Your alarm goes off and you have a momentous decision to make – get up, or stay in bed? It’s your first big choice but far from your last.
"My Day off Work" is a 240,000 word interactive fantasy novel by Andrew J. Schaefer, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
You’ll have 24 hours to explore your world and the myriad treasures within it. Every decision opens new doors and closes others; every choice you make takes you to a new fork in the path. You might meet new friends, explore hidden rooms, or discover secret treasures. You could find yourself fighting a relentless killing machine, joyriding in a luxury sports car, or relaxing in a sleek lounge with the city’s movers and shakers while soothing the baby you’ve just agreed to watch.
No two games are any more similar than you want them to be. Compelling plotlines and funny asides keep things relentlessly entertaining. You might even learn a few things, but only if you want to.
It’s all your choice. Is that a light at the end of the tunnel? And is it the sun? Or an oncoming train?
• Enjoy your surprise day off work.
• Tackle tough choices like whether to get dressed, what to eat, and when to leave the house.
• Explore the myriad paths a bustling city has to offer.
• Look for hidden options, secret choices, and unexpected twists.
• Experience a different story every time, from tragic to provocative to hilarious.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Added support for iPhone X. If you enjoy playing "My Day off Work," please leave a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
Really totally free, unless you count the ads. Fun, very fun. While many choices don't go anywhere, many go interesting places indeed. The writing is excellent, the pop culture references are delightful and you can find true love. Or the Terminator. Up to you. Update: I've been playing steadily for a month now. Still can't find the gun and I've never won the $10,000, though I lost it once (sold my bag for $10). I'd swear that I used to hear the results of my CPR rescue, but not anymore. Terrific game, nevertheless. Edit: FINALLY, after MONTHS, won the $10k! Couldn’t have been more anticlimactic. Don’t bother trying, but otherwise still a swell game.
So I only played about 5 options until deciding to jump from a window so basically it’s a real life simulator. 10/10 would play again.
Love it! But...
I don't know if it's my phone or the app but every time I try to buy the full game (without ads or waiting time) the loading sign pops up and just never goes away. It's a very fun game though so I just delete the app and redownload when I want to play again instead of waiting.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Hosted Games LLC
- 52.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017 Andrew J. Schaefer
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Advertising $3.99
- Restart the Game Once $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.