nRF Connect for Mobile 4+
The #1 Bluetooth LE utility
Nordic Semiconductor ASA
Designed for iPad
nRF Connect is a powerful generic tool that allows you to scan and explore your Bluetooth Low Energy (henceforth Bluetooth LE, also called Bluetooth Version 4.0+ of the Bluetooth specification) devices and communicate with them.
nRF Connect also allows your iOS device to advertise as a peripheral, with full support of many of Bluetooth SIG adopted profiles.
Additionally, nRF Connect supports Nordic Semiconductor’s Device Firmware Update profile (DFU) capabilities, allowing you to update compatible peripherals!
• Supports DFU on all Nordic Semiconducto-powered devices.
• Supports Nordic Thingy™ from Nordic Semiconductor.
• Scan and discover nearby Bluetooth LE peripherals.
• Filter Scanned Peripherals by Name, Manufacturer, Services (Advertised & Connected) and RSSI Level.
• Parsing Multiple Formats of Bluetooth LE Advertisement Data.
• Live RSSI Chart of Scanned Bluetooth LE Peripherals.
• Complete iPad Support, including Multi-Tasking and Mouse Support as of 13.4.
• Logs: Including BLE Function calls, and Export Function as CSV and Text.
• Privacy-Oriented: Full-Disclosure of Scanned Data, Advertised Data, and User-Performed Actions held by nRF Connect.
• Connecting to Any Connectable Bluetooth LE Smart Device.
• Discovery of Services, Characteristics and Descriptors.
• Read and Write Characteristics and Descriptors.
• Enable and Disable Notifications and Indications.
• Advertising as a Bluetooth LE Peripheral.
• Setting up a Bluetooth LE (Peripheral) Server and Notifying/Indicating back to connected Central(s).
• Low-Fat: nRF Connect for iOS is Very Small, so You Can Always Keep Us With You!
• iOS 9.0 and above.
nRF Connect also works with our Development Kits, which you may acquire online here:
You've read this before, but this is mostly fixes for all the Crash reports we've been seeing. For more information check 'What's New'.
Ratings and Reviews
Hitting terrible bug
thanks for the app.
I’m working on a bluetooth device
nrf Connect is caching the GATT table. I can’t get it to download the new GATT table! It always shows the old one!
I tried deleting the app. Disabling icloud. changing device name. None of it works, the GATT table is still the old one.
What did work was using my partners phone. I imagine my partners phone will later hit the same issue though.
Don’t download update if you need device logging
I (somewhat unfortunately) decided to install the updated version that was released 08/19, based on the fact that even though the release notes said there were major changes, no features were noted as being removed.
However, with the latest version you can no longer see (or share) a raw log of all the data being passed back from registered characteristics.
I emailed the developers and they said we could expect it in several updates, but as I told them also it’s kinda sad to remove a major feature during a huge development process and also at least not warn anyone 😥
Aside from that, the new design is better, although I wish I could drag the connected sensor drawer full screen or card like as it will be in iOS 13.
Developer Response ,
Edit: Logging is back in 2.3!
We're sorry for the massive inconvenience that we've caused you.
We made the mistake of believing that logging was such a hidden feature in the previous version that we could release 2.0 without it. Our pile of feedback and fixes is so big we wish we could do it all at one time, but sadly we can't.
Again, we're very sorry, and hope to have the feature re-introduced as soon as possible. Thanks for taking your time to review our new version.
Can’t really disconnect from peripherals
When taping “disconnect”, iPhone is not actually disconnected from peripherals. After that, if perform another “scan”, won’t be able to find the previous peripheral. Because it is not disconnected thus not advertising.
This seems like a common issue for BLE debugger app for iOS. Maybe it’s some iOS strange mechanism.
But I’d like to be informed when tapping that “disconnect” button, rather than wasting time on locating it myself.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nordic Semiconductor ASA
- 11.1 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Nordic Semiconductor ASA