Observer Pro is an indispensable app for advanced astronomy observing and astrophotography planning. No more guessing when that galaxy emerges from behind that tree. No more estimating how many hours you'll be able to image an object. Observer Pro gives every astronomer the info they need to make the most of their observing right at their fingertips!
What astronomers are saying:
"Every astronomer with an iPhone should own this app!"
- Astronomy Technology Today magazine
"Observer Pro is the most impressive astronomy app that I have tried out. I enthusiastically commend it to you!"
- Tom Mote, Professor Emeritus, Astronomy
"I have been using it since the day it first became available and I cannot live without it now."
- Sedat B., Cloudy Nights forum
• Over 14,000 deep sky objects included, all with closeup reference photos. No need to download anything after install! Sorting and search make it easy to sift through all of them to find which objects belong on your observing list.
• Measure your local horizon profile in minutes with your iPhone.
• Unique charts completely take the guesswork out of predicting object visibility. Your house, trees, mountains, or any other obstructions are completely factored in to all visibility charts.
• New to astronomy? The Featured object list shows a list of objects specific to your location and local horizon that are great for observing right now.
• Keep a list of your favorite observing sites, each with their own local horizon profile. Compare object visibility between sites to find the best spot to setup your scope.
• There's a lot to observe! Observer Pro gives you a place to maintain a list of your favorite objects as well as an observing list that you can take with you to the eyepiece (red-screen night mode is included).
• 7Timer! astronomical weather forecasts for your observing sites are viewable without leaving Observer Pro. They give you the outlook on cloud cover, seeing, transparency, and more. (The weather screen can also be configured to show your favorite weather URL.)
• Simple and intuitive interface makes all these powerful features readily accessible. You don't need to be a Certified Astro Geek to use it (but if you are, you'll appreciate the efficiency)!
• Check out the in-app tutorial (in Settings) to learn more about how to use the many features that come with Observer Pro.
Keep up-to-date with the latest news at the Observer Pro blog:
Finder View: The object Finder View now has an extended zoom range with support for visualizing the object image overlaid with custom camera and eyepiece field-of-view indicators.
Sort: New sort options in object lists to make it easier to find the perfect object to observe. Imagers will find that sorting by hours of unobstructed visibility particularly useful! Object lists also now support context previews and menus under iOS 13 (tap and hold an object in the list).
Horizon Measurement: Local horizon measurement accuracy has been greatly improved. You can now also export and import horizon profiles in more convenient ways, including to/from the Files app as well as exporting a PNG for use in SkySafari.
Light Theme: For iOS 13 users who are not fans of dark mode, Observer Pro now has a light UI option. Check the Appearance options in the Observer Pro settings screen.
Plus numerous bug fixes and small enhancements. In particular, the default astronomical weather forecast now loads correctly.
Bewertungen und RezensionenAlle anzeigen
Outstanding app I love how I can trace my
Tree lines. I use this a lot to plan observing. But I'd love to see frame size (field of view) to see which scope would be best for a selected target. My 80mm apo or My 8" RC. One has focal length of 480 the other around 1500. I wish I could see the target size in my preset views. I also wish the photos were in color. Though that may make the app huge. Still would be worth it to me as I'd delete a lot of other apps for this one if expanded. I also wish there was a faster way to page down through hundreds of dso's in some of the larger catalogs. Flicking a finger up is tiring and slow. Still works so well at helping me see (what's in view) I have to give 5 star rating. I've bought over a thousand apps. Rarely use any one of them. This is the one worth buying an apple device for. I would also like to see the moon in SkyView. I see the curve and the sky is not as dark, but would like to see moon coming and going... is it behind my tree line? This is also where it would be great to zoom in on the circle in the path of sky view and see. Photo of target with scope focal length size?
Valuable astronomy observation planning app
The app is simple compared with many of the Windows observation planning applications, but it does exactly what I need. It provides an easy to use view of what objects are above my local horizon (it lets you easily produce a local horizon file using the iPhone camera) and also shows viewing conditions for the object taking into account daylight and moonlight. These last two capabilities are great and are things my windows observation planning apps cannot do.
Well worth the price for this app!
Amazing, intuitive and well executed app
Having stepped away from desktop planetarium software and backyard observing for about 15 years, I'm again turning my attention to it seriously. I was looking for an app that would assist me in picking a site for a backyard observatory, and wanted to plot my local horizon to determine what objects I'd be able to observe and image. I assumed I'd need a desktop program to do this. No! Just my iPhone! THIS APP IS AMAZING. Not only is it incredibly useful to plot the local horizon and plan observing sessions, but the visualization graphs are incredibly intuitive and useful! Congratulations on an extremely well executed program. I look forward to years of use! Thank you!
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.