MWeb is a professional Markdown writing, note taking, and static blog generator app for Mac, iPad, and iPhone. Here are some special features of MWeb.
## The software
* Made with supporting native technologies in mind. It is always a perfect integration with the platform.
* Aiming for modern UI and high performance, also being powerful, easy-to-use, and fully-featured.
### The powerful syntax
* Use the Github Flavored Markdown (GFM) by default.
* Included with the support of creating tables, TOCs, LaTeX math, fenced code blocks, task lists, footnotes, and many more.
* Easily generate graphics with any of mermaid, Graphviz, ECharts, PlantUML, js-sequence-diagrams, and flowchart.js.
### Editing assistant
* Gracefully handle image insertion: direct copy and paste, drag and drop, and full-colored preview in the editor.
* Specify the image size in Markdown-compatible syntax.
* Inserting tables and LaTeX equations with ease.
### Note taking
* Store and manage all documents in a tree-like categoring library with a tagging system. Categories can be gracefully exported or turned into static websites.
* Put quick notes.
* Instantly search from the entire library.
* Exporting contents as various formats, including HTML, EPUB, PDF, RTF, Docx, and even image.
* Publishing the articles to Wordrpess, Metaweblog API, Wordpress.com, Evernote, Blogger, Medium, Ghost, and Tumblr.
* Smooth support for image upload services: using Imgur, Qiniu, Upyun, or your custom API.
### External documentation
* There is an external mode in MWeb that enables importing existing markdown files in directories. It also handles contents from Gitbook, JekyII and Hexo.
## MWeb official website:
For more about MWeb, please check the MWeb official website: https://www.mweb.im introduction video; it will show you how to use MWeb. We also suggest that you check the MWeb official help document: https://www.mweb.im/help.html
* Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
As a writer, I'm always looking for great apps that can both allow me to write and organize. I do use Scrivener, Highland, both very solid. What makes MWeb very helpful is the clarity factor. I wouldn't say that any app is perfect, instead, there is a good app for a particular phase in writing. MWeb has helped me with the first phase, to gather ideas and make sure I can quickly both outline and write. Scrivener does the same, but I'd use that for a later stage because of it's heavyweight. Compliments to the MWeb team, I look forward to seeing how this app develops in the future.
updated review: I saw the update fixed the problem.
It forced me to choose a library location. I set a folder in dropbox folder. But it does not work.
To migrate from MWeb2, it asked to open MWeb 2 library in Finder and drag to here. But MWeb 2 has multiple subfolders at library location. It is not clear to drag which folder to here.
MWeb 3 has the same app name and logo as MWeb 2. I even got confused which one to delete.
Great for my needs
I have an online store. So I need to write product descriptions. MWeb makes it easy for me produce CLEAN html. Clean is definitive here - I've tried plenty of other editors that produce formatting that plays badly on our site. MWeb gets the job done. And I like the fact that I can catalog all my stored edits right inside the program. Plus with iCloud sync all my files are accessible on all my Macs. MWeb is simple, clean, and produces great looking output. It checks all the boxes for my needs.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.