NYC Bus Checker brings you live bus times, smart journey planning and detailed route maps for all of New York. Right to your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
With official MTA-licensed support for bus and subway, NYC Bus Checker has you covered, no matter where you need to go in New York.
• Live times at all of New York’s 15,000+ bus stops
• Use your Apple Watch to view an Instant Departure Board or track your planned journeys.
• Plan a journey anywhere in NYC by bus, subway, rail and more
• Get live times in your Notification Center with the Bus Checker widget
• Explore 3D route maps for all NYC Bus Routes - see exactly where your bus goes.
• Download official MTA bus and subway maps - get around underground
• Never miss your stop again with Stop Alerts
• Get real-time CitiBike dock info
• Be one step ahead with updates on detours, closures and cancellations
• Save your favorite stops, routes and places for easy access
• Featured on BBC Click, Telegraph Online, The Independent, Cosmopolitan and Wired UK
• “If you regularly ride a bus, then you should not leave home without Bus Checker” - The Guardian
Problems with the app?
Please read through our FAQs at www.buschecker.com
For more help, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our helpful support team on twitter @nycbuschecker or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bus Checker is a registered trademark of FatAttitude Limited
- Data provided by official MTA feeds
- MTA logo and maps are used with permission
- Bus Checker can send anonymous usage stats and crash reports to us so that we can improve the app; no personally identifiable information is collected or transmitted
- Fixes issue where Apple Watch app doesn’t display arrivals information for some stops.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app - a must have in NY
If you ride the bus but hate it's unpredictability this is the solution. Tells you the time it will take pretty accurately and everything is displayed on a map that can geo locate you. Only thing I would like to see is an overlay map that shows you the route of a selected bus.
Sometimes this app works but most of y time it’s WAY off. For example, I left my apartment 10 minutes ago when the app said the bus was 8 minutes away. After 10 minutes of waiting the app still says it’s 8 minutes away. This happens every other time I use this app. Buses also disappear from the app. The app will say a bus is five minutes away and a minute later that bus has been removed from the cue and the next one is 10 to 20 minutes away.
Best but could be better
Best bus app for NYC I’ve seen but doesn’t say much since the rest are terrible. Seems to have the easiest interface but wish the default was to zoom in closer to my current location. Bus times are mostly but not always accurate. Same with bus stop locations. I use it daily. Great customer service.
- UrbanThings Limited
- 95.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © UrbanThings
- In-App Purchases
- Remove the Ads $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.