The myON app provides access to digital books from myON reader, a personalized, online literacy program that matches student’s interests and their reading level to a recommended book list. With over 5500 enhanced digital books with reading supports, students have access to all types of books and topics that will entice them to continue reading. Using the app, students can link their account to their school, and then read any book even when the Internet isn’t available.
Hear what students from across the country are saying:
· John in Florida, “I get to choose what I want to read.”
· Emilia in Illinois, “There are a lot of books for any age. You get to read as many books as you like because they keep adding books to your account.”
· Sally in South Carolina, “I like to read on myON reader because it’s fun.”
· Sam in Indiana, “When I forget my library book, I can still get books from myON reader.”
Hear what teachers and parents are saying about myON reader:
· Teacher Mr. Newhouse, “This student is just one of many 6th graders at our school that have been sucked into myON after being reluctant. I have been amazed at how even the noisiest 6th grade classroom becomes silent and focused when myON is brought into play.”
· Teacher Ms. Carnes: “myON makes kids want to read. Even my reluctant readers are excited to go onto MyON to read because they can all have access to the same text and can share it with their friends. Even if they can't read it for themselves, the system will read it for them and the students can then discuss the book together.”
· Parent in Indiana: As a parent of a child doing the myON Reading program, I have to say I LOVE this program. Paige's Lexile score has now doubled in the very short time she has been reading with this program. Her fluency has improved so much, which helps her better understand what she is reading. She has read over 80 books in the last couple of months. Her test scores in Reading have gotten so much better. We had considered getting her a tutor for Reading, because she could read, but not really comprehend what she was reading, when she was done. She now has an A in Reading with NO tutor.
· Parent in Florida: My child recognizes more and more words by reading with myON. She is only in Kindergarten but now reads books way above her level. We also like that there are so many books to choose from.
· Students have their unique login and password to access over 3000 enhanced digital books
· Students can download up to 20 books to read off line
· If your child is a student at a school that has subscribed to myON, they can access the entire book collection. No subscription at school? No problem... the myON app let’s you access a free book!
· The collection has expanded to over 5,000 books available with audio
· Additional publisher packages are available when the school has licensed more books
· Students can use a PIN instead of a password to register their account
· Activity data is collected properly from students outside of the US
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
-Fix book downloading from browser bug.
Ratings and Reviews
This app needs HELP!!!!
I have been very happy with this app. Kids are able to find books once familiarize with the features differ from the website form. The sign in was bit tricky and logs out every time you leave the app no matter your internet connectivity. That makes it bit of a struggle when your not already connected to a wifi. The books are downloaded thru internet connectivity but if your off internet you will not be able to log in to access your downloaded books. That's is a very annoying app issue. Other apps like kindle offer book downloads and the app keeps you logged in on or off the internet. Having to have wifi on and connected to Internet just to sign into your account to access your already downloaded books is what MYON needs to fix.
Dear people reading this, This app is pretty good. I’m not sure why everyone rates it one star, even one person said there is only one book, who is a idiot because ofc, you need to download more. I use this for school, the books are decent. My only complaint is that maybe the design should be more creative, and that sometimes the pages flip backwards which is really frustrating and hard for me because then your hand should always be in the right position. I think that part should be more flexible. Oh, and it’s very personalize-able. There are books for many ages, only if you sign in, bc this seems like a app for school only. Ofc, you can also use it alone, but I’m not sure how you would sign in. This app is pretty good, free, and a decent, not too fancy app for your kids. 〜 Reasonably, A 10 year old
There is a bug that kicks me out a lot. It’s really annoying. There’s room for improvement.
Good but can be better
This app is great for quiet time with my kids. They love reading the books but they have to log in EVERY TIME! This is a problem for 2 reasons, first you have to log in even if you exit the app for 1 minuet. Second because you hear “log me in mommy” every 5 seconds! Over all the app is good
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Capstone Digital, LLC
- 89.2 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 myON, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.