Speed-read websites, ebooks and documents. Outread improves reading effectiveness by helping you to focus on reading small chunks of text at a time. You can either follow the highlighter along the page or keep the text centered.
Featured by Apple in “Train Your Brain” section
“You're in luck, because Outread will help you get through [articles] and learn speed-reading in the process.” — Lifehacker
"Speed Between the Lines" — WSJ
“A clear winner in the speed-reading category” — AppAdvice
- Speed read by following the highlighter along the page (Highlighting Mode) or by keeping the focused phrase in the center of the screen (Flashing Mode - Rapid Serial Visual Presentation)
- Exercise to improve your peripheral vision, eidetic memory, short-term memory and chunking ability.
- Add webpages from Safari or other apps using share extension
- Paste text or add from a URL
- Sync your library, preferences and reading stats between your devices
- Adjust the reading speed and chunk length (length of text you read at once)
- Selection of fonts to suit all reading conditions
- Monitor your progress with reading stats
- Filter (by services or tags) and sort (by date, length or title) the items
- See images included in text (even during speed reading)
- Pleasant reading experience improving comprehension and concentration for people with dyslexia, ADD and ADHD
- Universal app for iPhone, iPad and Mac
- Everything is always with you, even offline
- Read free classic novels from the built-in catalog
- Sync with Pocket and Instapaper
- Add your own ebooks (DRM-free ePub)
- Add PDF, Microsoft Word, RTF and TXT documents
- Higher reading speed up to 1,500 words per minute
- Reader themes: Black & White (great for OLED), Sepia and Gray
- DRM-protected ebooks (Kindle and most of iBooks ebooks) are not supported
Terms and Conditions: https://outreadapp.com/terms.html
If you have any questions or suggestions, you can reach us at email@example.com
- Added separate personal/family Outread+ plans.
- Fixed various UI issues.
Ratings and Reviews
Update: I’ve given it a few weeks now and I have significantly improved my reading speed. I love how easy it is to import articles and books. However, there’s already a good library of books included in the app, so users may not even need to import any books. I recommend this app for increasing reading speed without losing comprehension.
Developer Response ,
Hello, we don’t sell your data. Our only revenue stream is in-app purchases. We use Google Firebase only for anonymous product analytics that aren’t tied to your identity.
In the current version of Outread all your actual content (documents, books, etc.) stays on the device. We’ll be introducing an optional cloud sync and backup feature in a future update – if you decide to use it, your content will be synced through our own server. If you have any other questions, you can always reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ve tried a lot of readers, but Outread is hands down the best. I browse The NYT and Washington Post for articles of interest. Using the Share extension I can quickly and seamlessly add them to Outread. I do most of my reading using the Spritz method, and Outread has added some fantastic features such as customizable settings for the length of pauses at the end of sentences, after commas, etc. You can sort the items in your list alphabetically, by length of article, or by items most recently added. The developers have really thought of everything to facilitate the reading process. There is even a good collection of classics you can read for free.
My favorite of all
I’ve tried every speed reading app I could find on apple and google play stores... this one is hands down my favorite when it comes to functionality, simplicity, and stability. I hope this app is around forever. I use it daily and it has my literary journey so much easier. I believe it is worth every penny.
Also, the developers of this app are amazing. I had a problem after an update. They looked into it promptly.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Arkadiusz Holko
- 11.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2022 Arkadiusz Holko
- In-App Purchases
- Outread+ Annual Family $49.99
- Outread+ Monthly Family $8.49
- Outread+ Annual $29.99
- Outread+ Monthly $4.99
- Outread+ Lifetime Family $149.99
- Outread+ Lifetime $89.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.