The NOAA Radar and Weather Forecast app offers you the best radar map available on the store with more than 35 real-time and hyper accurate weather layers to choose from in order to plan your perfect day, week or vacation. There is no reason for the weather to surprise you anymore, with up to 12 hours of weather layers forecast.
Use weather layers that come in high resolution and color such as:
- Tropical cyclones (hurricanes)
- Storm cells
- Lightning strikes
- Fire observations
- Air quality
- Wave heights
- Drought monitor
- Atmospheric pressure
- 14 days of temperature and precipitation forecasts
More incredible features:
- Real-time radar map updates whenever and wherever you need them
- Daily notifications to be informed of a weather forecast or be warned in case of any severe alert in your region
- Up to 48 hours of detailed hourly forecasts and up to 16 days of weather forecasts for any favorite location
- Ability to choose the app's text size according to your preferences and needs
- Astronomic and atmospheric information about the moon and sun which affect local and global weather patterns
- Multiple detailed metrics for your favorite locations such as temperature, humidity, pressure, snow, clouds, rain and wind built into a beautiful design alongside animated weather conditions
The NOAA Radar and Weather Forecast App Premium Subscription
Join " The NOAA Radar and Weather Forecast App Premium Features Club" to get:
- Real-time premium layers such for weather events such as hurricanes, storms, lightning strikes, river and ocean observations and up to 2 weeks of temperature and precipitation outlooks
-Access to our Hurricane Tracker Tool
Access to Future Radar Mapping and additional zoom layers.
- More detailed 48 hourly forecasts
- More detailed 16 day daily forecasts
- Over 8 types of customizable notifications for today and tomorrow's forecasts, weekend forecasts for your favorite places, moon and sun cycles, severe weather alerts, and more!
- No ads
The NOAA Radar and Weather Forecast app has different subscription plans based on plan availability. Plans begin with a free trial and can be cancelled at any time.
Subscription payments are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period or trial. Subscriptions starting with a trial automatically renew for the indicated price after the trial period ends. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the trial period.
Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase ("Settings" -> "iTunes & App Store" -> "Apple ID" and select "Subscriptions")
The usual bug fixing and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Learn why it costs money before you comment poorly
Yes your tax dollars pay for this. What happened was that the private sector weather companies (accuweather in particular) who mooch off this data lobbied to essentially make it illegal for the government to provide this data to you for free. So you can thank private sector capitalist lobbyists for making you pay even more for data that should be free. Thank your republican representatives for letting the "free market" take this data that used to be free and charge you for it or make you watch ads to view it and for keeping the government from giving it to you for free. Gotta love 'murica amirite?
This is a joke. It should not cost me $6 a week to make sure my kids are safe 6 weeks out of the year. It’s theft. I don’t mind paying premium on apps that have a basic free version once I know they are worth it. It typically takes me a year to determine if it’s an app I’m even going to use so it is pointless to use a “one week free trial” I delete as soon as I see it. I am not happy with this app and will continue to look for an app that lets me know of tornados in my area without me having to pay ridiculous amounts. Yes I’m irritated we are supposed to be on tornado watch the next 24 hours to the point my daughters school canceled but I am still going to have to work. I know the kids are well versed in the NOOA at home but I would have liked to know if we have any of those issues while I’m at work. So glad there are storm chasers in our area I can trust to get the news from.
To those who ask why the app isn’t free
Yes your tax dollars pay for this. What happened was that the private sector weather companies (accuweather in particular) who mooch off this data lobbied to essentially make it illegal for the government to provide this data to you for free. So you can thank private sector capitalist lobbyists for making you pay even more for data that should be free. Thank your republican representatives for letting the “free market” take this data that used to be free and charge you for it or make you watch ads to view it and for keeping the government from giving it to you for free. Gotta love ‘murica amirite?
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Position Mobile Ltd SEZC
- 210.9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Position Mobile Ltd SEZC
- In-App Purchases
- Weather Premium $5.99
- Weather Premium $2.99
- Premium Weekly With Trial $3.99
- Premium Weekly $4.99
- Weather Premium $9.99
- Premium Special Offer $1.99
- Premium Weekly $2.49
- Premium Special Offer $1.49
- Premium Special Offer $0.99
- Radar Premium $1.49