Find the perfect time to catchup across multiple time zones without the mind-bending math.
Our team works across 5 different time zones, which was sending us a little crazy trying to find a meeting time that suits us all. What worked for Melbourne and Singapore didn’t work for Milan and North Carolina. We needed to see all the time zones we cared about in one place and we needed a smart way to find when everyone’s available hours lined up.
So we created Overlap.
It’s a smart world clock that magically finds the ideal times where available hours overlap across multiple time zones. With just a swipe you can smoothly move through time, making it simple and easy to understand what the time will be for any place in the world.
You can choose ‘available’ hours for each time zone. For example Dan in London might be available from 2pm to 5pm and Rashida in Sydney might be available from 7am to midday. Swipe up the Overlap Graph and it will magically show you the most compatible times to schedule your catchup. The more convenient a time is for everyone combined, the higher the graph goes!
Overlap also displays your calendar events, so you can always find a time that suits your schedule.
Available on iPhone, iPad and Mac.
Here’s why you need Overlap
• You can see multiple time zones in one screen - no more Googling 'What time is it HERE when it's this time THERE'.
• You can swipe left and right to quickly scope out the best time to meet for everyone.
• You'll save time by not hurting your brain trying to add and subtract 8, 4, 12 or whatever hours from another time zone.
• You won't be left waiting for someone to join your meeting and going 'Ah! Forgot about daylight savings!' and then having to have the meeting an hour later.
• You can customize 'availability' for each timezone - this could mean office hours for a meeting or simply when you're available for a group chat with your far-flung family - eliminates the need for endless messages of 'Sorry that's 3am for me!'
• You can rename each time zone; for example, you might simply rename a time zone to say 'Grandma' or the name of a client you work with. Or perhaps your Grandma is your client, no judgement here.
• You can hide time zones that you don’t need right now so it’s always easy to focus on what you need to know.
• You can show your calendar events so you can always choose a time that fits your schedule.
• Once you’ve chosen a great time its easy to share it via your favorite messaging app or create a calendar event.
Overlap is a complimentary app to the Moleskine Studio suite - download it now free!
Welcome to another update of Overlap!
This update contains mainly polish, and fixes for some sneaky bugs, but we do also have one new feature:
• When adding new time zones you can now search by the time zone's abbreviation e.g. CST, GMT - thanks for the suggestion SS!
• The crash that some people were experiencing should now be fixed. Please let us know via email@example.com if you have any more problems, or even if you just want to say hello!
If you've got a feature idea, tap "Get in touch -> Feature Request" from the Menu screen or visit https://bonobo.canny.io/overlap and let us know! This is where you can help us decide on what we will work on for you next.
If you enjoy using Overlap we'd really appreciate if you'd take a moment to leave a nice review. If you've got a question or something isn't working quite right please email us. You can contact us directly from the Menu -> Get in touch -> Email Support.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Why would an app with simple timezone functionality need access to my entire contact book?
The app does do what it says it does
Developer Response ,
Hi Joey. Thanks for your message. We'd prefer not to have to ask for the Contacts permission, and do not use it at all. Unfortunately, requesting the permission is required by Apple's systems in order for us to be able to provide the event scheduling/creation feature, even though we're using Apple's own UI for that feature. Rest assured, we take your privacy very seriously and Overlap never actually accesses your contacts at all. I hope this helps. Regards, SB
Looks great, but not easy
I tried to customize the cities and ended up with five copies of Los Angeles—can't figure out how to remove them (or any city.) Tried using the "support" button couldn't figure out how to send. Abandoning.
I don’t get this app at all. The rectangles change between two slightly different shades of aquamarine? How do I see when a time zone is available or not? Sliding left and right is a neat color picker I guess, if you like aquamarine?
Surprisingly difficult to use, especially because the onboarding tutorial is so long and annoying.
- Moleskine S.r.l.
- 9.7 MB
macOS 10.15 or later. Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Moleskine SpA & Bonobo Pte Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.