Forget paper: Nebo will revolutionize your note-taking at work, at your studies & in daily life. Handwrite documents, annotate PDFs or get creative on an infinite canvas.
Nebo is the ONLY note-taking app that makes handwriting as powerful and versatile as typed text.
Turn handwritten notes into professional documents thanks to the world's best handwriting recognition and write-to-text conversion. Nebo understands and accurately converts even the untidiest scribble in your choice of 66 languages. No more transcribing!
Create freely and evolve ideas on a limitless freeform page. Mark up and annotate PDFs. Nebo simplifies your information workflow and boosts your productivity.
• Empower your handwriting:
- Write¹, type or dictate - all in the same document, sentence or even word.
- Accurately convert handwriting and math to typed text, and hand-drawn diagrams to perfect shapes.
- Add a selection of emoji and symbols with your pen.
• Edit with your pen:
- Use simple gestures to edit and format without breaking your flow.
- Create headings and lists, add or remove spaces and line breaks, delete and emphasize text.
• A uniquely responsive experience:
- Nebo’s regular page automatically reflows your handwriting as needed.
- Make edits, adjust layout, rotate your device or split your screen without worrying about readability.
• Enrich your notes:
- Add photos, sketches and smart objects like math and diagrams.
- Handwrite math equations and matrices across several lines, solve simple calculations and copy math as LaTeX or image.
- Hand-drawn diagrams stay editable when pasted into PowerPoint.
• Write and draw freely:
- Nebo's freeform page is an infinite canvas that’s ideal for brainstorming ideas in all directions.
- Pan around the page and zoom in or out to get a fresh perspective.
- Use the lasso to select and move, copy, delete or resize content.
• Reuse freeform content in regular pages:
- Copy content between freeform pages or sections, and into regular pages or other apps.
- Freeform content stays editable and convertible when pasted to a regular page.
• Paperless management:
- Organize your library via drag-and-drop.
- Back up your notes as needed.
** PRODUCTIVITY PACKS **
Try Nebo free – when you're ready to take your note-taking to the next level, you can choose the features you want in-app. Select from 3 Productivity Packs or purchase the Full Pack: max power at a discounted rate!
• Essentials Pack:
- Create unlimited notebooks.
- Train Nebo's recognition by adding custom words to your personal dictionary.
- Search your entire Nebo library, including handwriting.
• Connect Pack:
- Sync your Nebo library with iCloud, Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Export pages as Word doc, PDF, HTML or text.
- Publish or share pages via private web link.
• PDF Pack:
- Import PDFs into your notebooks.
- Mark up and annotate freely.
- Export to PDF.
** LOVE FOR NEBO **
- “Perfect with Apple Pencil” (Apple App Store)
- “For note-takers with needs that go beyond the basic” (TechRadar, 2019)
- Best App 2017 (CES Mobile Apps Showdown)
Nebo respects your privacy and never stores your content on our servers without your explicit consent.
For help or to request new features, create a ticket at https://myscri.pt/support
Check the minimum and recommended requirements for Nebo: https://myscri.pt/devices
¹You can use any compatible active or passive pen, including Apple Pencil, to handwrite in Nebo. Find more details at https://myscri.pt/pens
** Import and annotate PDFs **
You can now import PDFs into your notebooks! Purchase the PDF Pack from the Nebo Store in the Settings menu to import, mark up and export PDFs.
** Design updates **
We've taken the first steps toward creating a new visual identity for Nebo. This has included redesigning the conversion preview for a lighter feel and smoother experience, and adding colorful new visuals and icons throughout the app. We've also introduced a more contemporary font for typed and converted text, to enhance readability.
** Stability improvements and bug fixes **
Thank you for reporting your issues. Enjoy this new and improved version of Nebo.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Just what I needed :)
I’ve been looking for a replacement for apple’s notes app and google docs that wasn’t word, and luckily, I came upon this beautiful, easy to use app. This is, hands down, the best app to use if you want to convert your handwriting into typed format. It works very well with my handwriting and is easy to edit and learn different shortcuts for your writing. I’m also glad it has an option to create a free form note, where I use it to brainstorm ideas, writing floating where ever I want it to be.
You can organize your notes in collections and notebooks, which is very handy and a feature I needed.
Even though this will become my main writing app, 😉 there’s only one small thing that would make it even better... a night/dark theme. Maybe I just haven’t found it yet, or it’s not there, but I would love to write in whatever color I like on whatever colored paper I like. So far it has the option to change writing color, just not paper. If you had the option to change the color of paper, there wouldn’t even be a need to have color themes- the writer could just change their paper and pen to whatever color they needed and voilà! Thanks :)
Developer Response ,
Hi Jeff, thank you for your positive feedback. I'm happy to tell you that dark mode is coming later this year, but it is not at the top of our 2021 development timetable. We have a number of other great new features that will be rolled out before dark mode is introduced to the app. Best regards, Leo
My favorite note app
There is only a few tiny things that would make this app perfect and first would be to have multiple styles of paper to choose from with different paper rules... college versus wide for example and changing paper colors. I am using this app more than any other since it has the best features and most natural intuitive functions but the rule of the line height is a bit too wide on a 12.9 iPad for long hand writing and to narrow for wanting to take fast notes. I would love to have the ability to have more than one small note pad or two on one sheet. Second would be to able to turn off or lock the keyboard and eraser button from changing. My hand naturally hits the screen and finger sometimes double taps when readjusting my hand causing me to pause multiple times while writing in order to switch back, while just a few split seconds, it messes with your focus while writing. But regardless... this will be my go to app forever. I have tried several note apps and this ones is by far one of the very best out there and I really do love it and well thought out app, I hope these developers create even more awesome products with same attention to detail and user experience as they have with this product.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to review. From our side, we introduced custom line heights in Nebo 2.6 (June 2020), so you can now configure your preferred line height for maximum reading and writing comfort. Line height is dynamic too, meaning your content will automatically reflow when you adjust the settings.
As for the palm rejection issue, we'll forward the details of your experience to our design team. We're always looking at ways to remove obstacles and enhance productivity. If this issue is causing you frustration, we want to fix it! Thanks again :-)
Works OK as a stand alone app, sync needs work though
The handwriting recognition works as well as any app I’ve tried on an iPad Pro. But the lack of iCloud sync is a big inconvenience. If you have your other Apple devices set up to use iCloud sync, then Nebo's separate “cloud sync”is a cumbersome set of extra steps, requiring additional user IDs/accounts, and external services that would all be seamless if the app just supported iCloud. Disappointing for an otherwise well-designed app.
The other SERIOUS gap in this app’s capabilities is that it does not seem to be compatible with any Bluetooth keyboard. This prevents NEBO from being a single app for all note-taking needs. With the way I use my iPad Pro, I take notes BOTH with the Apple Pencil, and sometimes with the IOS on-screen keyboard and sometimes with a separate Bluetooth keyboard, depending on the setting I am in at the time. This app does not support anything other than handwriting input. So you will still need another vendor’s note-taking app (like Evernote, OneNote, or Apple’s IOS Notes to make your iPad a true notebook replacement. Too bad, because if NEBO simply added these other input options, it would be all many people would need for note taking (other than perhaps a dedicated sketching app if artistic drawing is a requirement)
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your thoughts. We're pleased to say that Nebo has supported iCloud, Google Drive and Dropbox sync since version 1.9. Hope you've found it useful! We also added keyboard support in Nebo 2.3 (August 2019), with a twist that's unique among note-taking apps: Nebo's AI engine treats handwriting and typed text exactly the same. Both are fully editable and responsive - meaning that in Nebo, your handwriting is truly as powerful and versatile as typed text.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 153.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 MyScript. All Rights Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Nebo Pro $5.99
- Full Pack $7.99
- PDF Pack $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.