My Aurora Forecast Pro is the best app for seeing the Northern Lights. Built with a sleek dark design, it appeals to both tourists and serious aurora watchers by telling you what you want to know - whether that is exactly how likely you are to see the aurora borealis or details about the solar winds and high-resolution sun imagery. With this app, you'll be seeing the Northern Lights in no time.
- Find the current KP index and how likely you are to see the Northern Lights.
- View a list of the best locations to view from right now.
- Map showing how strong the aurora is around the world, based on the SWPC ovation auroral forecast.
- Push notifications when auroral activity is expected to be high.
- Forecasts for the next hour, several hours and several weeks so you can plan your Northern Lights viewing long in advance (subject to weather conditions).
- Solar wind statistics and sun imagery.
- View live aurora webcams from around the world.
- Tour information so if you're considering to go to locations such as Iceland, Sweden, Finland or even Alaska or Canada, you'll be able to find tours that we can recommend to you.
- Support for the latest iPhone and iPad models.
- Pro version is ad-free and includes Apple Watch support!
If you want the latest updates on geomagnetic activity and enjoy viewing the aurora borealis, this app is right for you. It is similar to other apps such as Aurora Forecast., SpaceWeatherLive and hello aurora.
Ratings and Reviews
This really works!
I was in Iceland, hoping to see aurora’s, but it was very overcast, and I was bummed after a week that I would never see anything.
I found this app, and activated the alert system. I got an alarm, saying the odds were good, and I drove to the place they recommended. I saw one nearly instantly. I love this app, it saved my bucket list trip!!
The next day, I used the cloud cover part of the app and waited for the KP numbers to peak, and I drove somewhere near me, guided by the app’s cloud cover map. I got to see one again before I left!
More info please
Our friend downloaded this app on her phone when we vacationed in Norway. It seemed pretty accurate in alerting when we could see the northern lights. I have heard people say the northern lights have been seen in Montana & Wyoming, so I bought the app. No luck in these parts so far. However, I like checking the app frequently. While much of the info on the app is self explanatory, there are some color codes or items I would like explained as to their indication. I may find I have been assuming wrongly all this time. Also, some of the fonts are very small, unable to allow zooming-in and I can only read them by looking through a magnifying glass. 🌌Still hoping for an alert telling me I can see them in my part of the world 😊
Fun to use
This is a great app! You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure this app out. Everything is is very intuitive. The Pro version is nice. It only costs a one time cost of a couple of bucks and you can share the app with one other user. One you understand the legends (every section has explanations) the graphs make sense. After using the app a few times, I had every thing down pat. Plus…… NO ADS!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- JRustonApps B.V.
- 46 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.1 or later.
English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 jRustonApps B.V.
- In-App Purchases
- Buy us a coffee $0.99