Learn to sight read sheet music with this simple note training app. Great for kids and adults trying to learn how to read sheet music by sight. Just play for a minute or two each day and be amazed by how much improved your site reading becomes.
The app is super simple: see how many notes you can correctly identify within the time limit.
Flash card training exercises are completely configurable for ability covering all the main key signatures. Sound effects from a choice of instruments help train your ear as well as eye.
Music teacher? The app is an excellent companion for your students. The play history allows you to review how well and how often your students are practicing. Set them a challenge to beat their high score before the next lesson!
NoteBrainer has the following great features:
* Full key signature coverage - choose how many to train with
* Treble and bass clef - play both or either depending on your instrument
* Quality instrument sounds - choose from piano, guitar, violin, viola, cello, harp, recorder, flute, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, sax, organ or even bagpipes!
* Assistant modes to help learn notes
* Key signature highlighting - indicates which keys in the key signature are valid to help gain signature familiarity
* English and romantic solfège - C, D, E... or Do, Re, Mi... you choose!
* Sound only mode - see how many notes you can identify by sound only
* Play history - view all your previous exercises, try to beat your high score
* External compatible midi keyboard support
* Universal - works great on both your iPhone or iPad
* Free - So why not send me some great feedback and improvement suggestions
If you have any feedback, suggestions or improvements you would like to see in the app please do not hesitate to contact me via the web site or Facebook. I am open to all and any ideas.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Support for external midi keyboard. Fixed crashing bug at game start.
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely the best for improving sight reading speed!
James, you’re the best for making and releasing this for free! My sight reading has always been hampered by learning “Every Good Boy Does Fine” and “Great Big Dogs Fight Animals” as a child, and I still use those crutches to find the right note most of the time. I’m using your app to shed that thinking and wire the note to the key by practicing. This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!
Please, app creator, I beg
This app is fine, the only one I’m sticking with out of a plethora I’ve tried but also there are three things I beg of you.
1. As other have said, at least 1 additional octave on the piano. This is my least concern. My big ask is #3. Having a 3rd octave or an option for a 3rd octave would make this app excellent.
2. The back button on the play history tab doesn’t work?? I think it’s up too high on the screen to be responsive or something…at times I’m having to quit the app and restart to get back to the Home Screen.
3. This is it. This is the one. I fully expect this to be ignored and I’ve never asked for anything from an app developer a day in my life so here I present my boon request. I really really really really really wish there was a stopwatch option instead of a timer option. As someone trying to focus on accuracy, I’d rather time UP and try to beat a time to see how many ACCURATE notes I can get, rather than feel panic at only having 10 seconds to select any notes at all. Or additionally, a non timed accuracy streak option.
That’s it. Thank you for the help learning music, it really has been valuable for my skills, if not my anxiety. Bless and have a good day🙏
Best App for Reading Music!!
Not only is this a brilliant resource for learning how to read, you can also fine then your ear! On top of that, it’s free!! I couldn’t have asked for another feature and all of them work great. I would HIGHLY recommend this app to pretty much anyone that wants to learn and understand a bit more about the notes that they are playing.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- James Buchanan
- 58.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 James Buchanan