PadCAD Lite is an easy to use free CAD application designed for small to medium sized projects such as home additions, remodeling projects, cabinetry work, and site surveys. With PadCAD Lite anyone can produce clean, clear CAD drawings. If you want to save or export your drawings to a professional CAD application like AutoCAD, you can upgrade PadCAD Lite and export your drawings in several popular formats, including PDF or DXF files. PadCAD Lite is designed with ease of use, speed and mobility in mind and is NOT a full blown CAD application. It's the prefect starting point for your drafting projects. PadCAD Lite is ideal for general contractors, carpenters, architectural firms, appraisers and real-estate professionals. PadCAD Lite has a very shallow learning curve, and no previous CAD experience is necessary. A comprehensive set of instructions are provided with the app.
Please Note: PadCAD Lite is free for evaluation purposes and can’t save your drawings. You may lose your drawings if you exit the app. To save your drawings, you must upgrade the app. The cost for an upgrade is $14.99 (usd). Once upgraded, PadCAD Lite will allow you to export your drawings as image files, PDF files or DXF files.
Main Features :
1) Intuitive finger-based drawing and editing: Draw walls with your finger, then adjust them by dragging or stretching them.
2) Fine-tune controls: For greater precision, every element can be fine-tuned with numeric values.
3) Unlimited Undo and Redo: You can Undo all the way back to the beginning of your session or Redo to your current state.
4) Take Pictures: From within the app you can use your iPad's built in camera to take a photos and associate them with your CAD drawing. You can also use your iPad's built in microphone to create and include audio annotations in your drawings.
5) Intuitive Zoom & Pan: Use two fingers to zoom in and out of your drawing, just like you would with any other picture on the iPad. You may also pan the drawing simply by dragging your finger. The drawing area is larger than the iPad screen which allows you to export projects as large as 170' x 128'.
Note: PadCAD Lite is a free version of the PadCAD app. It is functionally identical to PadCAD, except for the fact that you can't export or save your drawings. Once upgraded, PadCAD Lite and PadCAD are identical. If you're ready to dive right in, go ahead and get PadCAD. If you want to try before you buy, get PadCAD Lite. You can always upgrade later.
Feel free to contact us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Big Bad Bug Fix
Ratings and Reviews
This app is a decent cad for simple projects, but has many issues that tend to make it frustrating.
1. If you want to draw many lines, you need to click the line icon for each line. This is a frustrating waste of time. The same holds true for all drawing elements.
2. The last drawn item remains active, which makes it very easy to accidentally modify.
3. I haven’t been successful with ortho, or snap to line or point.. I’m not sure that they are available.
4. When drawing an object that needs precise dimensions, it would be nice to be able to actually type the dimensions. There is ability to modify to exact dimensions, but if you have drawn a square, the modify only works for one line at a time.
5. It’s way to easy to accidentally select an object, and modify it without knowing. It would be nice if you had to double click to modify.
Overall: The app is a good value. It’s pretty simple to learn, and, with a bit of effort, and occasional frustration: It gets the job done.
Does exactly what it says in description
Quick on the go basic plan design. Just with any app, takes time/practice to master but then it's smooth once the muscle memory is there.
At first I thought it did not save my plan until I discovered (by reading the instructions) the saved plans are accessible in the settings under "load".
Tip - I use a stylus with this app. The stylus along with the zoom makes it easier to feather in details.
Only 2 complaints.
1. When I select the camera option, the app crashes every time.
2. I upgraded the app from the lite version and it still displays as the lite version on my iPad. Even thought I can now save documents, I wonder if I am missing anything.
Years ago I learned drawing on PowerDraft for an environmental company I was working for and this program is close to it. It is a little frustrating having to click on icon to start a line each time rather than only clicking on a new type of operation. All in all though it’s great for program for simple drawings that you can use for building simple things around the house.
- Plugworks Inc.
- 24.4 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017, Plugworks, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.