Get the fastest VPN in the world and enjoy a smooth, safe, and private connection on your Mac. NordVPN’s easy-to-use app will protect all your connected devices from snoopers tracking what you do online.
Even if you think you have nothing to hide — no one likes to be watched. That’s why you need a VPN to protect your privacy and keep your online data safe.
This is the new official listing for the NordVPN app that will be updated regularly after the 6.8.4 version.
• Your data is safe with us. We never track and store what you do online.
• Love working in coffee shops and restaurants? Make sure your data is safe on public Wi-Fi — use NordVPN and hide your online activities from cybercriminals.
• Want to be left alone? Connect to a VPN server, and no one will know where you are browsing from or what websites you visit.
• Choose from more than 5,200 VPN servers in 60 countries. The perfect one is just a click away!
• Thanks to our NordLynx VPN protocol, you’ll never have to choose between speed and security. It offers bulletproof protection for your data with speeds that are hard to beat.
• No time? No worries. Just click “Quick Connect,” and you’ll be automatically connected to the fastest and closest server in seconds.
• Only three steps to online privacy and security: download, log in, and connect. That’s it!
• Don’t overthink it: set up the app to connect automatically every time you turn on your Mac and stay safe at all times.
• Need help? Let our support agents know — they are online 24/7, ready to assist you with any issues you might have.
• One account — six devices. Use NordVPN and protect your phone, laptop, your mom’s tablet, and your roommate’s PC.
• You can protect all connected devices in your home by installing NordVPN on your Wi-Fi router.
• Need a temporary solution? Create a mobile hotspot and share the encrypted connections with your other devices.
FOR ADVANCED USERS
• Check out our Specialty Servers if you’re looking for extra protection. Double VPN and Obfuscated servers are there to match your privacy needs.
• Go to the Settings of your NordVPN app and set a custom DNS address, pick your preferred network protocol, and switch between NordLynx and OpenVPN VPN protocols.
• Use the split tunneling feature to exclude selected apps or websites from your VPN connection.
Ready to go? Try NordVPN for MacOS now!
• The payment will be charged to your Apple ID Account at confirmation of purchase.
• The subscription renews automatically unless the auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current billing period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of your selected subscription.
• Your subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal can be turned off by going to your App Store Account Settings.
• Have you already tried connecting remote devices in Meshnet, our latest big feature? Now is the perfect time to do so, as we continue to improve Meshnet with this release.
• When reporting a bug, you can now add screenshots and app logs for quicker troubleshooting.
Ratings and Reviews
New features are fantastic!
This is a revised review from the previous one. Several new features, most especially the one that immediately logs me in as soon as I am on any WiFi network, makes Nord invaluable. I’ve had none of the previous issues and love that this is a true family service. I am on my husband's plan because the app promises to be available for 6 devices and some of those can be family. Unfortunately, when I have my iPhone and/or iPad connected at home it regularly blocks our wifi signal completely. Even though my device will indicate that it's connected to our personal wifi, I won't have access to the wifi signal until I disconnect from the Nord VPN app. Then when I'm out and really need the VPN because I'm having to use unsecured wifi, the app won't take my husband's login and password from my devices. He has to intervene at some point to get the app to recognize my devices again. Since he's never had these problems (except today for the first time he had to turn the app off to bring the signal up at home), I suspect it's Nord’s attempt to get me to purchase my own app subscription. But if so that's annoying as we only have 6 devices between the two of us and I rarely use the app on more than one at a time. If not for these issues, most especially the inability to login when I'm out and about, I would give this service 5 Stars and high praise. When it works, it's INVALUABLE!
Developer Response ,
Hello, we're very sorry to hear about your experience with the VPN app. Please contact our customer support, and we'll be happy to take a closer look at the issue. Our team is online 24/7 at support.nord-help.com - A.V.
BEWARE MILITARY SERVICE MEMBERS: WORKING OVERSEAS FROM U.S. - FAILED CONNECTION
For security purposes, NordVPN was subject to be the best VPN out there to connect to the U.S.
As a customer, one would want to benefit from what the Application provides and promises you regardless of the price because the app will follow through with their intended services.
Working overseas, this app has failed to full fill its purpose as it WILL NOT allow you to connect to the U.S. None the less, connect the given VPN Configuration to Apple settings for it to automatically connect once the app has been downloaded. In regard to Windows devices, the NordVPN gives a thorough slideshow as to how to download, but even so following the instructions methodically, it’s fails to connect the VPN Configuration.
NordVPN CUSTOMER SERVICE, has FAILED to provide their services as multiple emails have been routed up their way in regard to this UNSOLVED problem. Customer Service will provide a manual VPN Configuration list for one to plug into their VPN Apple settings, but even their GUIDANCE has FAILED to connect.
Many MILITARY SERVICE MEMBERS have had NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS about this situation and have yet to solve it. There has been no refund, or money back guaranteed for their provided services. The mass majority of this incident DOES NOT intend for their money back, but intends for NordVPN to come to a CONCLUSION for a SOLUTION to maneuver through this problem.
BUYER BEWARE No header, I am a 90 day tester
I paid for a year subscription bc I read reviews on this being one of the best vpn so I was willing to pay the enormously expensive price of $100 a year but I am already annoyed. The interface is not as user friendly. There is no kill switch. There definitely should be a signal header to show customers that the vpn is active bc all others that aren't even close to this price has a notification header that shows it to be active so I don't have to check while streaming. Going forward I now expect to lose my money but I have a website that I will post a worldwide review of the claims and finding after testing the effectiveness of this vpn for 90 days. Our office was recommended to try this vpn out and so far I am not seeing how this can charge so much without a kill switch or icon headers next to the connection to notify users that the software is doing its job. If updates are made or anything is found I will keep updating my review for potential customers to be aware all the while preparing the review that will go viral if this vpn service is not what is claimed to be. I have already taken all names of websites and their articles claiming this vpn is the best. Hopefully I don't have to prove them wrong but however I would have to make my money back outing Nordvpn if necessary.
Update: I change my review to up two stars bc I did see the vpn notification icon up top. I want to give it four stars so far.
Developer Response ,
Hello! The kill switch is simply “Connect on demand” iOS feature implemented into the application. Connect on Demand feature can be enabled by applying the following instructions:
1) Open the Settings menu.
2) Open the General menu.
3) Select the VPN cell.
4) Tap on the blue “i” icon next to your VPN name.
5) Turn on the Connect On Demand toggle switch.
What is more, you should see the “VPN” icon on the top left part of the Control Center if you're connected to a server of ours. Let us know if this information helps! -L.L.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nordvpn S.A.
- 71.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © NordVPN SA
- In-App Purchases
- 12-Month Plan $83.99
- 1 year plan for the best price $99.99
- 1-Month Plan $11.99
- 1 Month $11.99
- 1-month plan $11.99
- 12-Month Plan $78.99
- 30 Day Subscription $11.99
- 1 Year $83.99
- 12-month plan and a gift $83.99
- 12-month VPN subscription $98.99