**Featured by the BBC, ITV, Guardian, Wired, Time Out, Vogue & The Sunday Times**
Join millions of neighbours all over the world who are using OLIO to share more, care more and waste less.
OLIO connects neighbours with each other so food & household items can be shared for free, and homemade food & handmade crafts can be purchased & sold (in the new MADE section).
How to use OLIO
- Give away your spare food/non-food items on OLIO FREE
- Sell homemade food/handmade crafts on OLIO MADE
- Request/purchase whatever takes your fancy
- Share safely with your neighbours using no-contact pick-ups
- Explore our planet-friendly living feature OLIO GOALS
- Connect & be inspired in our global chat FORUM
- It takes just seconds to add a listing
- Most listings are requested in less than an hour!
- Give away food you won’t have time to eat and de-clutter other things you no longer want
- Find other things you might want
- Buy unique, one-of-a-kind items & support a neighbour
- Check out a user’s profile and star rating before sharing/buying
- Report or block any user
- For the environment
- For the community
- For your wallet
OLIO can be used anywhere in the world, so please install today and give it a try!
Terms and conditions: https://olioex.com/terms-and-conditions/
* UI improvements
* Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
As kids we were taught to eat our veggies so they didn’t go to waste, yet as adults we’re often desensitized to the amount of unspoiled sustenance discarded worldwide every day. Olio helps find a home for unwanted edibles, using local postings that are a snap to create or browse. Whether a nearby farm is getting rid of excess rhubarb (it makes great pies, honest) or we’re going on holiday and want the chorizo meatballs in our fridge to end up on a neighbor’s plate instead of in the trash, Olio is a feel-good way to reduce food waste.
Great in concept, execution needs a little work
I love this app - my neighborhood is really active and I’d say that 90% of what we post gets picked up within a week.
My biggest complaint is the notifications. Even with permissions all set in my phone, I rarely get a notification through the app itself. It’s usually 24+ hours after the fact that I notice an email and check. Even if you’re diligent about checking for notifications, sometimes only one message will load at a time. Once you’ve replied, you may notice you have more requests for the same item that weren’t there before, sometimes with an earlier time stamp.
I’m only finally reviewing the app because I’ve gotten messages from other users apologizing for the same issues so I figured it’s not on my end.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Olio Exchange Limited
- 81 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © OLIO Exchange Limited 2021
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly - save 50% $13.99
- Monthly $0.99
- Yearly - save 50% $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.