*** Brought to you by the team behind the internationally acclaimed educational star gazing app - Star Chart ***
Dare you enter the quantum world of Nuclear? Where things are not just stranger than you might imagine, but stranger than you can imagine! Witness the interplay of energies and physics at the tiniest of scales as you learn to play, discover and explore the chemical elements at the atomic level.
Nuclear is a high tech educational application that dynamically models an interactive atom in a beautiful and intuitive way. In Nuclear, you get to build all the elements of the periodic table via a simple mechanic of adding and subtracting the atomic building blocks of neutrons, protons and electrons. The goal of the app is to let you learn about each of the elements of the periodic table by constructing a stable version of that element. Once a stable element has been created, it is unlocked in the periodic table. Can you create and unlock them all?
This app has been designed for all types of users: from children interested in learning through play about what matter is made of and how it works, to teachers looking for an intuitive and exciting way to help educate others on chemical elements.
Nuclear lets you:
* Learn about the atom through this stunning 3D visualisation.
* Explore the effects of manipulating matter at the atomic level.
* Add or subtract protons, electrons or neutrons to create virtually any base chemical element.
* Create and watch as unstable isotopes decay into more stable elements.
* Through tactile exploration grasp an understanding of what we and everything around us is made of.
- Please note the initial app allows you to create and unlock the first 54 elements for free. The remaining elements can be unlocked via a small in-app purchase.
Nuclear is continually being developed, so please feel free to let us know your thoughts and feedback. We will endeavour to expand and improve Nuclear, incorporating customer feedback wherever possible. Contact us at: Nuclear@EscapistGames.com
Don't forget to check out our other great Educational App - Star Chart.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Fixed UI issue: sometimes wrong number of shells were shown over Atom.
Fixed some elements being mis-categorized
Ratings and Reviews
Great use of Tech!
This app is super cool! I love the high definition graphics and interactive nature! This is a great app to use in my classroom to teach my students about the periodic table. Students add protons, neutrons, and electrons to make the different elements on the periodic table. As they create these elements the app instructs them about how elements are created and demonstrates what happens if elements become unbalanced. As the participant creates the element it is placed on the periodic table. Participants unlock each element as they build it! The free version only allows you to create the first 56 elements, but it would be a great buy for anyone using this app for science instruction/learning. After the element is created it also gives you characteristics and info about the element. Great science find!!
Excellent graphics, great learning aid, and the explosions are fun!
Why put nonsense games on your phone for your kids, when you can put this app & Star Chart on it & add some inadvertent education when they get their screen time?
With modern tech offering so many options to consume your time (and money) with nothing to show for it but the passage of time, it's really satisfying when your elementary-age kid comes up to you & asks for your phone to play Nuclear or Star Chart, especially when other electronic gaming options are around for them. (on Mom's phone, even)
Future enhancements to think about:
• have the decay "explosions" reflect some relative, approximate amount of binding energy released. (Currently all decays look pretty much the same.)
• I don't know how this works, but presently you can add electrons to an isotope until the cows come home (or until it decays.)
• I think it would be interesting to see some indication of effort needed to add each additional partial. (Ideally, the user would have to >exert< a relative amount of energy appropriate & proportionate to the addition, but I have no idea how this could be implemented.). For an indication of energy consumed to add a particulate, I'd suggest some spectrum/thermometer bar indicator deftly harmonized into the display.
Really cool just, one thing…
Really cool! I love this app and it’s very fun. But there’s one problem, and ONLY ONE. To get out of the screen which shows you the element you discovered, you can’t just click ok. You have to exit that window from your iPad, and that’s really annoying. Please fix this! Otherwise, I suggest you click everything and discover element. Very fun 🤩 get it now!!!
The developer, ESCAPE VELOCITY LIMITED, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- ESCAPE VELOCITY LIMITED
- 57.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Escape Velocity
- In-App Purchases
- Build All Elements $2.99
- Discover All $4.99
- Discover Your Table $2.99