Created by clinical and cultural experts, the My SSP app helps international and domestic students succeed by providing access to Morneau Shepell’s Student Support Program (SSP). Students can access the program anytime, anywhere, 24/7, to connect with a Student Support Advisor who speaks their language, understands their culture, and can work with them to succeed while studying abroad or at home.
• Is free to download and available worldwide in six languages (English, French, Korean, Chinese, Arabic and Spanish).
• Features immediate, confidential and culturally relevant support in various languages for any of life’s challenges.
• Lets students call or chat with a Student Support Advisor 24/7.
• Has interesting articles and videos on a range of health topics, produced specifically for busy students.
Introducing a brand new Explore experience! Explore My SSP's wellness resources and tips with enhanced navigation, advanced search, recommended reading, and much more!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very easy and content is helpful
Initial profile set up is very clear, and once in I am able to navigate content very easily. I appreciate the various articles on so many wellbeing topics dealt with by students. It’s so easy to initiate a call and chat too! No searching- it’s right there on every screen.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to review our app. We’re happy to find you’re enjoying the app and our articles!
Work in Progress
The psychologists involved are really good, but there’s a lot of software glitches that become barriers to support. I like the articles though, and I like that the counselors are NOT specifically trained to weed out clients that aren’t “sick enough”
1) When you click to start a call/chat, you wait for awhile (5min) to talk to a person who is THEN supposed to connect you to a counselor (if you’re waiting anyways SSP should directly assign you to a counselor after you click the right button)
2) The chat interface is very slow and the time stamps for each message takes up too much page space. I would like to see “read recipts” and “typing worms”
3) Sometimes getting a phone call is worse than text and it was difficult to get a phone call from SSP at a delicate time at home when I needed to keep it to texting
Developer Response ,
Hi jellyfishqween! We appreciate your feedback as we’re always looking for ways to improve your experience. We released an update to address issues related to unstable connections. We also added new wellness resources and tips that you might find helpful. Please update to the latest My SSP and give us another try! If you would like to provide more detailed information with us, please contact us at email@example.com
I find this app incredibly easy to navigate and above all helpful.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.