NeuralCam 5 with DayMode, 48MP AI Upscaling* & Macro Mode is here! Get it for 15% off for a limited time!
NeuralCam lets you shoot better night and daytime photos using the power of unique AI and computational photography technology.
Featured on 9to5mac / VentureBeat / TheNextWeb / BGR / PetaPixel / DPReview / SlashGear / LAUNCH Ticker.
9to5Mac - “NeuralCam is not just the best iPhone camera app for night shots, but it is head-and-shoulders above the other apps.”
NeuralCam is the top NightMode app for iPhone, and with the v5.0 update it becomes the most advanced computational photography camera for daytime photos too! Enjoy 48 megapixel(*in-app purchase), sharp, bright and less noisy images with more detail in every lighting condition.
------ BETTER PHOTOS, NIGHT & DAY -------
- Night Mode on All iPhones All Cameras: including the ultra-wide, telephoto and selfie cameras
- Better Daytime HDR Photos: brighter daytime and indoor photos with more detail and less noise
- 48 Megapixel AI Upscaled Photos* (available as an additional in-app purchase): state-of-the-art AI Photo upscaling now available on all iPhones through NeuralCam 5
- AI Enhanced Macro Mode on All iPhones
------ UNIQUE COMPUTATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY PROCESS---------
NeuralCam uses multiple proprietary AI and Computational Photography technologies to get the highest possible quality images in all lighting conditions:
1. SmartCAPTURE: Sets the right capturing settings for each lighting situation to draw the most information and detail from the iPhone camera sensor
2. SmartMERGE: Combines pixels from multiple captured images to further enrich the amount of information and reduce noise
3. NeuralENHANCE: Uses state of the art Machine Learning techniques to enhance detail at 12MP and upscale photos to 24MP or 48MP (in-app purchase)
4. NeuralHDR: Adaptively illuminates night and day photos for a bright, but still natural look
It does all these steps in a few seconds on-device.
Read more about the NeuralCam photography process in the NeuralCam 5 launch blog post here: https://neural.cam/news/
------- FEATURES ------
- Auto and Manual Night Mode
- Auto and Manual Daytime Mode
- AI Enhanced Macro Mode (including Night Macro Mode)
- Manual Computational Photography Controls
- Multiple Capturing Modes: Hight Detail, Low Noise, Unprocessed* (*on iPhone 12 and 13 Pro)
- Merging of 1-12 frames
- 24MP & 48MP AI Super-Resolution
- 12MP AI Detail Enhancement
- Multiple AI Brightening Modes - now including NeuralHDR specially tailored for daytime photos
- Classic manual photography controls for White Balance, Exposure and Focus
- Tripod Mode - allows longer exposure time in really dark situations
- Gentle Torch - so you can light up your scene a bit if needed, in very low light
- Photo Format (HEIC/JPEG/TIFF)
- Grid options
NeuralCam 5: Better Night & Day Photos using AI and Computational Photography
Photo credits: @robert_bilinski, @maxmousee
- added back location for photos
- improved app stability on older devices
- updated error reporting system
- other minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great creation, just needs some UX polish
Kudos to the people who created this — I really appreciate the technology and efforts that went into making this.
I think the user experience could use some polish. First, after taking a picture, the entire app is blocked by a loading indicator that says “Processing” — perhaps this can be done in the background? At the very least, continuing to show the live viewfinder would be nice. Blocking the entire experience for 5+ seconds after every shot feels like a very choppy picture-taking experience.
Second, as someone who doesn’t use Instagram, the dedicated button in the in-app gallery is just extra noise. It seems redundant given that there’s a share button right next to it (and maybe this could be changed to the generic iOS share icon, rather than a “reply” icon).
That being said, this really is a great app, congratulations to the creators of it!
Developer Response ,
Hey kiwiko, thanks for the quality feedback! The UX is definitely something we're trying to improve, but it will take some time to add on top of what we already built. Regarding data privacy, we do not store or use your data, the only data we gather is the app usage in order to have statistics about our users (stuff like numbers of photos taken, location, etc), but this data is aggregated and cannot be traced back to a specific user. -Alex
iPhone Night Mode vs NeuralCam
I originally purchased NeuralCam to use on the XS Max as I didn’t know if I wanted to get an 11 Pro yet. For the XS Max (and probably all other iPhones prior to the 11) this app is amazing! Having the ability to shoot night/dark setting photos without having to upgrade is great. However, I did wonder how this app stacked up to iPhones official night mode. Well I upgraded to an 11 Pro Max, and the results are very close. iPhones night mode is amazing, but NeuralCam holds its own. The big differences I was able to see is that neuralcam takes a little bit longer to focus and process the picture than iPhones night mode. The results are pretty much the same, except I can’t tell if Neuralcam’s results are just a smidge darker or if they’re adding this warm tone to the picture. Either way, it’s a great purchase if your not going to be upgrading to an 11 but want night mode shooting. But I’d say even with the iPhone 11 it’d be worth a purchase since it does let you do night mode shooting with the ultra wide lens, and iPhones night mode won’t let you do that yet.
Just needs a few tweaks
After using NeuralCam a bit longer and comparing it to other apps that are supposed to do low light photography, I decided to rewrite my review. My main complaint was that it tends to blow out certain lighter tones and highlights. That is still an issue, and at times it tends to give results with too much yellow, but the brightness has pretty much become my only real complaint. I can adjust the yellows afterward. If you could perhaps have the ability to use some exposure compensation I think this app would be near perfect. I am amazed at how clean the images are, virtually no noise and great detail. I compared to the vividHDR and LowLight + in ProCamera and there is absolutely no doubt how much better NeuralCam is in my mind.
All I ask for really is to be able to tone down the brightness on the picture in general. I don’t think it needs just the highlights turned down because the balance seems great and would look odd if just the highlights were brought down.
Anyway, love what the app can do and if it could be more consistent and less bright it would easily be one of the best apps on my phone. Make it capable of doing what it does in portrait mode and wow, that would really be something.
Not regretting the purchase at all at this point and just hoping for a few tweaks to really dial it in. Would even be willing to pay for an upgrade that fixes the brightness issue.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Neural Cam SRL
- 89.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Neural Cam SRL
- In-App Purchases
- 48MP AI Super-resolution $3.99