“Best packing app for photographers” FStoppers - Nerdy and artistic
• No ads
• Requires no sign-ups or personal info
• Create unlimited trips
• Create unlimited items
• Bundle up items that you always bring for quick addition on future trips
• Share / import collections of items in the Packaroo catalog
• Hide packed items from display
• Keep track of related tasks for each trip
• Keep track of items you need to buy before travel
• Order from Amazon directly from shopping list
• Organize trips by date
• Reuse and duplicate trips
• Share copies of your pack list
• Create custom collections in the Packaroo catalog
• Share / import custom collections
• Hide default collections
• Create unlimited bundles for better organization
• Bulk add new items to catalog
• Change the order in which collections, bundles and items within bundles are displayed
• Organize your trip by bag, box or container
• Create a separate list for each of your traveling companions
• Manage the order of pack lists on a trip
• Choose your own app icon
• Supports a small dedicated team at the Packaroo workshop
Eliminated some pesky little bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using this app for a year or two now and it’s pretty much perfect. The concepts of bundles and regulars take all the tedium out of planning for a trip. Ski trip? One tap to add all the necessary cold weather clothing. Best of all, I have yet to forget something on any of my trips (a semi-regular occurrence previously).
The core features of the app are great, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised by recent additions too (trip dates, to do lists). Looking forward to what comes next!
Oh, and the support is wonderful (👋 Sue). Have had a few of my suggestions and bug fixes added to the app.
Too many bugs, not supported, too many steps
The concept of the app is good but the implementation needs work fixing bugs and issues. Entering items and making changes is tedious and too many steps. From the beginning I found multiple bugs and issues and gave the developers the information so they could fix them. They did nothing with them and immediately stopped making updates with new versions and that was 6 months ago, so apparently they don’t want to make the effort or are no longer supporting it.
Easy example. Item is entered as “Water Thermos” but when you go to edit it later the app automatically changes it to “Water thermos”. Not a major thing unless somewhere you put a brand name. Regardless, it changes it on you. Many more things too numerous to mention.
Although I love the *idea* of the app I would recommend looking elsewhere for one that is supported and not as difficult to use with less issues.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry to hear about your frustrations. We are in the middle of a big update and have had to put a bunch of these seemingly easy to fix issues on the back burner. Rest assured that we are making the effort and are fully invested in supporting the app.
Really the only packing app you should consider
I don’t review a lot of things, but it’s clear that a lot of thought and work went into this one, and I think they deserve some recognition. I’ve tried a lot of packing apps and all of them have been comparatively rudimentary. It’s a little hard to wrap your mind around Packaroo at first - you have to get used to the idea of “bundles” and “collections” and decide how to make them work for you - but once you have it figured out it’s very flexible and powerful.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Matic LLC
- 34.2 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Matic LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Packaroo Pro $5.99