Explore the land of Words, a magical place where characters challenge you to guess and spell the on-screen images. Play collaboratively or competitively with your real-life friends or our loveable characters!
Words have power in this adventure! Will you become the Word Champion?
"This interplay between the physical and digital realms looks and feels like magic." - Forbes
"Osmo has been a revolution in our family." - Wired
**Best Design** - Good Design, 2016
**Best Product Designs** - Fast Company Finalist, 2016
**Innovative Toy of the Year** - TOTY Finalist, 2015
**Best Inventions** - TIME, 2014
*Requires the Osmo Base and Words tiles found at www.playosmo.com
* Please see our device compatibility list here: https://support.playosmo.com/hc/articles/115010156067
Osmo is using the screen to create a new healthy, hands-on learning experience that promotes creativity, problem solving and social interaction. We do this with our reflective artificial technology.
+ Support for additional devices
+ Bug fixes and other improvements
Ratings and Reviews
So we recently brought an OSMO for our 3 yr old . The app was working fine. Our little one just got a hang of it and now it keeps crashing.
Not Well Thought Out
There is almost no time at all given to the child to allow them to figure out the letter before the letter is then forcibly given to them. My 6 year old becomes extremely frustrated by the fact that the program is not allowing him to figure it out before placing the letter in front of him. I don’t understand why there isn’t a slide setting for a slower or faster setting (or no timer), depending on child’s level, because even that would be helpful... but as is, it’s more damaging than helpful. With the fish math game there is always a lot of time allowed to the child, but with this one, it’s just very intense for a child who is just trying to learn and who is then constantly being interrupted by having the letter being thrown at them, instead of allowing them time to figure it out. It’s defeating and my son now would rather do anything else than play that “game”.
Poorly thought out game
Rather than picking words that are aligned to the age group selected, like short easy words for 4 year olds, it uses words too big for them to learn to spell but makes it easy by only requiring them to guess just the first letter. Lazy on the developers part. Worst of all, no way to turn off the clues that the character gives. Doesn't allow my kid to try to figure out the letter. While he's thinking, it'll just tell him what the letter is. If he makes one wrong guess, it'll just tell him what the letter is. GIVE THE KID A LITTLE TIME TO TRY TO FIGURE IT OUT!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback.
1. Junior Mode - if you're in Junior mode, tap on the settings button ('II') in the top left hand corner. Once here you will see the words 'Home, Restart, and Achievements.' Underneath these words is the option to turn on or off the 'hints' and 'speech.'
2. Play Mode (after selecting versus or Zen) - to increase the difficulty, tap on the settings button ('II') in the top left hand corner. Once here you will see the words 'Home, Restart, Achievements, and Albums.' Underneath these words is the option to turn on or off the 'hints' and 'speech.' There is also a difficulty meter where players can select the levels Easy, Medium, Hard, and Impossible. The Impossible level is an adult favorite!
Please note that some downloadable Words albums that are created by the general public may not have these options associated with them.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Osmo Customer Experience Team
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tangible Play Inc
- 359.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Tangible Play, Inc.