Learn to sight read sheet music with this simple note training app. Great for kids and adults trying to learn how to read sheet music by sight. Just play for a minute or two each day and be amazed by how much improved your site reading becomes.
The app is super simple: see how many notes you can correctly identify within the time limit.
Flash card training exercises are completely configurable for ability covering all the main key signatures. Sound effects from a choice of instruments help train your ear as well as eye.
Music teacher? The app is an excellent companion for your students. The play history allows you to review how well and how often your students are practicing. Set them a challenge to beat their high score before the next lesson!
NoteBrainer has the following great features:
* Full key signature coverage - choose how many to train with
* Treble and bass clef - play both or either depending on your instrument
* Quality instrument sounds - choose from piano, guitar, violin, viola, cello, harp, recorder, flute, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, sax, organ or even bagpipes!
* Assistant modes to help learn notes
* Key signature highlighting - indicates which keys in the key signature are valid to help gain signature familiarity
* English and romantic solfège - C, D, E... or Do, Re, Mi... you choose!
* Sound only mode - see how many notes you can identify by sound only
* Play history - view all your previous exercises, try to beat your high score
* External compatible midi keyboard support
* Universal - works great on both your iPhone or iPad
* Free - So why not send me some great feedback and improvement suggestions
If you have any feedback, suggestions or improvements you would like to see in the app please do not hesitate to contact me via the web site or Facebook. I am open to all and any ideas.
Support for external midi keyboard. Fixed crashing bug at game start.
Ratings and Reviews
Well worth spending the time to learn to read music. This application has helped me learn to sight read music and enjoy playing the Piano now that I can read music. Before I was fumbling trying to read music and fun in the keys. Highly recommended.
The sound disappeared
This app started out really well. However after I had it for a day or two, the sound stopped working and I couldn’t hear the note that was shown. I deleted it then reinstalled it but the results were the same. I would really like to use this app but without the sound it’s not useful to me. Can someone fix this please.
Developer Response ,
The sounds turn off if the phone has the silent mode switch enabled. I think this is the problem you are seeing. Also sound effects can be toggled in the settings (but still wont play in silent mode).
It's a lot of fun. But; I get nervous at times and make mistakes. After many years of loving to sing and listen to music, I’m finally learning how to read the notes instead of having to depend on having someone play a song/ or sing a song for me first.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.