At Google Nest, we make products that are beautiful, helpful and easy to use. The Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest thermostat, arm and disarm your Nest Secure alarm system, see your home with Nest Cam, and get an alert if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And receive notifications on your iPhone or iPad.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. Forget to set the alarm? It will notice, and send you a Remind Me alert.
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E
Thermostats that program themselves to help you save energy.
- Change the temperature from the subway or the sofa using your phone.
- See how much energy you used, and why.
- View and edit your schedule.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
Nest Secure alarm system
- Arm and disarm your home remotely from the app.
- Receive a Remind Me alert if you leave home and forget to set the alarm.
- Receive a security alert on your phone telling you what triggered the alarm – a door or window opening, or someone entering a room.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks, and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide. (Requires Wi-Fi and a working internet connection.)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen only.)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors, and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once. (Nest Protect 2nd gen only.)
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam IQ Indoor and Outdoor, Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor, and Dropcam
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in 24/7 with crisp 1080p HD video (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts (or familiar face alerts with Nest Cam IQ) and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Know who’s knocking.
- 24/7 video streaming means you’ll never miss a moment.
- Designed to show you everything at your doorstep – people head to toe, or packages on the ground.
- Knows the difference between a person and a thing.
- Notifies you about visitors, even if they don’t ring the bell.
- HD Talk and Listen lets you have a seamless conversation with someone at your door.
- When you can’t answer the door, quick responses let you reply to visitors with prerecorded audio messages.
Nest x Yale Lock
The lock for a more secure connected home.
- Instead of sharing keys, assign passcodes to people you trust in the Nest app.
- Get an alert when someone locks or unlocks the door.
- With Home/Away Assist and Auto-Lock, your door can lock itself when you leave.
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi, and/or Bluetooth.
Bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
New Google Cameras NO longer work with this APP. Very sad to say.
Update: Google is ending this apps use. The new Google/Nest cameras will NOT work on this app! The new cameras ONLY work on Google Home App as far as apps. All OLD & NEW Google cameras as well as the doorbell cameras and Google hub Max can be viewed on the Google Home APP or any Google screens both Hubs with screens or Google TV devices. The Nest Aware subscription works on old and new cameras and doorbells for now. It is a sad day that Google bought Nest and is now removed one of the best parts without fixing it. I know we all move on but really! How hard would it have been to keep this app and fix its issues. Maybe time to get out of the Google worked and go all into Ring as it is cheaper and now going to be FAR BETTER. Goodby Nest you had a good run.
The App is overall OK Pros: Works fairly well to see camera and adjust the thermostat. Always logs in OK to account. Cons: for a company like Google I expect more. Thermostat should be on top Thermostat should show key info that it doesn’t like inside and outside temp along with set temp. Just the basic stuff large and up front. Not small and hidden The cameras should be in order I want. Like doorbell should be on top than any order I want. Why can’t I mix the order up? And if I can’t at least put the doorbell Nest on top. PLEASE
I’ve had the nest thermostat for almost a year now, and I can say it’s money well spent. First, it was very easy to install. The instructions are easy to follow; I did not have to do any rework. I did not have to hire a professional. Programming the controls was also easy with step by step instructions. I like the fact that it self programs economic settings based on when you’re home. I’m single and working so it’s nice to know it is saving me money by reducing back the heating and cooling temps when I’m not home. And it does it automatically through a sensor that detects motion. This could, however, be a problem if you have a big dog. You can also control the settings using your smart phone, which is what I do pretty much all the time. I can even control it from work and by using Google voice. This system requires a dependable WiFi. If the WiFi goes off line, however, as it has done with me a few times, the system will still function but you won’t be able to control it from you smart phone. Once the WiFi is back on line, the thermostat will automatically resume previous settings. And best of all, it has saved me hundreds of dollars in utility savings. And it looks sharp on the wall. Well worth the money, and so easy for DIY’ers. Definitely worth a five-state rating!!
Glitches in newest update! please fix!
This newest update as of 4-6-22 has a lot of glitches. the camera keeps locking up upon viewing footage and giving me little blue spinning circles.
I also hate to hear that Google is going to get rid of this app , this is a great app when it works perfectly! the fact that I can’t get the nest doorbell to be a part of this app is also a reason why I have decided not to purchase the doorbell. I don’t want to go over to the Google home app,I hate to have to switch to a different system like Ring but I probably will wind up having to do that if they can’t get the doorbell to finally integrate with this app somehow.
Update as of 9-4-18 I’m a long time nest cam user so I’ve dealt with many buggy updates......This last update no longer shows me a snippet video in my alerts like before.... please bring that back, it was a great feature and I enjoyed seeing the snippets/photo on my Apple Watch...please fix! The most recent update continues to lock up after about 30 seconds of using the app & it makes me want to throw my phone against the wall! If I could reinstall the old version I would because it worked great! Anytime I try to rewind or fast-forward in the 15 second intervals it continues to just have a little blue circle that just spins and spins and I have to exit the app and start over again it's very frustrating.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nest Labs, Inc
- 337.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 10.2 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-20 Nest Labs, Inc.