At Google Nest, we make products that are beautiful, helpful and easy to use. The Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest thermostat, arm and disarm your Nest Secure alarm system, see your home with Nest Cam, and get an alert if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And receive notifications on your iPhone or iPad.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. Forget to set the alarm? It will notice, and send you a Remind Me alert.
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E
Thermostats that program themselves to help you save energy.
- Change the temperature from the subway or the sofa using your phone.
- See how much energy you used, and why.
- View and edit your schedule.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
Nest Secure alarm system
- Arm and disarm your home remotely from the app.
- Receive a Remind Me alert if you leave home and forget to set the alarm.
- Receive a security alert on your phone telling you what triggered the alarm – a door or window opening, or someone entering a room.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks, and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide. (Requires Wi-Fi and a working internet connection.)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen only.)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors, and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once. (Nest Protect 2nd gen only.)
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam IQ Indoor and Outdoor, Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor, and Dropcam
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in 24/7 with crisp 1080p HD video (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts (or familiar face alerts with Nest Cam IQ) and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Know who’s knocking.
- 24/7 video streaming means you’ll never miss a moment.
- Designed to show you everything at your doorstep – people head to toe, or packages on the ground.
- Knows the difference between a person and a thing.
- Notifies you about visitors, even if they don’t ring the bell.
- HD Talk and Listen lets you have a seamless conversation with someone at your door.
- When you can’t answer the door, quick responses let you reply to visitors with prerecorded audio messages.
Nest x Yale Lock
The lock for a more secure connected home.
- Instead of sharing keys, assign passcodes to people you trust in the Nest app.
- Get an alert when someone locks or unlocks the door.
- With Home/Away Assist and Auto-Lock, your door can lock itself when you leave.
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi, and/or Bluetooth.
Bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Nest outdoor cameras
All of my Nest products have been outstanding except for troubles I experienced with two out of three outdoor cameras that I purchased.
My first outdoor camera started going offline almost immediately after installation. I installed it in Florida and went back up north for the summer. It would not perform and went offline leaving me with a worthless camera for six months. Back home up north, I purchased two more outdoor cameras, the first one I installed performed as expected and gave me no problems. The second one started going offline almost immediately. At first, I thought that it was too far away from the modem. I installed an extender that didn’t help, so I tried a different one but the camera still wouldn’t stay online. I must have installed and reinstalled that camera ten times. After a couple of months of frustration and many calls to Nest, the representative offered to send me a replacement camera. Guess what, upon receiving it, I installed it and the replacement camera worked perfectly!
As soon as I returned to my Florida home, I called and suggested that Nest send me a replacement camera and they did. I installed it and it also worked perfectly right away. I have a suspicion that there may be a problem that Nest needs to address with their outdoor cameras given my experience with them. Thank you Nest for sending me those replacement cameras.
Best investment in many years
I have four air conditioning units in my house and started with one Nest. That Nest was placed in the common area of kitchen, living and dining rooms. I installed it myself which I thought easy but I do everything myself so it may be more challenging if you’re not handy. The instructions are clear and specific which makes for a lot of steps but the good side of that is that if you take your time and follow you will not find it hard. We now have four Nests. As for how the Nest works? Flawless, simple and wonderful. The App is great and easy to use while the Nest itself does adjust as it learns your temperature habits. I’m in my 50’s so I’m still old school and like to walk up to the thermostat and adjust it manually and Nest keeps all the features you’re used to on the actual Nest that’s on the wall. It’s truly the best between modern convenience and Old school. Oh, let me add that my wife is home all day and when she goes out she doesn’t lower our four Nests but Nest allows you to connect a persons cell phone to it so now when my wife leaves the house all four Nests switch to “Away” saving power. Then as soon as she pulls into the driveway all the thermostats go back to normal to make the house adjust to her comfort levels. I can’t give you one reason not to buy one.
Nest Security Cameras Excellent Very Happy
We Have Three Nest cameras and the IQ outdoor Cameras Are the way to go for the little extra money we use them on our garage and our main driveway in upstate New York corner of Canada and VT and winters down to -15 and cameras worked with no issue during Cold weather they are powered by cord into outlet and not a battery battery not Recomended for cold weather just a FYI also great WiFi a plus when using them they identified family members vs strangers and if it sees a strangers face We get alerted instantly and can either talk over the camera or turn siren on or lights on whichever approach you wanna use. The better the internet connection the faster the cameras are but that goes for most everything on internet now days just wanted to throw that out there for some that are beginners checking out reviews. Anyways AAA+++++ I’m Very Happy with Nest Cameras IQ version Are ones we used others may be ok to but I only used IQ’s so I can’t say anything on other versions as of yet and yes I would purchase Nest IQ outdoor Cameras again For Sure. Goodluck in your camera adventure and hope this helps.. Happy New Year.!!! Go Trump 2020. !!!!!!
- Nest Labs, Inc
- 359.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-18 Nest Labs, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.