this app is still extremely useful.
Amazing way to learn notes for starters and advanced
This is an amazing app for kids and adults who would like to learn notes. In options you can always change how far your note range is and what clefs you would like. I also like that you don’t have to do treble bass and alto clefs at different times you could choose to do some at the same time. A great thing that they added sound light effects and flats and sharps. For example you could choose not to have sound but if you do it makes the sound of the note and flashes green quickly if you get it right. If you press it incorrect it will flash red quickly and make sort of an errrrr sound. You could also have the choice of flats and sharps if you would like to. Another major thing is that you get scored by accuracy, points, and how many notes you got correct and a chart of your points for that round. When you finish a round and you get something incorrect it will show you a view mistakes button so you could see what you did wrong and get the right answer next time. The last thing is that you could choose fore how long you would like to practice, you would get a choice of one minute, five minutes, ten minutes or infinity. This app for practice is great. Enjoy!
Set aside time for this.
I’ve never found a more fun way to improve sight reading. If you aspire to learn music and improve your sight reading, something I was horrible at, this app, which will become a game later, will help you so much! I said it will become a game later because you will tend to feel you need to challenge your last score to see how to beat your self the last time. Mistakes you make will make you crack a smile because you will know you shouldnt have made that mistake cuz you knew better. After playing this for some time, I decided to write a review, something I dont do, because I saw how much this helped me more than anything I’ve every tried before, and I know it can help you too. Thanks to the developers, I cant thank you enough for this. Music lessons are expensive, but it seems you know well the struggle of learning and money it takes to learn. You have my eternal thanks!!!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- JSplash Apps
- 14.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2021 JSplash Studios Pvt. Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Music Tutor Plus Upgrade $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.