nRF Connect is a powerful generic tool that allows you to scan and explore your Bluetooth Low Energy (henceforth Bluetooth LE, also called Bluetooth Version 4.0+ of the Bluetooth specification) devices and communicate with them.
nRF Connect also allows your iOS device to advertise as a peripheral, with full support of many of Bluetooth SIG adopted profiles.
Additionally, nRF Connect supports Nordic Semiconductor’s Device Firmware Update profile (DFU) capabilities, allowing you to update compatible peripherals!
• Supports DFU on all Nordic Semiconducto-powered devices.
• Supports Nordic Thingy™ from Nordic Semiconductor.
• Scan and discover nearby Bluetooth LE peripherals.
• Filter Scanned Peripherals by Name, Manufacturer, Services (Advertised & Connected) and RSSI Level.
• Parsing Multiple Formats of Bluetooth LE Advertisement Data.
• Live RSSI Chart of Scanned Bluetooth LE Peripherals.
• Complete iPad Support, including Multi-Tasking and Mouse Support as of 13.4.
• Logs: Including BLE Function calls, and Export Function as CSV and Text.
• Privacy-Oriented: Full-Disclosure of Scanned Data, Advertised Data, and User-Performed Actions held by nRF Connect.
• Connecting to Any Connectable Bluetooth LE Smart Device.
• Discovery of Services, Characteristics and Descriptors.
• Read and Write Characteristics and Descriptors.
• Enable and Disable Notifications and Indications.
• Advertising as a Bluetooth LE peripheral.
• Low-Fat: nRF Connect for iOS is Very Small,so You Can Always Keep Us With You!
• iOS 9.0 and above.
nRF Connect also works with our Development Kits, which you may acquire online here:
You asked for them! You asked for them so much, that we dedicated a full release just for it. Logging is back !
# Feature Shortlist
• Export Logs; this allows you to export Advertising Data or RSSI Data of a device you’ve scanned.
• Scanner Device Selection: in RSSI, on an iPhone, tapping on a Device selects it, rather than open it. You can now do the same from the Scanner tab by tapping on a Device’s icon.
• Native iPad Mouse/Trackpad Support (requires iOS 13.4)
• Redesigned Scanner Filter User Interface.
• New “Exclusive” Scanner Filters: old Filters are now named ‘Inclusive’, because they decide which devices are added, whereas Exclusive filters decide which ones to remove.
• DFU McuMgr Swap Time Setting.
• Online UUID Repository: Check https://github.com/NordicSemiconductor/bluetooth-numbers-database if you’d like to add GATT Attributes to the online Database nRF Connect queries on startup.
• Full list of Crashes, Fixes and User Interface Details available from the 'What’s New’ Dialog when you open the app.
nRF Connect doesn't prompt you for reviews. We value your time and know you might need to make use of our tool in times of pressure. That being said, if you feel good about us and want to perform a gesture, please leave us a review. It helps us a lot. Thank you so much in advance. :-)
To contact us, holler us on Twitter @NordicTweets. You can also use our DevZone forums (https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/) where you will receive quick support for your inquiries.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Wish it had the features like the Android version
Works pretty well, but the Android version has a lot more functionality. Make the iOS version like that!
Don’t download update if you need device logging
I (somewhat unfortunately) decided to install the updated version that was released 08/19, based on the fact that even though the release notes said there were major changes, no features were noted as being removed.
However, with the latest version you can no longer see (or share) a raw log of all the data being passed back from registered characteristics.
I emailed the developers and they said we could expect it in several updates, but as I told them also it’s kinda sad to remove a major feature during a huge development process and also at least not warn anyone 😥
Aside from that, the new design is better, although I wish I could drag the connected sensor drawer full screen or card like as it will be in iOS 13.
Developer Response ,
Edit: Logging is back in 2.3!
We're sorry for the massive inconvenience that we've caused you.
We made the mistake of believing that logging was such a hidden feature in the previous version that we could release 2.0 without it. Our pile of feedback and fixes is so big we wish we could do it all at one time, but sadly we can't.
Again, we're very sorry, and hope to have the feature re-introduced as soon as possible. Thanks for taking your time to review our new version.
This is the most feature rich and smartest BLE scanner anywhere
I've worked with BLE devices now for about a decade, focused on the engineering side.
This app is the very best I've seen and used, not to mention the team behind it is truly on it ball and always making key and important improvements.
Most apps you only see bug fixes and updates to allow for New OS.
But real advances are rare.
These guys are always innovating so keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!
Developer Response ,
Better late than never: thank you!
- Nordic Semiconductor ASA
- 31.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Nordic Semiconductor ASA
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.