If you love tracking aircraft using dump1090, tar1090 or Virtual Radar Server then you'll love OpenADSB. OpenADSB is a full featured high performance aircraft tracker display app that connects to a variety of backend air traffic sources. Enjoy OpenADSB's smooth native iOS experience instead of using the web interface.
PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING:
You purchasing a general purpose air traffic display app that connects to a variety of servers types. New traffic sources can be added under Settings (gear button) - Track Source. As a convenience, OpenADSB comes preconfigured to use ADS-B Exchange, a non-profit crowdsourced dump1090 data source. Air traffic from ADS-B Exchange is the sole responsibility of ADSBexchange.com, LLC. Frequent users are encouraged to support ADS-B Exchange through donations (adsbexchange.com/donate).
• Connects to dump1090, tar1090 and Virtual Radar Server.
• Comes preconfigured using ADS-B Exchange (adsbexchange.com). Note that OpenADSB is not affiliated with ADSBexchange.com, LLC
• Smoothly displays thousands of aircraft
• Shows aircraft history trails
• Various aircraft and history trail color schemes and optional legend
• Fully configurable filtering, display only the aircrafts you want to see
• Configurable military, VFR and emergency highlights
• Long-press on an aircraft to perform a browser search engine search of its callsign and registration
• Tap on an aircraft to show more details
• Details are fully configurable and includes callsign, registration, ICAO hex code, altitude, speed, vertical speed, heading, aircraft type, squawk code, MLAT, latitude/longitude and more
• Display values in imperial or metric units
• Bookmark up to 3 favorite locations
• Mail track details feature, send an email containing an aircraft's details along with a map snapshot, fully configurable
• Optimized data fetching logic minimizes network, battery usage and server load
• Highly configurable
• Supports Dark Mode on iOS 13
• Supports Split View, Slide Over and multitasking on iPad
• Keyboard shortcuts for external keyboards
Limitations and Disclaimer
OpenADSB is a general air traffic visualizer for Virtual Radar Server and dump1090 data sources. OpenADSB is not affiliated with ADSBexchange.com, LLC. As a convenience, OpenADSB comes preconfigured using ADSBexchange.com as the default data source. Air traffic data, its accuracy, and its validity, is the sole responsibility of the data provider. OpenADSB is for entertainment use only, and not for operational, flight, navigation, traffic avoidance or any mission critical use.
• Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great adsb app - looking forward for updated features
as a adsb receiver feeder to a few of the popular aircraft tracker sites, it’s great to see all my data and others unblocked and viewable as it should be from airwaves. There are a few updates needed like added filters for operator name not just 3 letter codes... and more filters or combination of filters like browser version VRS supports. Great app, look forward to future enhancements
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. The full operator name is available as a selection property, look under Selection Properties in Settings. Filter by ICAO hex code is supported in version 1.1.2. A new full featured search is coming soon, stay tuned.
Glad to see it
Nice app. It would be nice if the plane colors for altitudes were the same as tar1090 and had finer graduation. Every plane below 5000’ the same color doesn’t tell much. I do like the legend, something tar1090 lacks.
Update. Playing with it more, I find a lot of customization in the settings. I like it better then the browser based version. I feed ADSB Exchange. It’s a valuable tool during fire season and this app does what is needed.
The more I use it the better I like it. Wish there was a PC version.
It’s very configurable to your desires when you dig into the settings.
There are a LOT of features buried so maybe I’m missing some.
Here’s my “wish list”:
Missing adjustable range rings. 5 mile minimum for first ring would be handy.
How about a track highlights for Fire Fighting - 1255 Squawk
Just figured out setting location bookmarks. Great work. A location marker and range rings as if it were gps location. Editing labels would be the cherry on the sundae.
Selection Properties - Bearing from location? Could be combined with Distance?
Finer color definition of altitudes below 5000’
Thanks for your hard efforts. One of the best values I’ve found in any similar apps. Head and shoulders above all! Great work.
Great ability to see a fleet or known tails
At first I was frustrated that I couldn’t see ADSB history however the ability to add filters with multiple tails turns this app into something nobody else offers that I know of. I can add 10 tails of friends, colleagues or company aircraft and I can just look at the entire country which includes my gps position and see where anyone else is if they’re airborne. I also like to see who is over my house when I’m at home and check for military aircraft maneuvering in my area. This is one of the few pay apps I buy each year and I’m glad I did.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.