Narwhal 2 is the most customizable app for Reddit. This is an all new app designed from the ground up to be the successor to Narwhal 1. All of these features were designed specifically for fast, efficient use of Reddit:
- View any and all subreddits
- A seamless experience to see a link and its comments at the same time
- Voting on posts and comments through a simple swipe
- Create your own themes
- Hide and save links to your reddit account
- Add new posts to your favorite subreddit
- View all of your orangereds
- What are you waiting for!? Go ahead and download and browse reddit as much as you want!
We are always trying to make the best reddit experience, so come visit our subreddit /r/narwhalapp and let us know what you want to see next!
Fixed a couple quick bugs from the latest update to keep your Reddit browsing experience the best it can be:
- Fixes issue where self text previews would be shown for spoiler posts
- Fixes issue with the "Use bold font for titles" setting not working 100% of the time
Ratings and Reviews
Narwhal 1 was a great app but it had so many quirks and bugs and the dev rarely fixed them because he was spending all his time on Narwhal 2. For years he got to enjoy this app and pretty much no one else could. Then Reddit cracked down on the API usage and pretty much forced the dev to make changes and finally release this app. I hate subscriptions but I’m so glad he was essentially forced to finally release this major update. The app is so much better now! The dev is very responsive at fixing things now and I think it’s well worth the cost! There are so many 1 star reviews here that either don’t understand the subscription (not the devs fault, blame Reddit) or they are mad that Apollo no longer works and they are expecting this app to be exactly the same as that one. People are too lazy to spend the time going through the options to customize the app the way they want. With that said, just give the app a try and and go through all the options. If you invest the time you can make this app perfect for your needs and if something is missing, request it! Don’t complain and leave bad reviews!
An excellent app from a dedicated developer
I downloaded Narwhal in April of 2016, and I dont think I have gone more than a week without using it since then. The developer is a one man shop who has worked very hard to overcome some of Reddit’s recent decisions so he can continue to offer this app that I and many others rely on. Reddit has forced all 3rd party apps to pay for their API usage. If a subscription is not an option for you, you can use the official reddit app or a web browser. Personally, I would rather not do either of those things, since I find the interface and constant ads very annoying. I can afford to pay the subscription and a bit more to support this developer. I understand not everyone is able to do that, but please, if that is the case, direct your anger toward the bone-headed exectives at reddit, not this developer, who has no control over the situation. Det0ur, I hope for your mental health you are staying out of the reviews, but if you do read this, I want to thank you for all you have done to bring us this excellent app. Do not be discouraged by the hate, know that you are appreciated.
Best reddit app I’ve found.
I’m not one to leave a review typically, but this app is my most used by far and it deserves praise. The most used functions of reddit such as browsing and sorting through posts and comments are nicely designed and intuitive to navigate on both my iPhone and iPad. Though there are a multitude of options in menus and sub menus that I personally found confusing at times, there is no doubt you can make the app as simple or complex as you’d like. Signing into my reddit account was easy and has me replying to comment threads or scrolling through my favorite subs in no time. The developers constantly make minor tweaks and subtle improvements that keep the app running smooth as silk. My only gripe is going through my comment history and not being able to pull up the original post from my comment alone, but rather I would have to select the OP’s profile and scroll through to the post to open it. A minor inconvenience that I don’t feel warrants a less than 5-star review from me. Overall, if you’re looking for a great reddit browser for your iPhone or iPad, look no further than Narwhal.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rick Harrison
- 26.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2016-2023 robot swingset, llc
- In-App Purchases
- Narwhal Pro $3.99
- Narwhal Pro - Extra Support $4.99
- Narwhal Pro - Extra Support $5.99
- Tip Jar $5 $5.00
- Narwhal Pro - Extra Support $9.99
- Narwhal Pro - Extra Support $6.99
- Tip Jar $10 $10.00
- Tip Jar $25 $25.00