Orthodox Christian calendar.
The calendar includes the full calendar of feast and saints. It does not require internet connection, so it will display the feast, or the saint of the day, even if you are on Sinai or Mount Athos :-)
The application is solely in English and can display both the old (Julian) and the new (Gregorian) calendar (there is a setting for the Calendar style).
Fasting rules are also displayed, but you are kindly asked not too rely too much on them, they are accurate, but you should consult your priest for the details.
The application enables browsing the calendar and jumping to a specified date, both in the past and in the future.
Uniquely, the application enables jumping to a certain date related to the Paschal cycle of the year, both in the past and in the future!
A link to the Prologue of Ohrid of St Nikolai Velimirovic for each day is also included.
* The application was made free through the generosity of the pious Orthodox Christians, mention in your prayers: Vladimir, Vladimir, Tatiana, Viachelsav and the reposed Ivan.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Through Job and feature rich.
It's especially helpful to be able to switch between Julian and Gregorian calendars and also to be able to look up the date of various Paschal cycle feasts and commemorations in past and future years. Well done!
God bless you!
Thank you for this wonderful calendar and for publishing it in English! If you could change the color&font of the blue text/menus in the day selector it would be great.
Best orthodox calendar in the AppStore!
Okay, could be improved
Having tried some other Orthodox calendar apps, supposedly with more features, I’ve added a star. Any one of the following improvements would gain another.
1) Why not show all of the saints in the same (dark) print? Also, when the background color is dark, why not show the names in a light color to make it easier to read/view?
2) Why not use a Word-Wrap so saints will not be obscured by the imagery?
3) I would appreciate a multi-day or multi-week view that would show major fasts, non-fasting weeks, etc.
4) I would appreciate a search feature by saints’ names.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.