News Explorer 17+
Your one-stop news center
News Explorer is a full-featured yet easy-to-use RSS, JSON, Atom and Twitter newsreader with iCloud based synchronisation between Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV.
FULL ICLOUD SYNC
• News Explorer syncs your RSS, JSON, Atom, Reddit and Twitter subscriptions, folder setup, news items, read statuses and favorites across all your Apple devices.
• Synchronisation is based on iCloud, so there is no need to login or to sign up into any other service, it just works out of the box.
• Built-in high speed RSS and Atom engine.
• Supports Twitter user and hashtags timelines.
• Enhanced support for YouTube feeds.
• Supports Podcast RSS feeds.
• Clean, stylish and clutter-free user interface.
• Article list with thumbnails, adjustable in visibility, size and alignment.
• Built-in browser for viewing inline links.
• Themes, adaptable to your taste and mood, or according appearance settings in macOS.
• Font of the article viewer is fully adjustable.
• Use Reader view to download and read the full text version of articles.
• Option to automatically use Reader view for all feeds, or selected feeds.
• Mark items as favorite for later reading.
• Navigate with one click to the original content.
• Reply, retweet and like tweets in Twitter feeds without leaving the app.
• Timeline view shows your news items in an attractive newspaper-like way.
• Full text search.
• Full keyboard navigation.
• Open articles in separate tabs or windows, for maximum focus.
• Built-in image viewer to browse through all images of news items.
• Full window YouTube videos.
• Built-in support to share news items with Twitter, Instapaper and Pocket.
• Share news items via email, Messages, Facebook and other sharing services.
• Support for Notification Center widgets.
• Add new RSS, Atom, JSON, Reddit, Podcast and YouTube feeds directly from Safari, using the 'Add to News Explorer' share extension.
• Add RSS and Twitter feeds via the built-in search form.
• Support to add manually RSS, Atom, JSON, Reddit and Twitter feeds.
• Feed extension support let you open RSS news feed URL’s.
• Group your subscriptions by using folders.
• Rename and reorder folders and feeds, using drag-and-drop.
• OPML import and export.
• Feed manager let you manage the feeds that should be displayed in the Notification Center.
• Assign keyboard shortcuts to sharing services, including Instapaper and Pocket.
• Simply hit the spacebar to open the next article or to scroll the article when needed.
• With full Touch Bar support you have quick access to all essential functions.
• App icon badge with unread items count.
STATE OF THE ART
• Runs natively on Apple Silicon and Intel Macs.
• Supports RSS 2.0, RDF, JSON Feed, Reddit, ATOM, Podcast, YouTube and Twitter news feeds.
• Supports feeds with Basic and Digest HTTP Authentication.
• Support for displaying articles with RTL text like Arabic or Hebrew.
• Auto Dark Mode and Accent Color support.
• Fully working iCloud sync based on CloudKit.
• Three built-in Reader view engines.
• Spotlight Search.
• Handoff support.
• Notifications with images.
You only need to buy two apps to cover all Apple platforms:
• News Explorer for Mac is available on the Mac App Store.
• News Explorer for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV is a universal purchase app, available on the App Store of the mentioned devices. Universal purchase allows you to purchase News Explorer once, and then access it on all connected platforms.
News Explorer is one of the best documented news apps with an extensive help page on https://betamagic.nl/support/newsexplorer/help.html. If you still have any questions or need support, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or twitter to @elemanssoftware.
If you like News Explorer then feel free to leave a review or a rating in the App Store, it helps a lot!
- Fixed some compatibility issues with macOS 13.0 Ventura.
- Added support for full-screen video playback when using macOS 12.3 or newer.
Ratings and Reviews
The BEST RSS and News Reader
Just discovered News Explorer and I am completely impressed. I have tried many news agregation apps and RSS readers and this one does everything you could want in addtion to offering a beautiful UI and reader display. It is very customizable and syncs beautifully with IOS (which intergrates it’s own settings with the IOS settings framework, brilliant). The search option offers multiple related feeds and sites that you can add all at once, making setup quick and easy . I do wsh there was more control with noitfications, currently I have them turned of because they were flooding my devices unlimited, however, this is just a minor wish. Overall, the great user experience and detailed contro options makes this truly the BEST application of it’s kind that I have found so far.
Best RSS reader
I've been using News Explorer on iOS since March 2018 and watched it grow. At first, it was missing some nice features, but the developer really put time into the project and it shows. It's been my only RSS reader for over a year on my iPhone & iPad.
I finally decided to check it out on my mac. I didn't think I needed it on there as normally I'm checking my feeds on the go. But, it is AMAZING. I've added some longer form & image feeds to my news reading and seeing it on a bigger screen makes a ton of difference. I still use it across all my devices, and the syncing works great via iCloud.
A great app that the developer should be proud of.
Hands Down, the BEST RSS READER!
I've tried every RSS reader on the face of the earth and, in the end, I was always disappointed with something. Then, I discovered News Explorer and it is, by far, the best. Among other things, I was looking for an app that would (1) automatically download the full article images, (2) provide an incredibly beautiful user interface (fonts, spacing, margins, images, etc.) and (3) sync with ICloud. News Explorer does all of that... and much more. Do yourself a favor and get this app. News Explorer should be the number one RSS reader in the app store!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ron Elemans
- 14.4 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2023 Betamagic
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.