Find the perfect time to catchup across multiple time zones without the mind-bending math.
Our team works across 5 different time zones, which was sending us a little crazy trying to find a meeting time that suits us all. What worked for Melbourne and Singapore didn’t work for Milan and North Carolina. We needed to see all the time zones we cared about in one place and we needed a smart way to find when everyone’s available hours lined up.
So we created Overlap.
It’s a smart world clock that magically finds the ideal times where available hours overlap across multiple time zones. With just a swipe you can smoothly move through time, making it simple and easy to understand what the time will be for any place in the world.
You can choose ‘available’ hours for each time zone. For example Dan in London might be available from 2pm to 5pm and Rashida in Sydney might be available from 7am to midday. Swipe up the Overlap Graph and it will magically show you the most compatible times to schedule your catchup. The more convenient a time is for everyone combined, the higher the graph goes!
Overlap also displays your calendar events, so you can always find a time that suits your schedule.
Available on iPhone, iPad and Mac.
Here’s why you need Overlap
• You can see multiple time zones in one screen - no more Googling 'What time is it HERE when it's this time THERE'.
• You can swipe left and right to quickly scope out the best time to meet for everyone.
• You'll save time by not hurting your brain trying to add and subtract 8, 4, 12 or whatever hours from another time zone.
• You won't be left waiting for someone to join your meeting and going 'Ah! Forgot about daylight savings!' and then having to have the meeting an hour later.
• You can customize 'availability' for each timezone - this could mean office hours for a meeting or simply when you're available for a group chat with your far-flung family - eliminates the need for endless messages of 'Sorry that's 3am for me!'
• You can rename each time zone; for example, you might simply rename a time zone to say 'Grandma' or the name of a client you work with. Or perhaps your Grandma is your client, no judgement here.
• You can hide time zones that you don’t need right now so it’s always easy to focus on what you need to know.
• You can show your calendar events so you can always choose a time that fits your schedule.
• Once you’ve chosen a great time its easy to share it via your favorite messaging app or create a calendar event.
Overlap is a complimentary app to the Moleskine Studio suite - download it now free!
Welcome to the latest version of Overlap!
This version has some great fixes, and also two new specialist time zones - IDLW / AoE, and UTC. Yep, we had to lookup the first of these too, but hope it will be useful to those of you who need it!
In case you missed it, the exciting previous update contained the following:
• See times on your home screen with the all new small, medium and large Overlap widgets!
• You can create multiple small widgets for each location or see multiple locations at once on the larger widgets.
• Choose whether to display of date and timezone.
• The widget background changes color to show availability!
In the app:
• Locations now display the difference in hours to your currently set time zone.
• You can now choose to automatically append the time zone abbreviation to a location name, just tap the time zone when configuring a location.
• Night and day colours have been adjusted on the default theme.
• Disabled locations are bigger and brighter.
• Updated the expanded calendar layout.
• Simplified the Overlap graph.
• Fonts and layout have been given a spring clean.
If you've got a feature idea, tap "Get in touch -> Feature Request" from the Menu screen or visit https://bonobo.canny.io/overlap and let us know! This is where you can help us decide on what we will work on for you next.
If you enjoy using Overlap we'd really appreciate if you'd take a moment to leave a nice review. If you've got a question or something isn't working quite right please email us. You can contact us directly from the Menu -> Get in touch -> Email Support.
Ratings and Reviews
Very nice utlity to have
I use this to schedule things with my friends whom live in differnet countries and it's so awesome and easy to use, thank you for it!
Works well enough, I guess
The app seems to work well and I have had no problems with crashing or anything like that. It was a little bit of a challenge to figure out the interface because it's not as intuitive as some of the other Moleskine apps though, at least not to me.
The bigger issue for me is the "Why" of this app. I live overseas and work with suppliers and customers in Europe, Asia, and North America, so I'm constantly dealing with timezones and meetings. Most computer OS clock applets seem to have this functionality and it's as well implemented. So, I don't really see why this app is, and what a future development direction for it is. It's not really solving any problem and it's not substantially better than what most everyone already has with their computers out of the box.
I wondered why my computer ran hotter after installing this ap. Running Activity Monitor, I found that Overlap was responsible for 20-30% of my energy impact and, over the past 12 hours, was the #1 ap consuming energy on my computer, even beating out Google Chrome. All that energy, for what is essentialy just a clock. Rediculous!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Moleskine S.r.l.
- 15.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Moleskine SpA & Bonobo Pte Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.