The NOAA Radar and Weather Forecast app offers you the best radar map available on the store with more than 35 real-time and hyper accurate weather layers to choose from in order to plan your perfect day, week or vacation. There is no reason for the weather to surprise you anymore, with up to 12 hours of weather layers forecast.
Use weather layers that come in high resolution and color such as:
- Tropical cyclones (hurricanes)
- Storm cells
- Lightning strikes
- Fire observations
- Air quality
- Wave heights
- Drought monitor
- Atmospheric pressure
- 14 days of temperature and precipitation forecasts
More incredible features:
- Real-time radar map updates whenever and wherever you need them
- Daily notifications to be informed of a weather forecast or be warned in case of any severe alert in your region
- Up to 48 hours of detailed hourly forecasts and up to 16 days of weather forecasts for any favorite location
- Ability to choose the app's text size according to your preferences and needs
- Astronomic and atmospheric information about the moon and sun which affect local and global weather patterns
- Multiple detailed metrics for your favorite locations such as temperature, humidity, pressure, snow, clouds, rain and wind built into a beautiful design alongside animated weather conditions
The NOAA Radar and Weather Forecast App Premium Subscription
Join " The NOAA Radar and Weather Forecast App Premium Features Club" to get:
- Real-time premium layers such for weather events such as hurricanes, storms, lightning strikes, river and ocean observations and up to 2 weeks of temperature and precipitation outlooks
-Access to our Hurricane Tracker Tool
Access to Future Radar Mapping and additional zoom layers.
- More detailed 48 hourly forecasts
- More detailed 16 day daily forecasts
- Over 8 types of customizable notifications for today and tomorrow's forecasts, weekend forecasts for your favorite places, moon and sun cycles, severe weather alerts, and more!
- No ads
The NOAA Radar and Weather Forecast app has different subscription plans based on plan availability. Plans begin with a free trial and can be cancelled at any time.
Subscription payments are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period or trial. Subscriptions starting with a trial automatically renew for the indicated price after the trial period ends. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the trial period.
Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase ("Settings" -> "iTunes & App Store" -> "Apple ID" and select "Subscriptions")
Squashed some bugs and made the app stable like clear blue skies.
Ratings and Reviews
To those who ask why the app isn’t free
Yes your tax dollars pay for this. What happened was that the private sector weather companies (accuweather in particular) who mooch off this data lobbied to essentially make it illegal for the government to provide this data to you for free. So you can thank private sector capitalist lobbyists for making you pay even more for data that should be free. Thank your republican representatives for letting the “free market” take this data that used to be free and charge you for it or make you watch ads to view it and for keeping the government from giving it to you for free. Gotta love ‘murica amirite?
Only a 3day trial that you must cancel
Unlike the responses from the developers, you don’t get a free version.
You must accept notifications or it won’t even set the app up. As a weather spotter for Melbourne, Florida I’m always looking at new or different weather apps. Sometimes I’ll buy one that I’ve used extensively before making my decision. This app gives you three days to try and then it will automatically start charging you.
I won’t even give this app the benefit of me testing it because of this.
Those that are complaining about having to pay for an app that gets its data for free from noaa…NOAA supplies all its information free to you already. You are wanting to use a shortcut in the form of a convenient easy to use and understand app for your smartphone. That requires an app developer to spend their time, effort and money to create that app for you. Find a weather app that supplies that information free or poor quality or get it from your browser for free.
Complaining that your’re not getting something for free is poor form!
Not worth the cost
The advertising and concept makes this seem like a robust weather monitoring and notification platform, but it is unfortunately not that at all. A lot of people have left reviews about the cost and why it’s too high. I’ll just say this, there are multiple apps for much less cost than this that deliver more.
The app has very basic alert options and didn’t come close to what I expected for the cost and advertising.
I’m an employer that needs to monitor heat and smoke for my workers to meet state compliance.
- I want notifications for specific temperature ranges when they occurs BUT Not an option with this app.
- I was wanting to get active AQI updates during wildfire smoke events And once again not an option.
Not to be cruel, but I honestly thought this was a scam app after a few minutes of exploring the capabilities. I’ll explain
There are many aspects about the functionality that seem to be broken, glitchy or underdeveloped.
- The top banner that shows the temp forecast is chopped off and the high and low for the day aren’t even fully visible
- when I select fire/ smoke there is nothing that shows up on the map to show smoke
- the wind option only changes color where most every other app also shows wind direction on the various area of the map.
-temperature is also just a various color map, not points of temperature for reference.
I could go on, but I doubt the developer cares or spends much time actually using this app themselves.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Position Mobile Ltd SEZC
- 222.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Position Mobile Ltd SEZC
- In-App Purchases
- Weather Premium $5.99
- Weather Premium $2.99
- Premium Weekly With Trial $5.49
- Premium Weekly $7.49
- Weather Premium $9.99
- Premium Special Offer $2.49
- Premium Weekly $2.49
- Radar Premium $1.49
- Premium Special Offer $1.49
- Premium Special Offer $0.99