Remote control PowerPoint presentations on your computer.
Features include slide browser, display of current slide, notes, and preview of next slides.
Extended features (marker and timer) available via In App purchase.
MyPoint PowerPoint Remote improves the slideshow for both the presenter and the audience in many ways:
- No need for the presenter to turn around and break eye contact with the audience, a quick glance at the iPhone / iPod /iPad is sufficient to see the content of the current slide.
- The presenter doesn't need a mouse or keyboard to transition to the next slide.
- Important comments or notes on a slide won't be forgotten - the notes for the actual slide are visible to the presenter.
- The presenter can take a look at the preview of the next slides and knows already what comes next before the slide is shown.
- Requests from the audience to go back to a certain slide can be fulfilled in an instant. The presenter can flip through the slides and pick the one that is requested.
* Slide navigation: back / next / goto slide via slide browser
* Display on iPhone: Current slide, notes, preview of next 3 slides
* Network connection: Wifi, auto-detection via Bonjour
* Slideshows: Supports slideshows with notes, animations, and different screen ratio's (e.g. widescreen)
Extended features (available via In App purchase):
* Use it as a pointer for the current slide. A laser pointer is not needed any more
* Annotate or mark the slide with the pen in different colors
* Progress bar, elapsed and remaining time let's you keep track of your time.
* Set duration per slide/presentation or use the timings stored in your PowerPoint presentation
* Can use the slide timings recorded via the PowerPoint rehearsal function
You also need to install a small application on your computer, which can be downloaded at: http://didonai.com/download.html
* PowerPoint 2003, 2007, and 2010 on Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, and 2003
* PowerPoint 2004, 2008, and 2011 on OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9
For more details see http://didonai.com/products.html
iOS device and computer have to be connected to the same WiFi network.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Support for iOS 8
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Pass on this app.
The app will NOT allow to start a video in a slide by tapping, it has to launch automatically, leaving you without any control over it. Try pausing-good luck with that, not possible.
Swipe to advance? NO! Must tap on an icon, which is awkward at best when you’re trying to look at your audience.
Your slide notes? The app select which part of notes it will display, not necessarily all of them.
Have to check whether I paid for the app, would like my money back.
I gave this a try with only partial success. You need to download the connect app for your mac from the developers website in order for the iPhone app to work. However you receive warnings that the app cannot be verified- so, you have to override the security settings to allow the install. Once I did that, launching the app on my MacBook didn't seem to work the way I expected. Two icons showed up in the top of my screen (in the bar next to the battery icon and stuff). The iPhone app found my MacBook right away. Next, opening up a PowerPoint I was able to get the presentation started, but PowerPoint on my mac started giving me messages that it needed to download font after font and each font file was extremely large. This was alarming. I "skipped" downloading anything. Next the iPhone app kept losing connection. The only thing that I successfully did was to start a presentation. After that nothing else worked.
I got it to work!
When I first tested on my home network, it worked great! I was impressed by the app's ability to use that drive on my computer to find and launch a PowerPoint straight from my iPhone.
A public network was a bit more tricky to connect, but I got it working. First, public networks typically default to making the computer not discoverable to other devices. I switched that off, assuming it would help. Second, I had to manually enter the address and port on the app to make it find the computer. Then it worked!
- Didonai LLC
- 11.8 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Didonai LLC
- In-App Purchases
- MyPoint Marker $2.99
- MyPoint Timer $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.