OSCSmith can receive and send Open Sound Control (OSC) packets over multiple different network configuration: TCP, UDP, Unicast, Multicast or Broadcast. You name it, OSCSmith can do it and have you communicating with OSC enabled devices in no time.
- UDP and TCP Transport options
- UDP Servers can join multicast groups
- UDP Clients can broadcast packets
- TCP Server with client management
- TCP Stream Framing
- OSC Timetags
- OSC Annotations
- Fixed: IP Address can now be sent as an argument to the OSC Message without wrapping it in quotation marks.
- Fixed/Added: A keyboard shortcut to re-enable auto scroll with incoming messages within the logs.
Ratings and Reviews
Improved since the last version, still some basic bugs
Try sending out this message:
/serialosc/list si 127.0.0.1 24601
It won't send the IP address at all because there's a bug in the application's handling of floating point numbers which makes it impossible to send IP addresses as strings. Wrapping in a quotation marks doesn't help.
When OSCSmith receives a message, it won't appear in the log unless there's a filter set up. Fair enough. But when you do this and a message is received, you have to manually scroll the log down to see the new message.
Developer Response ,
In OSCSmith 1.2.1 the issue with sending an IP address without wrapping quotation marks has been corrected. /serialosc/list si "127.0.0.1" 24601 is also still valid.
A received message will appear in the logs without setting up a "filter" first if "Enable Address Space" is disabled.
Auto Scroll Logs works as such:
- If a user has not manually scrolled the Logs the table will auto scroll with incoming messages.
- Clearing the logs will re-enable Auto Scroll Logs.
- In 1.2.1 a menu item has been added to allow for a user to re-enable Auto Scroll Logs.
Thanks for the feedback.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Artifice Industries Ltd.
- 2.6 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Artifice Industries Ltd.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.