The top emergency medicine quick reference!
The number 1 medical app in over 80 countries.
iTunes "What's Hot" & "New and Noteworthy"
In emergency medicine, every second counts. That's why for over a decade, palmEM has been the go-to emergency medicine quick reference tool for tens of thousands of healthcare professionals worldwide.
palmEM is more than just an app. It’s a bedside companion that's there to support you in the fast-paced, high-stakes world of emergency medicine.
With palmEM you'll have concise, evidence-based information delivered directly to your fingertips in a clinically relevant, quick reference format. The app's design empowers you with the information you need to take swift and confident action.
What sets palmEM apart?
• CONTENT: From AAA to Zoonoses, palmEM includes a vast content library of commonly encountered conditions, procedures, and frequently used clinical decision rules.
• TRUST: Designed and updated by emergency medicine physicians, you can trust in the reliability and accuracy of our fully referenced content, ensuring you have the most reliable and up-to-date information.
• INTUITIVE DESIGN: palmEM's easy to use interface makes finding what you need a breeze. With just a couple taps, you can quickly access the information you need to make informed decisions at the bedside.
• UP-TO-DATE: We consistently update palmEM's content and interface to ensure that you have the most current and useful information and the smoothest user experience.
• OFFLINE: You don’t have to worry about losing access in no-network areas. Our app allows you to access the information you need, even when you’re offline.
• UNBIASED: We are proud to say that palmEM is free of any influence from advertisers or industry, ensuring that you receive only the highest quality information that is both up-to-date and rigorously reviewed. We never sell your information.
• VALUE: Get the most for your money with palmEM. "I was paying hundreds a year for another app but I’ve dumped that now. palmEM is cheaper, prettier, faster, and its calculators are easier to use in a hurry." - EMtutorials.com
Whether you're in emergency medicine, internal medicine, primary care, family medicine, urgent care, or critical care, palmEM has you covered. Every part of the team—nursing, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, medical students, residents, fellows, seasoned attending physicians—we're confident palmEM will be your go-to reference tool.
Try palmEM free for 7 days with our no-obligation trial and explore its wealth of resources. Subscribe for ongoing full access with continuous content updates. We are confident that once you experience the value of palmEM, you'll want to continue using it as your go-to reference tool. You're not just getting an app—you're getting a bedside partner.
"palmEM is an excellent, rapid point-of-care reference perfectly designed for the time crunch of the emergency department."
"Doc APProvED: The relentless search for an emergency medicine app that does it all will inevitably lead to palmEM...a great quick reference for the price."
—Emergency Medicine News
"There is so much in here I don’t know where to begin. The app really seems to cover everything...Could I enthuse about this any more??"
"Its succinct design works well with either the iPhone or iPad, and because it is a universal app, users needn’t be torn choosing between either well-optimized versions."
DISCLAIMER: This app is intended for medical professionals. It is strictly for educational purposes and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Consult with a recognized medical professional before making decisions based on information included in this application.
We're thrilled to announce that we've brought back the notes feature to palmEM! Now, adding your own notes is a breeze. Just tap on the notes icon in the upper right corner of any topic. Your notes will be saved automatically. Plus, we've also added a handy search function to the home screen, making it even easier to find exactly what you're looking for.
Ratings and Reviews
Latest update asking to subscribe even when previously owned
Downloaded (from my past purchases) after long to use it again. To my surprise, it asked for subscription at every stage after asking me to sign up first. Even if I try to restore purchases, it is still shows the same thing over and over again. This needs to be fixed.
Update: Sent them an email and they fixed access. Updating review to 4 stars. Still keeping one star as this migration should have been automatic and there might still be affected users.
Developer Response ,
We're glad to hear that our team was able to resolve the issue. We're very sorry for the inconvenience caused - it's definitely not the experience we want you to have!
Just a heads up to our users: if you haven't opened palmEM since version 10 was released in December 2022, you might be prompted to subscribe. Please email us at email@example.com if you're affected and we'll make sure you're taken care of.
Thank you for reaching out to us and for updating your review. If you have any further concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here listening and here to help!
Detailed though complex*
It's useful but for me it is confusing. It seems more like a general overview rather than going in depth for each subject. There are categories, subcategories and details. For example: ABC's: Adult Quick Med List: Lidocane: mg/kg IV. Maybe it's because I'm not a doctor or nurse but I don't know what all the 'details' such as the Pulseless/Stable/May repeat VT/VF and such means. Seems like it would be a good resource for those in the medical field, however.
Great POC resource!
Absolutely worth the money! As a Family Med doc in clinic, this is my one-stop shop for the occasional ED-type patient that somehow schedules an acute appt with me instead of going to an ED. It allows me to perform quick interventions while coordinating transfer. I’ve used it three times in the past month alone as a super quick bedside reference for calculating BSA for a burn patient, splinting a metacarpal fracture, and remembering the rules for clearing a C-spine collar. The info is very well organized and is limited to the pearls that we need to remember quickly in that moment. Shout out to Bret P. for recommending it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PalmER Worldwide LLC
- 161.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2023 palmER Worldwide LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Subscription $35.99
- Monthly Subscription $5.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.