Test yourself to help improve reading of music in a fun way!!!
Name That Note is a note spelling quiz for all ages. Whether you’re a novice at reading music or a virtuoso this app offers a challenge at any level.
Similarly to how we learn to recognise the individual letters of the alphabet, Name That Note can help you learn the note names on a staff (stave).
Select from treble, bass or both clefs.
There are three levels difficulty:-
1. Beginner Level - Answer 10 questions with 6 seconds allowed per question. Note positions are restricted to 1 ledger line above and below the staff. There are no accidentals or key signatures.
2. Intermediate Level - Answer 20 questions with 3 seconds allowed per question. Note positions are restricted to 2 ledger lines above and below the staff. Accidentals are introduced but without key signatures.
3. Advanced Level - Answer 30 questions with 2 seconds allowed per question. Note positions can extend as far as 4 ledger spaces either side of the staff. Key signatures are introduced to really test your note reading skills!
Fluent note reading requires a certain amount of memorising positions on a staff, recognising accidentals and knowing key signatures.
Name That Note uses a ‘flash card style’ way of displaying the question along with four answers, one correct and three incorrect, to choose from.
Just like a multiple choice question only one answer is the correct one.
After an answer is selected, or the time limit for that question runs out, the correct answer is displayed briefly before going to the next question.
Once there are no more questions a total score is given.
Now you can turn the timer off to enable 'practice mode'. This great feature allows you to simply take your time when you're learning. And if you feel like more of a challenge you can enable 'continuous mode'.
When in both continuous mode and practice mode the questions never end and a percentage of correctness is displayed. However when the timer is turned on and continuous mode is enabled, the game will go on indefinitely until an incorrect answer is given. When this occurs a score is given for the total number of questions answered consecutively.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
• added feature to turn off the timer to enable practice mode
• added feature for continuous game play
• new icon
• supports both portrait and landscape orientations
• supports split screen for devices that have that feature
• native support for 32 and 64 bit devices
Ratings and Reviews
I have a suggestion
Hello Namethatnote. I am a beginning musician and I was wondering if you guys could add a ledger line only mode/staff only modes. This is because while I know the staff notes, I need to work on memorizing the ledger line notes. And the current mode only go up to I think 2 ledger lines above or below the staff. So if you’re taking suggestions, please consider implementing this into your already amazing app. Thank you!
Luv the app easy use and fun helps a lot with learning music notes.
I feel like it should give you more time though with showing the answer if you get the note wrong. It doesn't exactly interest me only because it is the same game OVER AND OVER AND Over And Over And over and over..... Anyway, I think it needs something to make it more exciting for people. Otherwise great educational app. I am only giving it three stars though because it isn't something I would highly recommend as it would have to b for someone patient enough to play it constantly.🌟🌟🌟
Is it just me, or do some of the time signatures in advanced mode not exist?
The developer, Bamsworld, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Michael Bam
- 1.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Bamsworld 2016