Control your 3D printer with this free open source OctoPrint client application from your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV and Siri. You can securely monitor and control your printers from anywhere.
- Manage multiple printers with up to 5 extruders. Includes dashboard to monitor all printers at once
- Watch multiple webcams live including full screen & zoom in/out
- Use 'OctoPrint plugin for OctoPod' to get iPhone and watch notifications
- Apple Watch support including complications
- Apple TV app to monitor and control your printers from a TV
- Siri support to control and monitor printers
- Palette 2 integration. Control your P2/P from the iOS app or via Siri
- Automatically discover OctoPrint installations when adding new printers
- See files preview/thumbnail. Requires PrusaSlicer Thumbnails or Ultimaker Format Package plugins
- Use Today Widget to quickly monitor all your printers
- Get alerts when new OctoPrint plugin updates or new versions of OctoPrint are available
- Protect your prints using "App Locked" mode (aka read-only mode)
- Monitor progress of current print
- Start, stop, pause, resume, restart and cancel prints
- Set and monitor temperatures of extruders, bed and heated chamber
- Move X, Y, Z and E axis while watching the printer
- Control fan speed, flow rate, feed rate and disable each individual motor
- Watch live temp chart with Temp history
- OctoPrint's System Commands support
- Watch terminal and send arbitrary GCode commands
- Internationalization and localization: English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Norwegian, Czech, Swedish and Russian languages supported
- Synchronization of printers between iOS devices
- File management support
- iCloud integration. Print files from iCloud/Google Drive/Dropbox/Box
- Print from files stored in OctoPrint or SD Card
- Custom Controls support
- Cancel Object plugin support
- DisplayLayerProgress plugin support
- Enclosure plugin support
- Filament Manager plugin support
- Turn on/off PSU (requires PSU Control plugin)
- Turn on/off TPLink plugs (requires TPLink Smart plug plugin)
- Turn on/off Domoticz switches (requires Domoticz plugin)
- Turn on/off Belkin Wemo switches (requires Wemo plugin)
- Turn on/off Tasmota switches (requires Tasmota plugin)
- Includes Basic and Digest HTTP Authentication when running behind a reverse proxy
- Use iOS Dark Mode or choose your favorite UI theme
- iOS accessibility support for bigger fonts
- Access OctoPrint's web UI from the app
Source code is open and available to the community: https://github.com/gdombiak/OctoPod.
FAQ can be found here: https://github.com/gdombiak/OctoPod/wiki/FAQ-using-the-app
App Preview Music: https://www.bensound.com
NEW: Estimated Completion Time is now displayed on Watch App
NEW: Added Split View and Slide Over support for iPad. Thanks Andrew Jackson
NEW: New Printer setting to show/hide camera. Ideal for OctoPrint instances with no cameras
NEW: Printed files appear in green and cancelled or failed ones in red
FIXED: Prompt setting configuration was not properly saved
FIXED: File details was not showing proper size
FIXED: Improve contrast of Light theme
FIXED: App Crash when overlaying info over video
UPDATED: Chart library updated
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Wish I would have tried this first. Best app!
They’ve already added push notifications based on specified layers and progress. This is absolutely the app to get.
I’ve been using Octoclient for 2 years and paid for pro. I just found this app because I’ve been disappointed with what octoclient had to offer. This app is so much better. With push messages, watch app, and gcode it’s really nice. Only one thing is missing to make this perfect and that’s a visual gcode viewer like Octoprint offers on their UI. If that could be added this app would be close to perfect. Perfect would be the ability to send a custom push notification based on what layer the print is on.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for this nice review!!! In the coming release I added the ability to track the current layer. I now opened this ticket https://github.com/gdombiak/OctoPrint-OctoPod/issues/37 for your great idea of being notified when reaching certain layers. Thanks
Fantastic tool for monitoring 3D printing!
I’ve only been 3D printing for about 4 weeks, but this app has made monitoring so much easier. I like being able to view the webcam and see my print status while away from the printer. Intuitive to use with a good amount of detail like temperature, print completion status ( % and time ) , layer height, full screen webcam and custom command.
The only thing missing for me is the capability to see my time lapse or octolapse videos. Please consider adding in a future update! Thanks for all your work in simplifying my 3D life!
Love it! But it needs improvements.
I love this app a lot and I love the Apple Watch integration, but I feel it’s with its flaws. The design doesn’t really work with iOS 12 and the app has a hard time keeping up with modern features on iPhones. Maybe better themes for OLED and better Siri shortcuts? Plus a full redesign would be amazing for the app. Don’t get me wrong, the app is awesome, but it just needs improvements.
- Gaston Dombiak
- 30.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2020 Gaston Dombiak
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.