National Park Trail Guide is your comprehensive guide to hiking and site seeing in our National Parks.
• Currently packing complete trail data and hike descriptions for many of your favorite National Parks, including life-list destinations like Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Zion, Grand Teton, Mount Rainier, Point Reyes, Rocky Mountain, Zion, Acadia and many more!
• Search for hikes using the map or a park's “best of” list curated through star rankings from the community.
• Never get lost again! See your live position on a terrain or satellite map and vertical profile
• No cell signal needed. The data is available offline, and your phone uses its built-in GPS to show your location.
• Plan the perfect trip for you, using our hike difficulty ratings, elevation profiles, star ratings, and informed insights on seasons, camping and lodging, guided tours, food and drink, and more.
• Traveling with kids? We have an expert-selected list of Family Friendly Hikes. Want to target the park’s most beautiful features? View our list of Gems.
• Other cool features: Create a to-do list, track your hikes, or send your exact location to help in case of emergency.
• The app is completely free--it’s our gift to you as part of the National Park Service's Centennial Celebration.
By using GPS, we can show your location on trails and vertical profiles. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This release addresses some maintenance issues and has some content updates.
Ratings and Reviews
There’s so much info here it’s great. Just about every NP is covered and even some National Monuments and such. But what really impressed me was today when I was at Pinnacles NP I wanted to make sure I was going the right way on a trail in a place where I had no cell service s nothing else would even work. I opened the Trail Map and not only did it show all the trails, but it pinpointed where I was on the trail exactly. Thinking it may have been a lark I continued on and then tried it again. It took a second or two to update and then had moved my location along the trail. I moved off the trail a bit and even then it updated my location in relation to the trail and the parking lot I was headed to. I don’t know whether that works in all parks or not, but it was pretty amazing and may actually save people who’ve lost track of a trail, if they can see exactly where they are in relation to the trail, even in areas where there’s no cell service. Not sure how that works, but I was impressed.
As a parkie, this is THE BEST app
I spent last summer as an employee in GTNP and can say that this is the singles best app for hiking in the national parks. The map feature is amazing and intuitive, the trail profiles are super helpful, and the trails that have guides are very well written and helpful. Being able to see my location on the map even without service saved me a few times while hiking through the Utah desert. There are a few glitches every now and then, especially when switching between screens or trying to search for a trail, but overall works very well. If only this app worked outside the national parks.
So much better than I thought!
Really like this app! So useful with being able to find hikes offline and seeing where you’re at. The location is pretty darn accurate. I also really like how it tells you the elevation and mileage at various points of the hikes. Also so nice that you can add hikes to your “to do” list and then mark them as complete when you’ve done it!
Some things that would be great to improve/add. One is there may be some glitch with adding “Gems” to your Completed list, it won’t let you for some reason. And it’d be great if the map can overlay the hikes you’ve already done so it’s easy to see where you’ve been, plus just would be super cool to look at
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Adventure Projects Inc.
- 89.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Adventure Projects Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.