Palaver is a modern IRC client for iPhone and iPad featuring a unique user interface which makes using IRC a pleasure. It fits you and your mobile devices perfectly. You can use Palaver on the large screen of the iPad or on the road with your iPhone. Palaver was made with the modern IRC user in mind and features IRCv3 support, ZNC integration, push notifications, and much more.
• Quick and intuitive interface.
• Auto-completion for nicknames, channels and commands.
• Customizable highlight and mention notices with alerts and vibrations.
• Complete SASL support for securely identifying to networks such as Freenode.
• Wide range of themes and styles to choose from.
• ZNC integration
• Push notifications (with a module for ZNC, see: https://github.com/palaver/znc-palaver).
• Synchronisation of preferences via iCloud.
• IRCv3 compliant.
* Prevents ZNC Playback messages from showing up in other IRC clients when connecting with Palaver.
* Add support for additional character sets, such as GBK. Including a `/charset` command to set charsets for the current network.
* Exclude ZNC buffextra playback as showing as unread messages. Messages from buffextras no longer contribute to the unread count.
* Fixed problems with IRCv3 monitor support where receiving multiple online nicks at once wouldn't be respective in the UI.
* Improves interplay with Palaver message completions with Chinese inputs.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Can’t Connect to Gamesurge server (EDIT)
Does this app support gamesurge? I tried connecting and am getting an error, perhaps I am typing in incorrect info but if anyone knows how to connect to Gamesurge via ANY IRC app for Iphone, please let me know.
I was able to successfully connect to Gamesurge, which was the main issue here. App looks great, I really enjoy the layout. The only things bugging me is the fact that if I leave the app running in the background for a very short amount of time, if I bring the app back up, I have to reconnect to everything, which is a bit annoying. Only other thing is the signature when you leave, it leaves a link to Palaver’s website, which I don’t want. A custom exit message could be nice, but I mostly just don’t want to see the link. Aside from this, I do enjoy the app.
Developer Response ,
Hey westside24ch, connecting to GameSurge works just fine in our testing, just make sure to turn off SSL (the server does not seem to support this). If you still experience issues, could you reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org and share the exact error message? Then we can help you find the problem.
I like it BUT...
I like the App so far- aesthetically pleasing, ergonomical, fairly straightforward.
HOWEVER, I wish it had a function or option to REMAIN CONNECTED when I go use another app or do something else with my phone.
For $1.99, I think I should get that.
Best Mutter replacement
For a long time I used Mutter IRC to access IRC through my ZNC bouncer on my iPhone. Mutter reached its end of life this past summer, and I was left in want of the features that Mutter had, particularly a ZNC push notification module. Palaver works great as a Mutter replacement! It has a ZNC push notification module that works just like Mutter’s did. It’s design is intuitive and sleek. My only qualm with it was resolved in Palaver’s most recent update—it now supports the buffextras ZNC module, so joins/parts read correctly on playback!
- COCODE LTD
- 35.7 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Cocode LTD
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.