WHY DID WE MAKE THIS?
This app was designed by an MD pain specialist and PhD pharmacologist to help users with chronic pain create a comprehensive picture-diary of the different types of pain felt throughout the day. By keeping such a detailed diary, users can now see and better understand what they have been feeling and if the treatments being tried are helping them.
TRACK IT BETTER. TREAT IT BETTER.
Using patent-pending technology, you can now distinctly track, map, and monitor the intensity, pattern, and extent-of-spread of at least 12 different types of pain on your mobile device. We’ve also added a separate tracking system for numbness.
PAIN IS LIFE-CHANGING.
When you are suffering with pain, what you want is to get better again and be able to help your doctor understand what you are feeling.
Tracking your pain is important in treating your pain. When your healthcare team can see exactly how your pain changes over time, trends can emerge that might otherwise go unnoticed.
Pain is a complex sensation that can constantly change with varying intensities, textures, locations, and patterns of spread. This is especially true for individuals who suffer from a severe type of chronic pain called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS).
Nanolume® makes it easy for you to track, analyze, and map at least 12 distinct types of pain every day. By more completely knowing what types of pain a person is suffering with, such knowledge can be used to improve the basis upon which your diagnosis and treatment can be developed and/or adjusted.
PAIN IS DIFFERENT.
Pain is a subjective (not objective) sensation — it cannot be measured by a medical device. Its assessment relies on the ability of a person to accurately describe and communicate what he or she feels.
This app helps you explain and show to others precisely what you feel every day.
For each diary entry (pain picture):
• Choose from a list of at least 12 uniquely different pain types; you can even choose multiple types of pain — each one layered separately.
• Select the intensity of each pain type.
• Use your finger or a stylus pen to draw an “outline” around the location where each type of pain is felt.
• The app automatically calculates (estimates) the % body surface area covered (affected) by each (or all) type(s) of pain.
• Open a saved entry (pain picture) and look at the location of each unique pain type (by touching the pain type you want to see) or look at how all the pain types overlap together (by touching "All Layers"). Swipe the picture left or right to review how your pain changes over time.
• Add "Notes" for additional details.
• Miss an entry? Go back and recreate a "pain picture" from the past; then, use the "Calendar" icon to backdate the recreated entry.
• View a summary of your data in "Charts".
• Calendar. Touch the "Calendar" icon to backdate any pain-picture you draw to create a record of what you remember feeling from the past.
• Unlimited Pain Entries. An unlimited number of pain entries can be saved and tracked (data summarized in “Charts”).
• Copy/Edit. Copy or edit-a-copy of a previous pain entry.
• Custom Pain Types. It allows you to define up to 3 customized pain types.
• Export. Email or save a CSV file of your numeric data.
• Numbness. Track numbness along with pain entries (data charted separately).
• Interactive Summary & Animation. After a week or more of data is saved, play an animation showing how “each” of your pain types, or “all” of your pain types, change within any time period you choose by selecting the corresponding start/stop dates.
Data is stored on your device and is not collected/stored by Nanolume®, LLC.
Copyright © 2014-2019 Nanolume® LLC. All rights reserved. Patent Pending.
With your initial purchase, we continue to include the use of 3 previous features that used to be in-app purchases, namely: “Unlimited Pain Entries”, “Copy/Edit,” and “Custom Pain Types”. We also include our new "Export/Share" feature that allows you to create a CSV file of your numeric data that you can email or save. The previous in-app purchases “Numbness” and “Interactive Summary & Animation" remain as optional upgrades.
Ratings and Reviews
Extremely useful app for chronic pain patients
I developed CRPS over the last year which causes severe neuropathic pain. My pain fluctuates day to day and sometimes it’s hard to describe it. I found this app mentioned on a pain management blog and purchased it. It has been so helpful for me in documenting where my pain is located, kind of pain and intensity. I really like that the pain types are described. My physician was pleasantly surprised when he asked me about my pain, I was able to show my documentation of its progression on this app. Along with my other records, this app helped him to put together a pain management plan based on my individual need.
For those of us with chronic pain, this app is a must have. It allows us to identify and rate different types of pain all at once AND identify the area of the body each type of pain effects. Also, they are very responsive to any problems or concerns you might have. Responsive and kind and super quick to fix the problem. Get this app!!
As a pain management professional, this app is perfect for my patients. It’s ability to be so specific in regards to location and quality of pain is invaluable to assessing correctly for diagnosis and treatment. The ability to document pain based on time of day, as well as how the pain ebbs and increases throughout time periods, makes H&P’s as well as billing justification a breeze.
- Nanolume, LLC
- 132.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014-2019 Nanolume® LLC. All rights reserved. Patent Pending.
- In-App Purchases
- Interactive Summary & Animation $1.99
- Unlimited Diary Entries
- Copy and Edit a Previous Pain Entry
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.