New full iOS & iPadOS 15 support: Scribble mode, side by side editing, new papers and more! Designed for Pencil, Touch,Mouse & Keyboard! (iOS 13&14 fully supported too!)
Type, handwrite, annotate, draw, highlight, scan & record notes and documents. Annotate PDFs, fill forms and sign documents. Create your Notebooks (binders) & tree-like projects. The way you like.
Business professionals, students, teachers, writers, doctors, journalists, academics and more use Notes Writer daily to store and create notes, annotations, memos, signed PDFs, papers, highlighted PDF text-books, recorded lectures and more.
With Notes Writer you can:
+ ANNOTATE PDFs. FILL FORMS. SIGN DOCUMENTS.
· Take notes or annotate using Apple Pencil (or other styluses) or type with keyboard
· Insert web-clips, clipart, figures and math equations in your handwritten notes
· PDF Annotations: highlight, strikeout, underline, comments, voice notes, pencil, ball-pen, stamp, sign...
· Fill out forms. Supports PDF AcroForms standard
· Sign with your own signature documents, contracts, forms
· Split view: Open two PDFs or handwritten notes simultaneously on screen. Compare or use them as book and paper
+ DOCUMENT & PDF PAGE EDITOR
· Add new pages, copy&paste from other documents, re-arrange, rotate or delete them easily
· Add new pages from 100s of pre-defined templates with different paper styles and sizes
· Drag and drop pages from other apps
+ WRITE. EDIT. FORMAT
· Write Everywhere: Use Notes Writer as an stand-alone writing app even if you don’t have a computer or you are offline in the wilds
· Now enhanced for the Apple Pencil and wireless keyboards like Smart Keyboard for iPad
· Create rich text format (RTF), PDF, LaTeX and advanced Markdown (MD) documents
· Advanced word-processor formatting: Highlight, strikethrough, subscript/superscript, alignment, line spacing, first-line indent, page breaks, footnotes, comments, text & paper color
· Define margins, headers/footers, paper sizes, MLA and APA style format
· Markdown engine supports tables, footnotes, lists, images, links, highlight, strikethrough, superscript and MathML
· Live counters: characters, words, sentences, lines, Avg. Word length, Words per sentence & reading time
· Text to Speech for proofreading
· Dictation lets you speak text instead of typing
· Typewriter: Distraction-Free mode, letting you focus on what you’re writing
· Night mode to help you writing at night
· Find and replace
· Insert special symbols arrows, maths, bullets/stars, GPS location, etc.
· Over 30 languages typing support including Japanese, Chinese, Arabic & Hebrew
· Extra keys: tab, forward delete, cursor up/down/left/right, etc.
+ ORGANIZE. STRUCTURE. FIND.
· Organize your work in unlimited notebooks, folders and subfolders
· Create notebooks and projects in your own tree-like structure: Sections, Classes, Lectures, Grades, Drafts, Folders, Chapters, Research, etc.
· Sync your notebooks and projects with the popular Scrivener writing software for Mac and Windows
· Design the cover of your notebooks
+ SCAN DOCUMENTS. RESEARCH. PDF LIBRARY
· Full PDF reader and manager included for reference files, text books, ebooks, articles, resources, papers, etc.
· Use the camera of your iPad/iPhone to scan documents, notes, recipes, tickets, etc. as PDF
· Open PowerPoint, Word and Excel files
+ SHARE NOTES. EXPORT PDF, HTML…
· Open attachments directly from the Mail app
· Sync via iCloud, Dropbox, Box, WebDAV and Google Drive
· Convert to multiple formats RTF, Markdown, LaTeX,PDF, ePub, HTML, RTFD, TXT, etc.
· Wi-Fi File Transfer between iPad/iPhone and your computer
· Zip folders/notebooks and email them
+ USEFUL MINI-APPS
· Calendar: Full calendar with events and alerts for your writer appointments, reminders, deadlines, etc.
· Font Book: Preview all the fonts and install new ones (TrueType). Over 120 high quality fonts included!
· Sketcher: Hand draw and make simple graphic compositions
+ AUTOMATIC BACKUPS. BE SAFE. PROTECT YOUR WORK
· Protect your work with an app security passcode
· Protect any folder or project with a passcode
· Automatic Backups of your notes and notebooks
What's New on this new free update 15.0.7?
- Full support for the new iOS and iPadOS 15 !
- Improved support for Apple Pencil 1 and 2
- Improved support for new multitasking modes Split View and Slide Over.
- Better rich text boxes on your notes!
- PDF pages with transparent background are now supported.
- Improved zoom out of PDF pages.
- Improved support for Office documents to PDF conversion.
- Improved laser pointer and ZOOM/Skype presentation mode.
- Fixed minor bugs and improved performance.
***** Thanks for all the helpful feedback! If you like Notes Writer, please take the time to give us a nice review: it really helps. NOTE: If you have any comments or issues, please contact us directly via our help center on www.noteswriter.com *****
Ratings and Reviews
Best note taking app ever!
Wow! Where should I begin? This is the best note taking app ive ever had! You can do everything on it! It’s works with the Apple Pencil perfectly. It’s the most best ever! For anyone that is reading this and have not downloaded it yet, well you really need to get it. I went to school and wrote down my notes (also yes we are allowed to take our iPads with Apple Pencil to school and write down notes instead of using a note book) on my iPad and my teacher goes “oh what app is that I’ve been looking at your iPad all day and wondering what app the is cause I really need it!” And told her and she went to her desk got her iPad and downloaded it! (Everyone in my class has this app on there iPad to use it and take down notes) this is just the best app ever! I love it❤️😘💜💕🖤
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Notes Writer Team
I like this app overall but after using it for a while I have a few bugs that NEED to be fixed
1) Erasing!!! I take my notes on the dark paper, and when you write in white pen, your notes disappear for some reason. I have to just guess where my handwriting is and it’s super frustrating.
2) Cutting function! Selecting multiple pen marks is not useful at all because the app automatically groups all of the things you drew into seemingly random groups. If I want to move two words out of a sentence I wrote, I can’t because notes writer groups the whole sentence together and there’s no way to select only those words. The cutting function needs to be able to select the exact pen marks you are selecting and nothing more.
3) adding pages ! I’ve recently noticed that when I add pages it takes forever to load. If I am taking notes during class I can’t wait an extra 30 seconds for a new page to load I will miss many notes
Handy but is it enough?
I’ve been using this app along with Scrivener to write my book. At first it was great, while I couldn’t add more documents — which i was fine with — the app did what it said it did. Everything was fantastic, until the syncing. For starters, it takes awfully long to sync between the two devices (using Dropbox), which I told myself I could deal with. Until Notes Writer started overwriting files with contents from another file. A recent example: it overwrote a file that had my project notes with the text from my outline. This also happened with several scenes I had written, and some notes on world building — which, in this case, was overwritten with an opener for a chapter I had written recently.
If this had happened once, I would have let it go, maybe I’d made a mistake. But this has been happening ever since I installed the app. I can’t just keep losing my content because the developers didn’t work on this feature well enough.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kairoos Solutions S.L.
- 313.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Kairoos Solutions
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.