Speed-read websites, ebooks and documents. Outread improves reading effectiveness by helping you focus on reading small chunks of text at a time. You can either follow the highlighter along the page or keep it centered.
“A clear winner in the speed-reading category” — AppAdvice
“You're in luck, because Outread will help you get through [articles] and learn speed-reading in the process.” — Lifehacker
Featured by Apple in “Train Your Brain” section
- Add webpages from Safari or other apps using share extension
- Paste the clipboard contents (text or web page URL)
- Follow the highlighter along the page (Guided Reading) or keep the highlighted phrase in the center of the screen (RSVP)
- Adjust the reading speed and the highlighter size (length of the chunk of text you read at once)
- 5 fonts to suit all reading conditions
- Monitor your progress with reading stats
- Filter (by services or tags) and sort (by date, length or title) the items
- In order to reduce distractions, items are stripped from unnecessary content
- Universal app for iPhone and iPad
- Everything is always with you, even offline
OUTREAD PLUS FEATURES:
- Sync with Pocket, Instapaper and Pinboard
- Add your own ebooks (DRM-free ePub) or read free classic novels from the built-in library
- Add Microsoft Word, .rtf and .txt documents
- Night reading theme
- DRM-protected ebooks (Kindle and most of iBooks ebooks) are not supported
- Sync between iPhone and iPad versions is available only via Pocket, Instapaper and Pinboard
If you have any questions or suggestions, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fixes quick settings not working properly for Outread Plus users after moving to a different chapter in a book.
Ratings and Reviews
I have tried them all
This is the best app for pushing your reading speed. Love the integration with Pocket. Although there was a login glitch. I had to delete the Pocket App and the sign in through the Outread app. Once you get synced you can download the Pocket App again. (Hopefully this is something that will get fixed soon.)
Even with this glitch, I still consider this the best way to push your reading speed. It’s also been a great way to get through all those Apple News articles I have been saving for the past few years. Now I just share them to Pocket and churn through them in Outread.
I would like the ability to scroll the article on my own but the current set up is probably better for training my eye muscles any way.
Please never stop supporting this app 🙏🏼
As someone who loves information, new ways to learn, and getting through the front pages of newspapers, this app is essential. It pays for itself. It also has classic books on there which is a nice added bonus.
Anyone who thinks ‘you’ can’t speed read, I encourage you to try this app out and see how your amazing brain works.
You can read rsvp or guided. I’m going through 20 news pieces a day and I love it!
The best speed-reading app!
I wasted time (and money!) on a few “competitors” before I discovered this app. The interface is elegant and easy-to-use. The Plus version is TOTALLY worth it. Unlike other apps, the file import actually works!!! Really enjoying reading ePub files, and the Pocket integration is awesome too. Can’t wait to see what’s in the future for this app. It’s amazing. Thank you so much.
- Arkadiusz Holko
- 6.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2019 Arkadiusz Holko
- In-App Purchases
- Outread Plus $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.