Mussila Music 4+
Learn, play and create
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Mussila is an award-winning music learning app for children. It allows kids to explore the world of music on their own and gives them the opportunity to gain knowledge without continuous external help.
The app provides hours of musical lessons, games, and challenges, carefully crafted by musical experts and educators, designed to provide a joyful experience. Mussila is perfect for beginners.
“Magically, kids intuitively pick up on the basic principles associated with music and have a blast doing so!” With the Mussila subscription, your child will gain a solid musical foundation that lasts a lifetime.
How the app works: You can choose between four learning paths; Learn, Play, Create & Practice.
The Learning Path:
- Progress through the fundamentals of music theory like learning to identify notes, tempos, and how to read sheet music.
- Develop a sense of rhythm and timing through games with recognizable songs.
- Identify different instruments by sound through games like “Memory” and more.
The Play Path:
- Learn to play the piano! You can do so on your mobile device or use a keyboard at home through the app if you have one.
- Play along to familiar songs like Happy Birthday, Mary Had a Little Lamb, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Row, Row, Row Your Boat, and more!
- Graduate to more advanced pieces from Swan Lake and The Magic Flute and eventually tackle the masters like Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart.
Regardless of where your child is on the Mussila learning path, you can practice and play along with them. No music experience is necessary!
The Create Path:
- Music Machine allows children to explore different sounds and colors and create their own songs.
- Mussila DJ encourages the player to create their own musical soundscape and remix existing songs.
- Mussila Planets, it’s an arcade game on its own where kids can follow the rhythm of songs and practice their ear for music.
The Practice Path:
- This path is good for teachers and parents if they want to concentrate on one subject in the learning. Here you'll be able to focus on: instruments, rhythm, or melody.
For optimal user experience, we recommend using headphones when playing the game or turning your speaker volume up.
**Awards & Recognitions:**
-Certified Education Quality by Education Alliance Finland
-Winner of the Mom's Choice Award 2021
-Top Ten EdTech Startup in Europe in 2020 by Education Technology Insight
-Winner of the Academic Choice Award 2020
-Winner of the Nordic EdTech Awards 2019
-Winner of the Parents´Choice Award 2019
-Winner of the German Pedagogical Media Award 2018
-Creative Business Cup - Global Finalist 2018
-Best app for kids 2020- Educational App Store
-Best app for parents 2019- Educational App Store
-Best App for teachers 2019 - Educational App Store
Mussila offers three types of subscriptions:
- Monthly Premium Subscription
- Mussila Premium Trimonthly Subscription
- Mussila Premium Yearly Subscription
7-day free trial! All recurring subscriptions will auto-renew unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
Mussila also offers a classroom solution for teachers, both for schools or remote learning. For school inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Have questions, feedback, or suggestions? Reach out to us at email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mussila.apps
Music improves brain power, and it shows! Our team has worked hard to improve the overall user experience and fix bugs. With this update, you can expect a smooth experience free of glitches.
Ratings and Reviews
Unable to sign up or sign in
Hi there, I have purchased the app a few months ago and my kid has been enjoying the game. I bought a new ipad few days ago and tried to have my kid play the game on the new ipad, but i am not able to create an account and there was no way to retrieve my account either, meaning if we would have to start from beginning on the new ipad, and this is very frustrating,.Can you please take a look at this issue and get back to me ASAP? I am not able to sumbit a question on the website either:( please help! Thanks! Daisy
Developer Response ,
We are so sorry to hear that! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can solve your problem!
The Mussila Team
This is an incomplete app
Don’t waste your money on it. There are totally three levels. On level 1, it teaches you note “C”, and after the kid passes a test, you will be promoted to level 2, where you can learn note D and E. When you go to level 3, where you can learn notes G and F, it finished! No more levels. The worst part is that, it won’t tell you this is the end of the content. My 5 year old son kept attempting the final test again and again to be promoted to the next level, and it never shown “ this is the end of the game”. My son was frustrated and cried a lot as he thought he failed the test again. When I contacted the producer to changed my one year subscription to one month subscription, as there is not enough content for one year to learn. they rudely refused and said it’s their policy that no customer is allowed to change the subscription after 7 days.
Developer Response ,
We are so sorry if our responses came across as rude to you, it was not our intention. However, our policy is briefly described in the description of our app on iTunes and you can read more about it in our Terms and Conditions. The content that your child successfully completed is only 1/4 of our content while there are also three more paths beside the Learn path. Also, we add content to Mussila every month! We are once again sorry for the inconvenience that you had with our app and we appreciate every comment since it helps us to improve our app.
The Mussila Team
Music teacher approval
As a music teacher, I’m always looking for good educational music apps to supplement curriculum. I’m not sure how I would fit this into a classroom, but I tried it out at home with my own second grader and it was a big hit!
Pros: instruments sound like they should (unlike other apps I’ve tried where they sound very synthesized)
Ear training component is wonderful. Both rhythm reading and note reading.
The rhythms are complex right away, but easily identified. My son had to really listen to pick which rhythm was being played, but it wasn’t so hard he was frustrated.
Simple enough for young kids to use (probably pre-k+).
Engaging and cute. The format is simple and the layout was intuitive.
Cons: only one kid can play at a time!
There is not the ability for multiple user accounts.
Overall, a great little music theory app! Thank you!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rosamosi ehf.
- 356.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © Mussila ehf
- In-App Purchases
- Subscripción Full Pack $7.99
- Mussila 1-Year Subscription $47.99
- Mussila 3-Months Subscription $19.99
- Mussila Premium Offer $7.99
- BuddyPhones Mussila Premium $7.99
- Monthly Subscription Offer $7.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.