Find the perfect time to catchup across multiple time zones without the mind-bending math.
Our team works across 5 different time zones, which was sending us a little crazy trying to find a meeting time that suits us all. What worked for Melbourne and Singapore didn’t work for Milan and North Carolina. We needed to see all the time zones we cared about in one place and we needed a smart way to find when everyone’s available hours lined up.
So we created Overlap.
It’s a smart world clock that magically finds the ideal times where available hours overlap across multiple time zones. With just a swipe you can smoothly move through time, making it simple and easy to understand what the time will be for any place in the world.
You can choose ‘available’ hours for each time zone. For example Dan in London might be available from 2pm to 5pm and Rashida in Sydney might be available from 7am to midday. Swipe up the Overlap Graph and it will magically show you the most compatible times to schedule your catchup. The more convenient a time is for everyone combined, the higher the graph goes!
Overlap also displays your calendar events, so you can always find a time that suits your schedule.
Available on iPhone, iPad and Mac.
Here’s why you need Overlap
• You can see multiple time zones in one screen - no more Googling 'What time is it HERE when it's this time THERE'.
• You can swipe left and right to quickly scope out the best time to meet for everyone.
• You'll save time by not hurting your brain trying to add and subtract 8, 4, 12 or whatever hours from another time zone.
• You won't be left waiting for someone to join your meeting and going 'Ah! Forgot about daylight savings!' and then having to have the meeting an hour later.
• You can customize 'availability' for each timezone - this could mean office hours for a meeting or simply when you're available for a group chat with your far-flung family - eliminates the need for endless messages of 'Sorry that's 3am for me!'
• You can rename each time zone; for example, you might simply rename a time zone to say 'Grandma' or the name of a client you work with. Or perhaps your Grandma is your client, no judgement here.
• You can hide time zones that you don’t need right now so it’s always easy to focus on what you need to know.
• You can show your calendar events so you can always choose a time that fits your schedule.
• Once you’ve chosen a great time its easy to share it via your favorite messaging app or create a calendar event.
Overlap is a complimentary app to the Moleskine Studio suite - download it now free!
Welcome to the latest version of Overlap!
This version has some great fixes, and also two new specialist time zones - IDLW / AoE, and UTC. Yep, we had to lookup the first of these too, but hope it will be useful to those of you who need it!
In case you missed it, the exciting previous update contained the following:
• See times on your home screen with the all new small, medium and large Overlap widgets!
• You can create multiple small widgets for each location or see multiple locations at once on the larger widgets.
• Choose whether to display of date and timezone.
• The widget background changes color to show availability!
In the app:
• Locations now display the difference in hours to your currently set time zone.
• You can now choose to automatically append the time zone abbreviation to a location name, just tap the time zone when configuring a location.
• Night and day colours have been adjusted on the default theme.
• Disabled locations are bigger and brighter.
• Updated the expanded calendar layout.
• Simplified the Overlap graph.
• Fonts and layout have been given a spring clean.
If you've got a feature idea, tap "Get in touch -> Feature Request" from the Menu screen or visit https://bonobo.canny.io/overlap and let us know! This is where you can help us decide on what we will work on for you next.
If you enjoy using Overlap we'd really appreciate if you'd take a moment to leave a nice review. If you've got a question or something isn't working quite right please email us. You can contact us directly from the Menu -> Get in touch -> Email Support.
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly what I needed
I do a lot of work that involves international productions and it really helps to have this tool at my disposal.
While not necessary, it would be cool if there was an option to have the local weather populated near the times as well. Nothing crazy. I would be open to something that would allow me to change the color of some time zones in my list so that they stand out a little bit from the others, making the reference of that time zone a little easier to identify. It could be fun to see the country flag next to the name of the location as well. But again, nothing necessary--it works great as intended. These would all be fun additions to me though. Thank you for making this.
Developer Response ,
Hi, there - thanks for your kind words and your appreciation for our apps. We are happy to hear that you're enjoying using Overlap and that we are able to give you the functions that you need for an app. We have a Feature Request board where our members and team decide what we make next, would you mind adding this idea there? Adding it yourself means you'll be notified automatically when it's being built or is released. You can access the board directly from the Help screen in the app (which means you won't have to sign in again).
Can't live with Overlap to help schedule meetings and enter the correct times in my calendar for international flights, hotel check ins, etc. Invaluable. I especially love the slider function of draging a particular time zone to any time and watching the times change in real time for all the other time zones I've added.
Developer Response ,
Hello there! Thank you so much! It is always nice to hear positive feedback from our users. We are pleased that you are satisfied with the application. Should you need any assistance with the app, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll be happy to help. Cheers, Rica
Almost 5 stars, needs mac optimization
This app ROCKS. I swear I have not used a simpler app. My colleagues are always strugging to pull up complicated tables on sites (which have their place) but when I use this on screen share to find a time for my team in 8 different timezones, they're always impressed (as am I) to see how easy it is to use.
However, that being said... It really needs some mac optimization. This app is so sweet but here's what I would do to give it a 5 star rating and make it something I talk about all the time:
- I have 9 timezones on my mac app and my screen can't fit more. It is hard to know there are more, and then when I scroll I can't see the ones above again. A 'collapsed' or mini mode where you can see maybe 30 timezones would be super handy
- It would be neat to be able to place markers and have them scroll with the timezones so I can jump to my '9am' meeting or my '5pm' meeting times to figure out a schedule
- I'm not sure the collapse button or ... button work in the mac app (maybe that's the feature I'm asking for?)
- Add keyboard shortcuts for the mac
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Moleskine S.r.l.
- 15.4 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Moleskine SpA & Bonobo Pte Ltd