The my Sun Life mobile app gives you fast, easy and secure access to your:
• group benefits,
• personal life and health insurance,
• group registered retirement savings plans (RRSPs),
• individual or group savings plans,
• insurance claims and e-claims,
• retirement plan, and
You can use the app anytime to:
• submit medical and dental claims,
• find a health-care provider,
• manage your retirement savings, group RRSP or group savings plan, and personal investment, and view your insurance products, on the go.
Your health (medical and dental benefits)*
Whether you have benefits through a personal plan or through an employer, you can use the app to:
• find the benefits, insurance and health information that matters most to you,
• submit medical and dental claims** and easily check their status,
• find out what your medical plan covers,
• send some documents by snapping a photo, attaching receipts or other supporting documents,
• have your coverage cards handy wherever you go,
• check your Health Spending Account (HSA) and Personal Spending Account (PSA) balances,
• view details of most of your personal insurance policies,
• view documents related to some personal investments and insurance products,
• get updates about your claim status changes with push notifications, and
• link your Sun Life account with Alexa.
*If applicable to your benefits plan.
** Most claims are paid within 48 hours if direct deposit is set up.
Your money (savings, retirement and insurance)
The app also lets you easily manage your investments like your group savings plan, group RRSP, personal mutual fund and segregated fund products.
Use the app to:
• check your balances,
• view your investment transaction history,
• see how your workplace investment plans are performing over time,
• contribute to your RRSP or savings plans,
• send us a photo of forms we may need, and
• view documents related to some personal and workplace investments, and insurance products
• direct health claim payments to selected savings products.*
(*This is only available to eligible plan members.)
Additional health-care benefits
Take advantage of extra health-care tools offered on the app. You can:
• find out which health-care professionals offer virtual services,
• use the Lumino provider search to search for health-care providers in your area (e.g. psychologists, dentists, chiropractors) and book appointments with them,
• book online appointments with some paramedical providers,
• use the Drug lookup tool to find information on medications,
• get tips on how to save money on your next medical or dental claim, and
• look for discounts and special offers on mental-health resources, eyewear, fitness and more.
Get updates and support from Sun Life
The app also lets you:
• receive push notifications about your claim status and important information about your account,
• see notifications for product and service updates, special offers and helpful reminders,
• quickly reach us so we can help answer your questions,
• call us from within the app – we’ll have your plan, policy or contract details ready to go, and
• easily connect with your advisor or find an advisor near you.
• View your banking information linked to selected insurance plans.
You’ll need a valid sign-in ID and password to use the app. Register from the app or at mysunlife.ca. For more information, visit sunlife.ca/mobile.
Note: Data charges may apply when using this app.
Can’t use the app? You can still view your account by signing in to mysunlife.ca,or contacting us at 1-877-SUN-LIFE (1-877-786-5433).
Any use of this application is subject to the terms of the End User License Agreement available on mysunlife.ca/mobilelicence.
Filter providers by services, amenities, the clientele they serve and more
Ratings and Reviews
Would have been 5 stars if price charged was price quoted
Was told exam was $90. Billed $110 when eye drops were put in so I didn’t see the extra charge.
Sales guy was five stars. Super friendly, made great recommendations for frames.
Not able to submit prescription & duplicate claim numbers & only jpeg accepted
The app causes claim delays and erroneous amounts on the claim summaries by not allowing relevant documents to be submitted with the claim submission. For example, can not submit prescription for massage claim. This results in 2 or more different claim numbers created for the same claim causing confusion trying to reconcile claims when a secondary insurance plan is being used and especially justifying claims with CRA. I’ve had seven (7) different claim numbers for the same claim and this occurred for all of my claims over 2 year period causing extreme confusion! The medical claim summaries are wrong as they count the claimed amount for each submission The app does not accept pdf causing delays having to print out a document (ie a massage script) to take a picture of it in order to submit the jpeg
Claims settlements clunky and frustrating
The app states don’t upload documents (like a prescription) unless asked and then it’s submitted. But every single time, the claim is rejected because you’re asked to submit a prescription online in the app AFTER having submitted your claim. And why does one have to resubmit copies of prescriptions for the same medical service treatment type each time? Why can’t we save copies of prescriptions on our online file so SunLife can access them instead of having to submit them every. single. time! Frustrating.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada
- 86.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada. All rights reserved.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.