Network Utilities is a handy tool for network administrators to scan and analyze the ipv4 and ipv6 networks.
It's a free app with a small banner advertisement at the bottom and no limitation on functions, you can use the In-App purchase to remove advertisement and support us.
Network Utilities includes the following services:
• General System Information including system hardware, memory usage, disk usage, network interfaces, WiFi, DNS Name Servers
• Network Interfaces: Detail information about all the active network interfaces including link speed and data usage
• Network Browser: Scan nodes connected to each network interface
- NETWORK CONNECTION
• Ping: Standard ping to Host, IPv4 or IPv6, number of requests, timeout and payload size is configurable
• World Ping: Ping the target Host, IPv4 or IPv6 from at least 5 different locations
• Traceroute: Standard trace function to destination Host, IPv4 or IPv6, timeout to each hop or maximum hops are configurable
• IP Range Scanner: Check for alive nodes in provided IPv4 range
• Port Scanner: Check for open ports on selected Host or IP, you can specify the port numbers or range of ports
• Speed Test: Check current connection speed including ping, download and upload speed
- HOST/IP TESTS
• Host to IP: Resolve a hostname to IP addresses based on current device DNS settings
• IP Location: Approximate location of an IP address or Host
• Whois: Whois database search on domain name or IP addresses
• NSLookup: Detail DNS records of a domain, DNS Server, Query Type, Query Class, Authoritative Records and search for IPv6 are configurable
• Email Validator: Check the structure and server validity of an email address
• RBL Blacklist Check: Check an IP address against major black lists
- SYSTEM TOOLS
• SSH Client: A built-in SSH client to connect to any SSH Server, supports both password and certificate authentication
• Telnet Client: A Telnet client to connect to any server that supports telnet protocol
• Wake On Lan: Provides ability to send WOL signal to any MAC address
• IP4 Calculator: Subnet class calculation of an IP4 address
• IPv6 Calculator: Network calculation of an IPv6 address
Network Utilities also has a Widget that can show the current connected WiFi and cellular information including private and external IP addresses.
Additionally, you can share all the results as a PDF file
- Improved compatibility with iOS 15
- Fixed a bug in Port Scanner
- Improved watch app complications
Ratings and Reviews
Best iOS networking utility
Better than any free or paid alternative that comes to mind. Additionally, it is lightning fast with a wonderfully thought-out and sleek UI.
Fing has a fair subset of NUtils' features, and runs at a fraction of the speed. Fing runs almost like it's only got a single thread.
I cannot recommend this enough to anyone who feels they may need one of these functions in the future. It even has nslookup for cryin' out loud. It saves your most recent addresses so you can quickly select them when you move to another utility. The context menu on long-press over pretty much anything is customized to the data-type, and you can quick-link to other tools from any address on-screen.
I'm the kind of person who giggles when their banking app updates its design, so take this with a grain of salt, but this app is unequivocally the best in class.
Good selection of tools, but needs updating
I use this app regularly when I don’t feel like taking out my laptop to do network activities. My favorite feature is the integrated SSH client, which I use very frequently to access my remote server from just about anywhere. But after I updated my phone to iOS 16.6, I noticed that the app crashes when I try to open Blink. It’s not a huge dealbreaker, as there are other mobile SSH clients out there, but this app is super versatile and I hope developer can get it back up to date.
FINALLY A REAL UTILITY THAT WORKS
I am not a big review writer nor am I one to even rate an app. However this app and its developer deserve props and support for all their efforts and time that they spent building this app. I have tried so many different apps to just get some basic information about my network and nothing comes close to what this app offers for free. Excellent app and I would highly recommend buying it simply to say thank you to the developers for what they have created. WELL DONE!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dayana Networks Ltd
- 57.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.3 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Dayana Networks Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to No Ad $2.99