PadCAD Lite is an easy to use free CAD application designed for small to medium sized projects such as home additions, remodeling projects, cabinetry work, and site surveys. With PadCAD Lite anyone can produce clean, clear CAD drawings. If you want to save or export your drawings to a professional CAD application like AutoCAD, you can upgrade PadCAD Lite and export your drawings in several popular formats, including PDF or DXF files. PadCAD Lite is designed with ease of use, speed and mobility in mind and is NOT a full blown CAD application. It's the prefect starting point for your drafting projects. PadCAD Lite is ideal for general contractors, carpenters, architectural firms, appraisers and real-estate professionals. PadCAD Lite has a very shallow learning curve, and no previous CAD experience is necessary. A comprehensive set of instructions are provided with the app.
Please Note: PadCAD Lite is free for evaluation purposes and can’t save your drawings. You may lose your drawings if you exit the app. To save your drawings, you must upgrade the app. The cost for an upgrade is $14.99 (usd). Once upgraded, PadCAD Lite will allow you to export your drawings as image files, PDF files or DXF files.
Main Features :
1) Intuitive finger-based drawing and editing: Draw walls with your finger, then adjust them by dragging or stretching them.
2) Fine-tune controls: For greater precision, every element can be fine-tuned with numeric values.
3) Unlimited Undo and Redo: You can Undo all the way back to the beginning of your session or Redo to your current state.
4) Take Pictures: From within the app you can use your iPad's built in camera to take a photos and associate them with your CAD drawing. You can also use your iPad's built in microphone to create and include audio annotations in your drawings.
5) Intuitive Zoom & Pan: Use two fingers to zoom in and out of your drawing, just like you would with any other picture on the iPad. You may also pan the drawing simply by dragging your finger. The drawing area is larger than the iPad screen which allows you to export projects as large as 170' x 128'.
Note: PadCAD Lite is a free version of the PadCAD app. It is functionally identical to PadCAD, except for the fact that you can't export or save your drawings. Once upgraded, PadCAD Lite and PadCAD are identical. If you're ready to dive right in, go ahead and get PadCAD. If you want to try before you buy, get PadCAD Lite. You can always upgrade later.
Feel free to contact us with any questions: email@example.com
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
1 Big Bad Bug Fix
Ratings and Reviews
Does exactly what it says in description
Quick on the go basic plan design. Just with any app, takes time/practice to master but then it's smooth once the muscle memory is there.
At first I thought it did not save my plan until I discovered (by reading the instructions) the saved plans are accessible in the settings under "load".
Tip - I use a stylus with this app. The stylus along with the zoom makes it easier to feather in details.
Only 2 complaints.
1. When I select the camera option, the app crashes every time.
2. I upgraded the app from the lite version and it still displays as the lite version on my iPad. Even thought I can now save documents, I wonder if I am missing anything.
I think my 3 star rating is generous. I’ve been playing with the demo version for several days. So far, it’s okay. One of my concerns is the developer’s last update was 2 years ago. There should be more recent/frequent updates, if for nothing else, to add additional features. Is the developer still around, or has he taken the money and run?? Too bad. I like this app.
I plan and build-out interior retail and office space. I need a simple 2D CAD app to layout said spaces. My last program was a 2D Windows based that I picked up 20 years ago. I’ve since moved away from PC and into iPad. I’d like to know if this app supports the Apple pencil. Not sure, since the Apple pencil appeared after this app’s last update.
Don’t do it. It crashes every time I use it. Lost hours of work. It doesn’t matter if you save as you go. Poof! Gone. Tool bar disappears randomly. Freezes. You have to select tool every time you lift your finger/pencil off the pad. Saved work doesn’t alphabetize and it is near impossible to scroll through your files because when you lift your finger it brings you right back to the top. So good luck with that. Blue lines just randomly pop up across your work for some reason and you can’t erase it. You have to save, close the app, and reload just to make the lines go away. If I wanted to create an app to screw with people’s heads I couldn’t have done a better job. I put up with this nonsense because I didn’t have time to learn a new app while working. Enough.
The developer, Plugworks, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Plugworks Inc.
- 24.7 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2017, Plugworks, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.