Nebo is where work begins. Nebo lets you write, draw, edit and structure your notes using your Apple Pencil (or compatible¹). Convert them into digital documents or copy/paste parts to or from any other app.
Attending a meeting or a conference? Having new ideas to jot down? Starting a new project? Capturing relevant ideas and information is essential. Nebo will always be there to help you be more productive, day after day.
CAPTURE IDEAS AND INFORMATION IN ANY SITUATION
• Use your pen¹ to take notes.
• Draw sketches or interactive diagrams to quickly write down ideas and develop them further. You can also easily annotate images.
• Easily switch between your pen¹ and your keyboard, and take your notes even faster.
EDIT AND TRANSFORM IN NO TIME
• Structure your notes with paragraphs and bulleted lists. Create titles and highlight text using intuitive gestures.
• Convert your handwriting with confidence using the most powerful recognition engine.
• Complete your document by pasting text copied from other apps.
SHARE AND REUSE EASILY
• Publish your notes on nebo.app to be viewed from anywhere.
• Convert your note instantly into Word, text, PDF or HTML format. Copy/paste fully editable diagrams to PowerPoint or as images to other apps.
• Store your notebooks in collections and search for handwritten ink and typed text across all notes in your library.
** Best App 2017 CES Mobile Apps Showdown **
** Featured by Apple as "Perfect with Apple Pencil" **
** For note takers with needs that go beyond the basic — Techradar, 2019 **
*** Detailed feature list ***
• Edit and format with your pen* — Write, add or remove content and space, decorate and apply styles using MyScript Interactive Ink technology.
• Switch between pen and keyboard — Add content or edit existing text with your keyboard, whether it is handwritten or converted. Select and copy/paste text in Nebo or to any other app.
• Draft sections — Quickly mix handwritten text, shapes and drawings. Copy the content to any page or other apps.
• Create interactive diagrams — Copy/paste fully editable diagrams to PowerPoint or as images to other apps.
• Draw free elements — Sketch freely in your note.
• Annotate pictures — Add an image from Photos or a picture from your camera and use your pen to annotate them.
• Work with smart math — Develop your handwritten equations and matrices across several lines. Solve your calculations. Copy them as LaTeX or as images.
• Auto-layout — The page expands as you write and reflows the text to preserve the optimal size for any screen width.
• Paste external text — Copy/paste text from any app. You can even add it inside your handwritten paragraphs.
• Manage your notes — Organize your pages in notebooks and collections. Move your notes from one notebook or collection to another, in the most intuitive and fluid manner.
• Search — Find handwritten ink and text across all notes in your library, including in your diagrams.
• Dictionary - Add custom words like names or technical terms to improve their recognition.
• Export — Decide where to take your notes next: Export pages as Word (.docx), text, PDF or HTML.
• Publish your pages - Share your notes on nebo.app. Limit access to a list of contacts or allow anyone to view your note.
• Sync — Sync your notes with iCloud, Google Drive or Dropbox.
For assistance using the app or to request new features, contact Nebo support: https://app-support.myscript.com/
¹An Apple Pencil (or compatible) is required to handwrite in Nebo. More details on https://myscri.pt/pens.
When there’s an unprecedented situation, respond with unprecedented measures! Due to COVID-19, all of us MyScript employees are now working remotely.
We remain committed to improving Nebo with new features and bug fixes and our support team is at your service, should you need anything.
Maybe you are working from home too and need to share your meeting notes, insights or plans with your co-workers?
To help you with remote working in these extraordinary circumstances, we’ve decided to make the Publish Nebo Pro feature available for free.
Take care of you and your loved ones
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Our iPad Pro becomes an awesome on-the-fly notepad with this app built specifically for Apple Pencil. With a few taps and strokes, we can format handwritten text as titles, paragraphs, or bulletpoints. And creating diagrams or marking up photos? Dead simple. Ah, the simple joy of taking old-fashioned notes—and decorating the page with random doodles!
Works OK as a stand alone app, sync needs work though
The handwriting recognition works as well as any app I’ve tried on an iPad Pro. But the lack of iCloud sync is a big inconvenience. If you have your other Apple devices set up to use iCloud sync, then Nebo's separate “cloud sync”is a cumbersome set of extra steps, requiring additional user IDs/accounts, and external services that would all be seamless if the app just supported iCloud. Disappointing for an otherwise well-designed app.
The other SERIOUS gap in this app’s capabilities is that it does not seem to be compatible with any Bluetooth keyboard. This prevents NEBO from being a single app for all note-taking needs. With the way I use my iPad Pro, I take notes BOTH with the Apple Pencil, and sometimes with the IOS on-screen keyboard and sometimes with a separate Bluetooth keyboard, depending on the setting I am in at the time. This app does not support anything other than handwriting input. So you will still need another vendor’s note-taking app (like Evernote, OneNote, or Apple’s IOS Notes to make your iPad a true notebook replacement. Too bad, because if NEBO simply added these other input options, it would be all many people would need for note taking (other than perhaps a dedicated sketching app if artistic drawing is a requirement)
Developer Response ,
Hi Slimbergh, thanks for your interest in Nebo. Here is Nebo April release (1.9): many of you asked for more Cloud services. We’ve added iСloud for iOS & Google Drive for iOS & Windows. Please note that we sync with iCloud: notes you sync will not be visible in iCloud Drive. Neither Google Drive. Thanks also for your other feedback. Enjoy Nebo with iCloud! Nat from MyScript
Good handwriting recognition; still needs a couple things to be GREAT
I tried out this app and GoodNotes, and ultimately this one won out because it works so much better for the way I want to write. I didn’t have to adapt very much to get this app to work for me. I take tons of lecture notes and I needed something searchable that allowed me to write as quickly as I hear it and have the app recognize what I’m writing. The handwriting recognition is pretty remarkable, especially taking into account just how bad my handwriting is.
That said, this app isn’t GREAT. It is missing two pretty key and important and basic tools that may shorten the amount of time I use it. One: there is no copy/paste feature, either of what I’ve written or what I found elsewhere to add to my notes. I have to write in everything from URLs to text from web pages to bits of other notes. That’s really annoying. Two: I can’t type in this app. I would like to be able to add a text box and type in it sometimes.
The addition of those two tools would make this app one of the better app experiences you’ll find *period*. But as is, it’s still darn good and well worth the money.
- 125.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2018 MyScript. All Rights Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Nebo Pro $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.