News-O-Matic is the daily news app to inspire a love of nonfiction reading.
100+ new articles each month cover a range of high-interest topics for curious kids. Subjects include science, sports, world news, technology, arts, and entertainment. Reading current events empowers children to be critical thinkers, lifelong learners, and global citizens. Every story is written at multiple literacy levels for ages 6 to 14.
News-O-Matic is always 100% ad-free. A child psychologist reviews each article to ensure emotionally safe and age-appropriate content.
• 5 dynamic news articles every weekday, each at 3 reading levels
• Colorful photos, videos, maps, graphics, and illustrations
• Daily quizzes to support reading comprehension
• Complete translations in English, Spanish, French & Arabic
• Full “Read to Me” story recordings in English, Spanish, French & Arabic
• Games, fun facts, and calls to action
• Audio and kid-friendly definitions for challenging vocabulary
• Interactive maps and an augmented reality (3D) globe
• Chances to draw, ask questions, comment, and vote
• Interviews with authors, scientists, and other experts
• Citations to improve media literacy skills
• Access to 10 past editions
Teachers' Choice Award for the Classroom Winner, 2020
Digital Media Award North America Winner, 2018 – “Best Innovation to Engage Youth Audiences”
Tech and Learning Award of Excellence, 2018
Parents' Picks Award Winner, 2018
World Young Reader Prize (Editorial) - World Association of Newspapers (WAN-IFRA)
One of The Best News Sources for Kids “5 stars” - Common Sense Media
“My son has finally been reading independently for the past two weeks. He looks forward to reading News-O-Matic every night!” – Melissa, mom of an 8-year-old
"I love News-O-Matic! When I’m in school it’s my favorite thing to do. I even read it when I get home!" – Soyee, age 11
“The stories you write are amazing. It’s funny because I hate reading but yet I’m excited to see what you wrote." – Rae, age 8
“I have never come across a publication this effective in capturing the attention of the student and making them want to learn and understand more.” – LB, Elementary School Teacher
“A terrific introduction to current events with unlimited potential for repeated use for kids” – Smart Apps For Kids
“An ingenious app that condenses the daily news of the world and delivers it in perfectly kid-digestible form.” – Cool Mom Tech
“It offers a window to the world and beyond.” – Parents’ Pick Awards
• Subscription options include per month, per six months, or per year.
• A free trial begins at start of subscription. Easy to cancel at any time.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• User can manage subscription & turn off auto-renewal by going to Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancelation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free-trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
Schools and districts looking to buy News-O-Matic through Apple’s Volume Purchase Program should buy News-O-Matic: School 2019-20.
For more information visit www.newsomatic.org or contact email@example.com for help or questions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Press4Kids’ impressive app gives younger readers a fantastic way to keep up with—and better understand—current events in the world around them. Presented like a daily newspaper, the app offers five stories a day at a level kids can easily comprehend, accompanied by video clips, maps, interesting facts, and other handy information. For students, News-O-Matic isn’t just a valuable news source—it’s also a terrific introduction to journalism, and teachers can use it to inspire class projects where children produce their own publications.
Sorry I updated the app!🙁
This news app was perfect for me until I updated it recently & made me sorry I did. Now while reading the articles, as I am nearing the middle or end, it keeps jumping back to the beginning! I have to keep scrolling back continuously to the section I was reading! That so much takes away the joy from reading the articles. Why is it doing that?🙁 Then I was surprised they took away the little animated piece (with the dog & ball, etc) they had when you pressed the app! Now it just says loading.... If I had known it was going to be a problem reading the articles - since it keeps scrolling back to the top automatically - I would have NEVER updated it! Can you please fix this?!? Why do supposed updates make things worse instead of better? The articles are still great but how can they be read & enjoyed if it automatically jumps back to the beginning?!? Again, can you please fix this?
Developer Response ,
We are very sorry you've experienced this issue. There was a bug that has just been corrected. You can now update your News-O-Matic app and will not experience this bug again. Thank you for your understanding.
This seems like a truly great idea. I’d love to find out what it’s like, but you really can’t learn anything about it without signing up and getting on a week trial plan (which auto-renews if you don’t remember to cancel). Pretty cheesy if you ask me. I suggest they let an interested person access a basic level just to look around, say 24 hour access. I suspect they’d get many more people to have a look. I’m certainly not interested in signing up and then having to worry about canceling later. What a turn-off.
It’s kind of like going to a nice hotel but they won’t even let you in the lobby to look around without giving them your credit card. A turn off.
I hope they’ll reconsider this. I was interested. Now I’m just irritated.
- PRESS4KIDS INC
- 102.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-Press4Kids, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- News-O-Matic subscription $3.99
- News-O-Matic subscription $34.99
- News-O-Matic, Early Bird subscriptions $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.