OgStar Reading® Syllables & Beyond introduces students to the very important “6 Syllable Types” and “Morphology: Prefixes and Suffixes” parts of the Orton-Gillingham Approach. Reading, writing, and spelling activities included in this app are multisensory and cumulative.
• Phonological awareness
• Systematic/synthetic phonics
• Multisensory sound/symbol associations
• Multisensory reading and writing with the “6 Syllable Types”
• Word building with prefixes and suffixes
• Visual-auditory-kinesthetic-tactile reading and writing of sight words
• Oral reading of phonetically-controlled words and sentences
• Finger tracing and writing of syllables, words, and sentences
• Oral reading fluency activities
OgStar Reading® Syllables & Beyond builds critical syllabication and morphology skills for students who already demonstrate competency with basic decoding skills. OgStar Reading® is a patent-pending, technologically-sophisticated app with handwriting recognition feedback, speech recognition feedback, audio-visual synchronization, voice-over correction feedback, and text-to-speech features.
Data collection is available for parents and teachers describing student performance and progress over time. This delightful, multisensory, structured literacy game helps students of all ages to independently develop evidence-based literacy skills, in accordance with the scientific standards recommended by the National Reading Panel indicating the best ways to teach students how to read.
Changes include expanded range of iPad compatibility and improved user experience on Flag Game.
Ratings and Reviews
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.